Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Helloooo!
I've just finished catching up on the pages here - thank you @Chita for starting this! So many times on H&M, I've felt like sliding into off topic, so I'm glad we have a space here.
πŸ₯‚ all round! πŸ₯°

• Heart
Reactions: 17

50sGirl

VIP Member
Also remember that the little things we take for granted might be things some people wish they could have.

I was at a funeral yesterday.
The tea afterwards was held in a marquee at the back of the house.
Many parked on the street near the house and walked to the back garden, some managed to park on the long drive.
Amongst the usual cars I saw a massive Tesla, a new Jaguar and a bloody Aston Martin!! Wow!
All enormously expensive and clearly a person who can afford such a car must have loads more money and a better lifestyle than me - but is that true?

Maybe they pay more for their loaf of bread, butter, cheese and wine than I can afford, but how much better is it really?
I can get nice tasting food without spending a fortune.
And their humungously expesive to buy and insure car can still get scratched and dented just like my bog standard car.
Well said!

F0461639-971A-4876-8B00-57014B4C9047.jpeg

• Heart

Damita

Sleep problems and mental health are getting worse apart from that one day where I did sleep.

Was desperate enough to actually ring my GP surgery today and the very nice doctor I spoke to was understanding and has given me a week's work of diazpem. It won't be a magic fix but it might take the edge off enough for me to be able to heal myself better from there. Fingers crossed, anyway.

• Heart

Doodlebug005

VIP Member
Im sick of Harry's blackmail.

so,

what else can we talk about?
GB News was just saying how many people have put on weight during lockdown.
Im guilty of that.

I just had a look to see if WeightWatchers is operating. I dont want to do it online. Ive got as much willpower as a dead wasp, so thats no good for me.

There's one 'in-person' meeting in my nearest town, so I now have to psyche myself up to attend it.
Can't find any prices though, but I figure that if I stop buying naughty snacks I will be able to afford the meeting fee.
Oh me for sure, hubby just had 5 weeks hols , eat drink and be merry is what we did! I'm annoyed with myself, bra's bursting, have named the boobs fruit & nutπŸ˜‚. I find when I write a meal plan , put my cals on "my fitness pal" I am much more disciplined... I have a notebook for exercise, 10 minute workout on youtube. Dumbbell exercises twice a day takes 5 mins each. Exercise bike bores me so i only do 15 minutes, and 2 x 15 min dog walk... Pissing rain today though. I tick off when its done... I cant be trusted otherwiseπŸ˜‚
I own every book from pinch of nom to fast 800.. I should be on a catwalkπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Haha

Nuttynana

VIP Member
And she has a daughter high up in the Police force who has to be called ma'am.
Bloody ridiculous she pushed her luck the other day with me especially since her partner has just been promoted to Chief Inspector.

Told her to fuck off and that I would post baby pics on Facebook of her as a baby minus her knickers, that worked Ma'am, cheeky cow they don't get one over on me.

The old fucker indoors is like Victor Meldrew and he gets called a mucking cunt as well

• Haha

Pom Bear

VIP Member
I love your posts on the H&M thread! I'm usually on Jack Monroe's thread so I just lurk on others but your pics always stand out. Thanks you! β™₯πŸ‡­πŸ‡²β™₯
That's lovely to hear thank you very much β€β€πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ₯°πŸ€—πŸ˜˜ xx.
I saw your cute cat pics so found this pic online you πŸ₯°πŸ˜˜...

Resizer_16274058275890.jpg

• Heart

HairyWeeTerrier

VIP Member
It also doesn't take into consideration the people who have no one to talk to. They assume everyone has friends and family.

I was diagnosed with aspergers at 45 and adhd at age 50 following a mental breakdown and depression. I had to give up nursing. The menopause has made my anxiety even worse. I have two young adult sons with SN who I have to try and guide through life and I worry about their futures. I have a lovely husband who is retired.

I love my three cats who are my fur family πŸ’š
I think it is difficult to talk about depression and anxiety to anyone, unless they have gone through it themselves, because they just cannot understand how we are feeling. And yes, talking to them makes us feel worse. At least on here, you will not feel so alone, I have a feeling you will find some kindred spirits.

• Heart

ChipDex

VIP Member
Thanks for starting this. I’m mostly OK with my mental health and probably won’t post much, although I may need the odd rant about my lovely, kind but bloody infuriating husband πŸ€ͺ. But I’m here to listen and offer support
🀣

Ditto!

Love mine to bits but I might need a rant from time to time!

ETA

Those Maine Coons are absolutely adorable. Our neighbour used to have one and they have such lovely temperaments. And so cuddly. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 16

freda19

VIP Member
Morning everyone :) Great idea for a new thread Chita @Chita.

I'm getting myself a bit worked up this week, as after looking after my Mum for 6 months since my Dad died in January (she has very severe mental health problems and has undergone ECT during this period and threatened suicide nearly every day!) I've finally had to relinquish her care to a 24 hour carer at home. They are due to start mid week but we haven't even been introduced to them yet. I've got all sorts of worries going through my mind from trying to keep her Covid safe to will the carer simply 'Be kind'? I've been trying to keep my business afloat at the same time but it has had to take a back seat in the last few weeks - it will be strange having the time to get back on with life again.

