Escape into the Tea & Sympathy Support room.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm having a seriously bad day with my low mood.

I've been depressed for about 3 years now and I want to reach out and say I'm struggling but I've told people so many times I don't think they'll care too much, they might just think urgh not again

I'm seeing a therapist and taking medication but it's just not getting better. I'm really just looking for some words of comfort. Right now it feels so much easier to reach out to strangers!

• Heart
Reactions: 6

I've been depressed for about 3 years now and I want to reach out and say I'm struggling but I've told people so many times I don't think they'll care too much, they might just think urgh not again

I'm seeing a therapist and taking medication but it's just not getting better. I'm really just looking for some words of comfort. Right now it feels so much easier to reach out to strangers!
Hi @Jadejones9596 ,.. sorry to hear you are having a bad day. Crap aren't they... Can you get a review of your meds? Maybe you are not on them long enough or maybe they are not doing the job...an appointment with your gp might be a good idea. How do you find your therapist? Can you speak to them at short notice? Will they take your call , would you get an appointment at short notice?
Sorry if I am throwing useless suggestions at you .

When I am having a bad day, I try and get out, a walk clears the head, watch an episode of a favourite tv show (something funny not morbid) i play my favourite music loudly , just be kind to yourself...

Are there any particular help lines you could ring, not knowing what country you are in i copied this nhs link, with some tips and resources

let us know how you are doing. I am sure some other posters will have better suggestions so keep checking in....sending you...

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi @Jadejones9596 ,.. sorry to hear you are having a bad day. Crap aren't they... Can you get a review of your meds? Maybe you are not on them long enough or maybe they are not doing the job...an appointment with your gp might be a good idea. How do you find your therapist? Can you speak to them at short notice? Will they take your call , would you get an appointment at short notice?
Sorry if I am throwing useless suggestions at you .

When I am having a bad day, I try and get out, a walk clears the head, watch an episode of a favourite tv show (something funny not morbid) i play my favourite music loudly , just be kind to yourself...

Are there any particular help lines you could ring, not knowing what country you are in i copied this nhs link, with some tips and resources

let us know how you are doing. I am sure some other posters will have better suggestions so keep checking in....sending you...
That really is incredibly kind of you to message me, I can't tell you how appreciated that is! I'm filling in a review form as we speak, I hadn't thought about it tbh and I looked on my surgery's website and there was a MH medication review form! Amazing!

I will definitely give it a go watching something funny, I do love Friends!

Really appreciate your suggestions, honestly I am very grateful, im a bit lost for what to do right now so you have been a massive help. Sending a hug back thank you again x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
That really is incredibly kind of you to message me, I can't tell you how appreciated that is! I'm filling in a review form as we speak, I hadn't thought about it tbh and I looked on my surgery's website and there was a MH medication review form! Amazing!

I will definitely give it a go watching something funny, I do love Friends!

Really appreciate your suggestions, honestly I am very grateful, im a bit lost for what to do right now so you have been a massive help. Sending a hug back thank you again x
Awww great that you are filling in the review form. You know, you sound more positive already!
I hope you get answers soon! Ooh friends is an excellent choice! Love Chandler dancing😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi jadejones, I'm sorry you're having a hard day. Doodlebug has given you some great advice, hope that helps you. I would agree with going for a walk, it gives you a bit of perspective when you see other people, and it reminds me that we all have our problems, that I'm not alone in struggling. Life can be hard, certainly has been recently, so please be kind to yourself and remember to only talk to yourself as you would talk to a friend. Hopefully a different medication might help you? And in the meantime, a bit of fresh air every day and Chandler dancing should help! Look after yourself and let us know how you get on xxxxx

• Heart
You are all so wonderful and kind! The chandler dancing really made me laugh... and in his words, could I be any more grateful?!

I've sent off for my medication review so fingers crossed it gets sorted soon.

I am honestly so appreciative of your care and kindness its meant so much today x

• Heart
One of my favourite "Friends" moments is the one where the cheesecake gets delivered to the wrong apartment and Rachel and Chandler argue and drop it in the hallway and Joey rocks up, says, "hmmm, what are we eatin'?" and produces a fork from inside his jacket and tucks in.

There are many, many laugh out loud moments in that show.

Watching some comedy is a great way to lift one's spirits.

• Haha
One of my favourite "Friends" moments is the one where the cheesecake gets delivered to the wrong apartment and Rachel and Chandler argue and drop it in the hallway and Joey rocks up, says, "hmmm, what are we eatin'?" and produces a fork from inside his jacket and tucks in.

There are many, many laugh out loud moments in that show.

