Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PurplePie

Chatty Member
400 artists in Ireland signed an open letter asking Bambie Thug to withdraw. One of the signatories had been favourite to win the national selection back in January but didn't. Except in January when she competed the conflict was well underway.
Sorry I don't mean to derail but Erica Cody is such a desperate wannabe who is jealous and bitter that Bambie beat her. Ercia is a shit singer and wouldn't have a lot of commercial success but she seems to get a lot of opportunities and publicity from Rté (Irish broadcaster). She was pushed hard by them in the run up to the national selection. Then she went on to put public pressure on Bambie to boycott the competition? What a hypocrite and she should know there would be contractual obligations Bambie would have to fulfil.

Anyway, Ercia is a Roxanne Pallett type grifter/ perpetual victim type. Shortly after the George Floyd/BLM protesters a few years back she tried to capitalise on the mood at the time and tried to get Versatile, or specifically, Casper Walsh cancelled. They knew each other from school or something? She posted a video where she was crying/ distraught in her car saying he had blocked her in for ages, intimidated her, she was practically in fear of her life etc etc. He was able to get the CCTV footage and showed he stopped his car in front of her parked car, waved and moved on like 5 seconds later. She's not to be taken seriously.

Reactions: 7

Merpedy

VIP Member
Haven't the voting rules changed so the public votes from the moment performances start or something? The halves may not matter as much as they did previously
---
Rehearsal video is out.. I don't love it
---
The staging is really good but... yeah

Said it before but it's giving Sam Smith to me and I'm not loving it as a result. Also just finding him unbearable

• Heart
Reactions: 7

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Are they going to have actual ABBA at the final. Can't imagine they are going to miss the chance for a 50 year tribute.
If they don't get them there in some form on Saturday they never will. In Sweden on their 50th Anniversary ?? Got to be in with chance.

Reactions: 6

kev1974

VIP Member
I said a few pages back to keep Eurovision totally apolitical then they should take action regarding countries in conflict. Just suspend them until it is over. It is distracting and not fair on the artists.

Even Ukraine winning in 2022 was a political statement. Everyone voted Ukraine because of the war not because of their song.
Yep the pressure on Olly trying to make him withdraw has been absolutely ridiculous, calling him complicit in genocide, littering his twitter feed with pics of dead babies etc just because he's in the same competion that features an Israeli entry. Totally unfair and unreasonable, of course Israel and Palestine is important in life but at the same time we need some relief and fun and calm time away from the horrors of the world, not everything needs to be spoiled and miserable.

No doubt other countries' acts have been under the same pressure. I agree that any country that's involved in an international conflict should simply be excluded even if that does mean half the entrants being removed!

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I had missed the opening act last night so I wasn’t aware of Eric Saade wearing a Palestinian keffiyeh around his wrist, causing the Eurovision organizers to not upload his performance or mention him on their social media. Apparently it’s being investigated if Eric, a man with Palestinian roots, broke some made up rules with this. My god.
Shall we just ban flags at Eurovision altogether now then?
This is getting ridiculous. Not a good look for the ebu.

Merpedy

VIP Member
I think the strong songs this year are strong and actually competing so it’s a pretty good year

I know there’s some favourites but I don’t think they have it in the bag at all and some may be a bit too weird for the general public

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Shall we just ban flags at Eurovision altogether now then?
This is getting ridiculous. Not a good look for the ebu.
And it’s literally not even a flag he was showing, so Eurovision is really being the worst once again. They simply don’t want any sign of Palestinian life to be seen. They said flags from non-participating countries are banned, so Eric didn’t even break that rule.

German media of course calls this a provocation 🙄

• Angry

Rach88

VIP Member
I'm really excited and he seems genuinely grateful and excited to do it feel like this is the earliest we've, annouched it