The H&M thread was the only bit of light relief I had - so thanks you lovely lot 😍 I promise to try and not make it all about Me..me..me!

I bring victoria sponge and decaf tea (sorry - caffeine give me the jitters!) 🍰🍰🍰
Try not to fret re the carers. I think when horror stories come out about the odd ones that the reality is they are indeed the odd ones and all the others are beavering away doing their best for their clients with no acknowledgement.
Your mum will be fine with them and it gives you time to get yourself back into a better place mentally. Good luck.

• Heart

AlanBanan

VIP Member
some kind of victim mentality - never this person's fault - but they are also superior to everyone else. They have a nasty, vindictive streak, will think nothing of taking "revenge" but also very mentally feeble, gullible and easily led by the nutters on the net (but can't see it). Maybe even some kind of psychopath?
That sound like a narcissist as well as being possibly on the spectrum that makes them prone to being easily led.

Also, very few people are truly psychopaths. So if they were a psychopath, it’d be known already and you wouldn’t be guessing if they were.

spangly

VIP Member
Omg, coming back to this thread tonight has really cheered me up!
@Nuttynana - honestly, you should have your own Agony Aunt column! No nonsense, practical and sweary advice - just what we all need 😜πŸ₯°

Yep, decided to try and lose some weight - thanks for the motivation everyone. I did lose 3 stone before when I did SW but then I had a bit of an anxious period in my life and put it all on again. Decided to try and lose 1 stone in 2 months this time - I think that's do-able!

• Heart

Chita

VIP Member
Im sick of Harry's blackmail.

so,

what else can we talk about?
GB News was just saying how many people have put on weight during lockdown.
Im guilty of that.
I just had a look to see if WeightWatchers is operating. I dont want to do it online. Ive got as much willpower as a dead wasp, so thats no good for me.

There's one 'in-person' meeting in my nearest town, so I now have to psyche myself up to attend it.
Can't find any prices though, but I figure that if I stop buying naughty snacks I will be able to afford the meeting fee.

kittenattack

VIP Member
I've entered some kind of lockdown letgo! I used to wear make-up daily before last year, wouldn't be seen without it, now I barely even bother! I've let the grey hairs twinkle through and my body shape is Veruca Salt as the blueberry - little twig arms and legs with a beach ball middle!
I must start making more of an effort - I've gone from looking vaguely acceptable to a horror show. I've hardly seen any of my friends for the last 18 months and honestly, I don't think any of them would recognise me in the street!
I'm the same. I used to be on the go all the time at work, now I just veg on the sofa. My hubby bought a treadmill so I've started going on that again to try to lose weight and build some fitness. I find low carbing is good for cutting appetite right down.

Have you tried yoga? That's good for relaxation and stretching etc. I just copy the beginners videos on YouTube.

Even just a little bit of activity is a start.

Fredsnail

VIP Member
Thanks for starting this Chita it's a great idea. Hopefully we can help each other and have a good chin wag :)

• Heart

Blondesx40x

Chatty Member
A lovely Tattler has mentioned this thread to me a little earlier, thought it might help..
Just found out that my beloved mum who's been battling various cancers has apparently 4 weeks left..
I just don't know what to do with myself, I've been expecting it for the last 10 years, especially as she was told she wouldn't live, every step of the way..
She turned 80 in April, but I'm not ready..
She's so frail, and I can see the drastic change in her these last couple of weeks.
She's scared, I'm scared..
She doesn't want to go in a hospice, she wants to stay at home..
All I do is cry πŸ’”

• Heart

sephylily

VIP Member
My mother favors my sister to the extent that even when my sister is in the wrong and I'm attempting to defend myself she turns it into my fault by saying I was screaming when I know I wasn't. It's like she's looking for something that she can point to it being my fault. It makes me so low because it feels like I'm always going to be in the wrong and there's never going to be anyway for me to defend myself against her. I feel trapped and on the edge of tears constantly.

• Heart
  • Wow
  • Sad

timemachinephantom

Not had time to read the thread yet, but what a great idea! Looking forward to meandering in a mazey motion without pressure in this lovely lively group. Thanks so much for setting it up. Love you all. πŸ’–

• Heart

50sGirl

VIP Member
Sorry everyone this is really boring ..😴
@HairyWeeTerrier , I removed bulbs etc this morning, filthy hands. Paid attention when scrubbing. I found the best result was to hold the scrub tight in one hand ( stationary) and run nails deep along bristles, which are short and soft. Moving the scrub and hand was less successful..
Amazing the things you do automatically and don't pay attention to....anyway that is enough boring info....off for coffee β˜•
I once read that before gardening you should dig your nails into a bar of soap so that the soap goes under the nails and it makes them easier to clean. I always remember this tip about half an hour after I’ve started gardening! πŸ™„ πŸ˜†

• Haha