Watching some comedy is a great way to lift one's spirits.
I just love the episode where Ross is fine and he does that little speech... L is for love... ahhh love 🤣🤣

I just love the episode where Ross is fine and he does that little speech... L is for love... ahhh love 🤣🤣

There's so many brilliant moments.

Ross has loads too.

I love the one in the launderette when that horrible woman is being mean to Rachel.
Dave Schwimmer does some brilliant physical comedy when he walks into the open door of a washing machine and falls over.
They are all brilliant.

And when Joey has on ALL of Chandler's clothes and keeps lunging!

And when Joey has read Rachel's book and keeps joking about her burnin' loins!

Oh........just SO many funny moments.

Im on a roll now................

and when Monica has a cold and is trying to get Chandler to rub her chest with Vick's vapour rub.
ha ha ha - and Monica and Ross's ROUTINE on the New Year's Eve show.

• Haha

Much easier, because (in my case) it's awful to tell those who love you that you still feel incomplete.

I never tell my Mum, my husband or my children how bad I feel sometimes - I don't want to worry them; my problem not theirs

Last edited:
  • Heart
Alright, I try to promise not to feel for myself anymore - I'm currently awaiting a call back from our eldest son in Japan; he and his family are experiencing financial difficulties due to him not being able to work (he's an English teacher) because his wife's brother-in-law has tested positive for Covid - they all live together; our son and his wife, her sister and husband, and the two boys, our grandson and his cousin. Our grandson (he's 3-years old) is type 1 diabetic. Yeah I'm worried

I've felt this in my bones for days now - that something wasn't right; my husband thinks I'm a witch, maybe he's right - I do love black cats!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Alright, I try to promise not to feel for myself anymore - I'm currently awaiting a call back from our eldest son in Japan; he and his family are experiencing financial difficulties due to him not being able to work (he's an English teacher) because his wife's brother-in-law has tested positive for Covid - they all live together; our son and his wife, her sister and husband, and the two boys, our grandson and his cousin. Our grandson (he's 3-years old) is type 1 diabetic. Yeah I'm worried

I've felt this in my bones for days now - that something wasn't right; my husband thinks I'm a witch, maybe he's right - I do love black cats!
Hope it's good news Tatty xx

• Heart

Hope you get some good news today. I so know what you mean about feeling it in your bones. I have grown up children and when I hear youngsters talking about wanting a baby, I think blimey, it's not just a baby, it's your whole lifetime from here on in being concerned about your pregnancy, the birth, then worried about them, worried for them, wondering how they're doing, looking out for them and so many other things. That said, you dont really know all that until you've lived it and Im sure I was the same when I was younger, you tend to think of having a baby and a child but not much further imho.

There's so many brilliant moments.

Ross has loads too.

I love the one in the launderette when that horrible woman is being mean to Rachel.
Dave Schwimmer does some brilliant physical comedy when he walks into the open door of a washing machine and falls over.
They are all brilliant.

And when Joey has on ALL of Chandler's clothes and keeps lunging!

And when Joey has read Rachel's book and keeps joking about her burnin' loins!

Oh........just SO many funny moments.

Im on a roll now................

and when Monica has a cold and is trying to get Chandler to rub her chest with Vick's vapour rub.
ha ha ha - and Monica and Ross's ROUTINE on the New Year's Eve show.
Friends is a real go-to show for me, never fails to cheer me up. It must be amazing to be a part of that show, knowing what a difference you've made to people's lives.

How are things today, Jadejones? The sun's out here, hope it is wherever you are x

• Heart
Hope you get some good news today. I so know what you mean about feeling it in your bones. I have grown up children and when I hear youngsters talking about wanting a baby, I think blimey, it's not just a baby, it's your whole lifetime from here on in being concerned about your pregnancy, the birth, then worried about them, worried for them, wondering how they're doing, looking out for them and so many other things. That said, you dont really know all that until you've lived it and Im sure I was the same when I was younger, you tend to think of having a baby and a child but not much further imho.

Friends is a real go-to show for me, never fails to cheer me up. It must be amazing to be a part of that show, knowing what a difference you've made to people's lives.

How are things today, Jadejones? The sun's out here, hope it is wherever you are x
Thank you so much for checking in on me, I feel a bit better this morning, had a great night sleep, makes all the difference doesn't it? Taking every day as it comes!

Haven't heard from the GP as yet but they are so busy aren't they, im sure I will. Hope you are ok! 🥰 x

• Heart
Two of my exes (both of which I truly expected to marry) have had babies in the last year and named them both Edward?! Wtf. My friend said they must have married die-hard Twilight fans so that is the story I'm telling myself to feel better ;P.

