Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Miscanthus

VIP Member
This is going to be a very long meta moan, but I needed somewhere to vent.

There’s a thread about popular threads (I did say this would be meta) and loads of people kept mentioning the “same sex flirting” thread. Curiosity won me over so I searched for it. First two pages were kinda what you’d expect from the title and I wasn't sure why it was being recommended as a must-read….skipped to page 10 and oh. Suspicions that a popular(?) tattler wasn’t who they said they were. Or they were posting under a different name with a different backstory. So I went back and started again and read the whole thread (and there’s a second thread!). And although no confirmation from the accused, I think it’s been agreed that the poster/s was a catfish. I’ll refer to them as X - which covers all their usernames.

And now going back a bit. I’ve been a lurker for a while and became active at the beginning of lockdown. Post a bit on the influencer etc pages but I don’t actually follow that many and none of the really big threads. Discovered the off topic threads and enjoyed posting. I’m a loner and an oversharer.

Early on I bumped into X - seemingly another newish tattler and also an oversharer. At first I found this a good thing as it didn’t make my long block of texts look so weird! And they seemed to be online a lot like me so there were a few back and forth quote replies. But then I started to notice that they posted constantly and that the posts were a bit….much? Over the top, and often quite sexual in nature. I started to feel uncomfortable and slowly retreated from the places I was active in (if they were there too, and they were everywhere). They were just super loud even via the screen.

I then started posting on a food and drink thread, which I thought was about food and drink but then found out it was a side thread to the jack monroe thread. But these people were lovely and welcoming, and I was enjoying myself. I’m a grown adult and I feel a bit embarrassed to say it, but it was a safe and happy space for me, like I had low maintenance friends to chat to.

And then one day X turns up too. As I said, these people are welcoming and X quickly became part of the furniture and then their posts became too much (for me) again. And so I stopped reading or posting.

I know I’m an absolute child but anyways.

By this point I’d manage to run out of any safe (X free) spaces I could properly chit chat, and was stuck with leaving a few sarky comments about Lily Pebbles and co.

I have held a grudge against X for probably a year, or longer. I found this person annoying, but I was more angry at myself for not being able to join in like everyone else. Even in a virtual room, I managed to find a corner and stick myself in it. Pathetic.

And then I read this same sex flirting thread and realised I let someone who doesn’t even really exist steal my joy. The thread was funny. The memes were genius. But I’m typing this now and I feel so upset.

I enjoy being alone and I find it hard to be around people in real life, but the internet gives me social interaction in a way I can manage. And for the short time I was able to talk to people about little daily things, I felt “normal”.

God only knows what X’s intentions were.
Purely perverted? Bored? Maybe lonely like me?

I don’t know how to end this post. Do I feel better after venting? I think so. Still majorly embarrassed but I’ve already closed myself off so not like I could be worse off!
Don't be so hard on yourself! You are clearly a lovely, trusting, open person. Don't let this bad experience with one person upset you. There are a LOT of people on Tattle (and a lot of threads) and most of us are who we say we are. Many members are lonely, seeking company, maybe looking for a laugh or chat with like minded people.
If there is something you are not comfortable with you can report the post/poster or as @Doodlebug005 says, block them.

Reactions: 1

Tattyfilarious

So
I had tickets for Genesis in Manchester a fortnight ago, but decided not to go as I was too frightened of large crowds and having been shielding for so much of the last 18 months, didn't feel safe -it was also more than 7 months since 2 nd vaccination and still being on immunosuppressant medication, I was too wary )
last saw them in 1982 in Edinburgh and they were brilliant!
So sorry that you didn't get to see them this time, but your memories from Edinburgh, 1982 are priceless and forever with you x

Hope the situation changes soon, to a point where you do feel comfortable going to a big arena event - L xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
I have just ranted about my life on another thread and feel a bit daft now. but I expect I needed to get it off my chest.

olivia321

VIP Member
Will people here be my friend. I really need a friendship group and I can’t find one online anywhere. It just feels like no one efer understands me and accepts me. Everyone always turns on me, will here be different,
I noticed you had been quite in the wags thread and I wondered if you was ok because your normally there first, I thought I might find you in here and I’m glad I did, I hope you’re ok ❤❤❤

Last edited:

Peachsquish

VIP Member
I went out with my husband to a concert last night (Genesis- yeah!). First time I've been anywhere much in the past 18-months - the scariest bit for me (when suffering from anxiety) is the build-up before the big event; I go into panic mode and hyperventilate; but once I'm there and everything is okay I relax.
It's the anticipation that screws my head.
Btw, if you ever want to go to a concert at Liverpool arena - the people who work there are absolutely wonderful
That's good to know I'm due to see a-ha there next year and I've never been.