Escape into the Tea & Sympathy Support room.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you want a place to post about things that drive you mad?
Let off steam?
Or to share things that have made you laugh?
Are you sick of Meghan and Harry?
Fed up of your country's Government or President?
Have you had enough of covid restrictions and their effect on your life?
Are you struggling with your mental health and need support to help you through?
Do you want to distract yourself by gossiping with like-minded people about no particular subject?
Do you want to laugh or cry?
Do you want to spill the tea about anything you like?

Then come right in - this thread is intended for exactly that.
We can talk about nice things, bad things - any damn thing.

Remember .... Talking is therapy.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
If anybody is feeling a bit down, let us know and we'll listen.
Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Thanks for starting this. I’m mostly OK with my mental health and probably won’t post much, although I may need the odd rant about my lovely, kind but bloody infuriating husband 🤪. But I’m here to listen and offer support

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I remember when covid lockdown first happened and people were concerned the Health services might be overwhelmed by patients needing ventilators etc
I said from day one that it was people's mental health they would be overwhelmed by.

Trouble is, many tend to suffer in silence because they either don't know how to help themselves or how to get help
Or
They don't want to talk about it because they think people don't want to be bothered by them or they dont want to admit they are struggling.

And for people who have never suffered before it can be scary.
Also some people refuse to try anti-depressants or therapy and that makes their struggle harder and puts pressure on their loved ones watching them suffer.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Morning everyone :) Great idea for a new thread Chita @Chita.

I'm getting myself a bit worked up this week, as after looking after my Mum for 6 months since my Dad died in January (she has very severe mental health problems and has undergone ECT during this period and threatened suicide nearly every day!) I've finally had to relinquish her care to a 24 hour carer at home. They are due to start mid week but we haven't even been introduced to them yet. I've got all sorts of worries going through my mind from trying to keep her Covid safe to will the carer simply 'Be kind'? I've been trying to keep my business afloat at the same time but it has had to take a back seat in the last few weeks - it will be strange having the time to get back on with life again.

The H&M thread was the only bit of light relief I had - so thanks you lovely lot 😍 I promise to try and not make it all about Me..me..me!

I bring victoria sponge and decaf tea (sorry - caffeine give me the jitters!) 🍰🍰🍰

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I've always struggled with mental health, now I'm older it's my physical health that's the issue...which causes more mental health issues! I've been sick for about 6 years so my husband and friends are probably tired of hearing about it now, I usually keep it quiet and self-medicate with my lovely cats and their cuddles. My husband sends me cute YouTube clips of animals when he senses I'm not doing well but nothing beats a good chat when you're down!

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Hooray for this thread,thanks Chita. I hope people will soon feel able to tell all and know people are here to comiserate and soothe..and offer tea...

• Heart
Reactions: 20

I'm getting myself a bit worked up this week, as after looking after my Mum for 6 months since my Dad died in January (she has very severe mental health problems and has undergone ECT during this period and threatened suicide nearly every day!) I've finally had to relinquish her care to a 24 hour carer at home. They are due to start mid week but we haven't even been introduced to them yet. I've got all sorts of worries going through my mind from trying to keep her Covid safe to will the carer simply 'Be kind'? I've been trying to keep my business afloat at the same time but it has had to take a back seat in the last few weeks - it will be strange having the time to get back on with life again.

The H&M thread was the only bit of light relief I had - so thanks you lovely lot 😍 I promise to try and not make it all about Me..me..me!

I bring victoria sponge and decaf tea (sorry - caffeine give me the jitters!) 🍰🍰🍰
Oh @spangly you have been through it... You did great, mum is safe. Shows how much this thread is needed. All the upset and you still wowed us with great thread titles and brilliant posts... I hope you are good to yourself you deserve some "me me me" 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 22

First - you have done the right thing.
Having a carer help out means you can look after you as well now.

Worst case, you don't like the carer - if that happens, you can ask for a different one. But im sure all will be fine.