In reality, I stupidly checked one of their social media accounts and burst into tears when I saw him snuggling the new baby. I have such poor luck with love. I just feel like I was never good enough to settle down wholly with, and that's doing my head in.

Meanwhile, the other ex with the son named Edward, sent me a dick pic recently but still proclaims his marriage isn't bad, just boring. o_O -- and I am dead ashamed to say ... though he's such a tit head, I am still jealous of his wife somehow. Ugh.

• Haha
Two of my exes (both of which I truly expected to marry) have had babies in the last year and named them both Edward?! Wtf. My friend said they must have married die-hard Twilight fans so that is the story I'm telling myself to feel better ;P.

In reality, I stupidly checked one of their social media accounts and burst into tears when I saw him snuggling the new baby. I have such poor luck with love. I just feel like I was never good enough to settle down wholly with, and that's doing my head in.

Meanwhile, the other ex with the son named Edward, sent me a dick pic recently but still proclaims his marriage isn't bad, just boring. o_O -- and I am dead ashamed to say ... though he's such a tit head, I am still jealous of his wife somehow. Ugh.
Maybe it isnt poor luck with love.
Maybe it is good luck that you have escaped from being involved with either of them because they were not the ones for you.
You seem especially lucky to have escaped the one who sent you the photo.
I hope you can meet some new people to focus your attention on.

And maybe don't look at their social media any more.
People can make their lives look so interesting and fun on the surface by their posts online, but often, its fake happiness.
And it isnt that you "arent good enough."
Its that they werent right for you.

You will find other people to love because you are worth it - and it is worth waiting for the right one.

Believe it and it will happen.

• Heart

Oh I've been there, so many of my exes have had babies lately or got married and its hard to see. You've probably been told this a million times, have a little social media break and remember things are never as perfect as they seem online (things could be worse, you could have just had a baby with your ex and then find out he's messaging his dick to an ex, you got a lucky escape there!) Sending hugs x

Its been rather a dramatic week.
My partner and I have a friend that we've known for years, my partner has known him since childhood. He has various health problems, and has been housebound for a few years. He has been deteriorating for quite some time, but he is a very stubborn person and up until this point, he has refused to see a doctor
On Thursday he phoned my partner to tell him he was in a great deal of pain. To cut a long story short, the friend finally agreed to make an appointment with his doctor. But the doctor told him that he could not see him until this Tuesday. Over the weekend, he fell on the floor in his bathroom and bruised his eye. Then on Monday, my partner tried to phone him, but his phone was switched off. My partner went round to the friend's house, and found him on the bathroom floor. He had been there for 12 hours, and was dehydrated. We should have taken the opportunity to phone for an ambulance, but we didn't. I wish we had of done, it would have saved us from the nightmare situation that occured afterwards.
The friend received a text from his Doctor's surgery later that evening, to say that Tuesday's appointment had been cancelled because his Doctor was working from home because of Covid! I was absolutely livid, our friend has been trying to get treatment for a back injury he received from another fall, a few months ago, he damaged his coccyx and has been in constant pain since then.
Instead of going to the Doctor on Tuesday, we spent the best part of the day phoning NHS 111 and trying to get some treatment for our friend. We were unsuccessful, I had to leave the friends flat because I was so stressed out. But we did manage to get an appointment at the surgery for Friday. This meant that we would somehow manage to transport the friend, who has mobility problems, 5 miles to the surgery which recently moved out of town!
I called in at the friends place yesterday, to see how he was doing. When I got there, he was talking to NHS 111 again, because the situation had worsened. He has been having difficulty passing urine, and was in extreme discomfort. Once again, NHS 111 were not that helpful, it was decided that I would try to take the friend to the A&E department by taxi. But we decided to give NHS 111 one last try. We finally managed to get the friend referred to the emergency department at our local hospital a little later on
Because of the friends mobility issues, I was concerned about getting him down a flight of stairs, and along a long pathway to reach a taxi. So I phoned for an ambulance, I'm afraid I dialed 999. I felt awful having to do this. A while later, the ambulance came the paramedics spoke to the friend, but it was obvious that they were not pleased with being called out for a non emergency. I was growing increasingly frustated with the friend, because he was focusing on his waterworks problems, and not mentioning his other problems. It all became too much, and I went into another room, I might have ended up ranting at the friend, if I had stayed.
The paramedics were sympathetic, and finally agreed to drive the friend to the hospital because his blood pressure was high! Later on, he was transfered to the Acute assessment unit. I sincerely hope that the friend will get the treatment he desperately needs. We just have to wait and see.

• Heart
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.