Just dont treat the carer like Meghan allegedly treated her staff, okay? :ROFLMAO: 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I've always struggled with mental health, now I'm older it's my physical health that's the issue...which causes more mental health issues! I've been sick for about 6 years so my husband and friends are probably tired of hearing about it now, I usually keep it quiet and self-medicate with my lovely cats and their cuddles. My husband sends me cute YouTube clips of animals when he senses I'm not doing well but nothing beats a good chat when you're down!
I do get called a "Boomer" by my youngest because of it - but funny animal clips have got me through many a dark night...lol! Rabbits eating strawberries are my favourite - zombie bunnies!
Keep talking @MaineCoonMama <3
(Judging by your name, you keep Maine Coons? - have you got any photos?)

Oh @spangly you have been through it... You did great, mum is safe. Shows how much this thread is needed. All the upset and you still wowed us with great thread titles and brilliant posts... I hope you are good to yourself you deserve some "me me me" 🥰
Thanks @Doodlebug005 🥰

First - you have done the right thing.
Having a carer help out means you can look after you as well now.

Worst case, you don't like the carer - if that happens, you can ask for a different one. But im sure all will be fine.

Just dont treat the carer like Meghan allegedly treated her staff, okay? :ROFLMAO: 😂
Well, we haven't got a pool, but I could elbow her into a lukewarm bath! 🙃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Parkin' my lardy arse here! Thanks m'dear @Chita for the thread.

I've been on anti depressants for about 4 years now. Some days are good some days are bad. I've a brilliant husband and beautiful children and a roof over our heads. So I've so much to be greatful for. Depression is such a kick in the GEE and can just suck the joy out of anything.

On a lighter note.. We've have a FABALAS heatwave here in Ireland for the last week.... Today we're back to the grey, sunless skies and average temp.... BRING BACK THE HEAT AND SUN!! 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 27

We all worry people may get tired of listening, but thats because we are nice people and we consider others as well as ourselves.

Thats why I think its good to talk (or rant) about other stuff because distraction is a good way to help cope.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I do get called a "Boomer" by my youngest because of it - but funny animal clips have got me through many a dark night...lol! Rabbits eating strawberries are my favourite - zombie bunnies!
Keep talking @MaineCoonMama <3
(Judging by your name, you keep Maine Coons? - have you got any photos?)

Thanks @Doodlebug005 🥰

Well, we haven't got a pool, but I could elbow her into a lukewarm bath! 🙃
D224764E-86F1-4FC2-BC1B-BBD9696D0602.jpeg
1587DE89-35E4-4840-B644-C718478BFC9B.jpeg
DF116DEE-47B0-4F4B-89FB-3B722CA8F5C6.jpeg

There you go guys, top to bottom
Pooh-Bear
Susan
Thor

They are very cuddly and honestly great company. I'd be lost without them, especially Pooh.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Thanks for starting this. I’m mostly OK with my mental health and probably won’t post much, although I may need the odd rant about my lovely, kind but bloody infuriating husband 🤪. But I’m here to listen and offer support
🤣

Ditto!

Love mine to bits but I might need a rant from time to time!

ETA

Those Maine Coons are absolutely adorable. Our neighbour used to have one and they have such lovely temperaments. And so cuddly. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Yesterday I spent the whole day on my phone toggling between Tattle, google, twitter and facebook.
Hours and hours.
I have stuff to do but I just could not be arsed to do anything.
I wasnt feeling low particularly, I just couldn't raise any energy to shift myself.
So I was an idle bastard.

Im trying to rouse myself not to repeat that.
I have to go food shopping and im trying to motivate myself.

Have I still got to wear a mask? If so. I'll have to put make up on now my fizzog wont be hidden under cloth for the first time since last March.

Will the shelves be empty because all the truck drivers and shelf stackers are off work because the stupid App has pinged them and they are at home even though they are not ill?

It drives me nuts.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.