Escape into the Tea & Sympathy Support room.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you have anyone you can talk to, your family or another friend?
In the meantime, baby-steps regarding the 'mess' in your house; your priority right now is you - take a shower, listen to your favourite music, watch a film that you love. Take care honey xxx

And I know that it isn't always quite as simple as it sounds x

Just wondering which ambitions any of us had in life? I wanted to be a vet (rural - cows, sheep etc.), but I was rubbish at Chemistry; my Dad (despite his expertise) didn't leave that particular legacy with me!
Thank you so much for your kind reply ❤

Good advice about baby steps!

Vet is a very popular dream. I think I wanted to work in an office, I used to play 'work' - a lot of paper shuffling and random stapling :)

Cleaning house can seem like a huge mountain to climb when you feel like you do.
But, once its done and everywhere is tidy and smelling clean and fresh it does lift the spirits.
It's just fighting that unable-to-shift-yourself-and-do-something feeling that is SO hard isn't it?
Hope you got it all done and then sank into clean smelling bed linen and drifted off to sleep.
Hope you feel better today and are ready to think about changing jobs.
There's more than one way to make a living and you do not have to stick at a job you hate.

Take a deep breath and make a list of what you'd like to do and then look around for vacancies in those sectors.

You can do it.
XxX
Thank you ❤

Good advice about changing jobs, I need to push myself to do that.

Reactions: 1
Thank you so much for your kind reply ❤

Good advice about baby steps!

Vet is a very popular dream. I think I wanted to work in an office, I used to play 'work' - a lot of paper shuffling and random stapling :)

Thank you ❤

Good advice about changing jobs, I need to push myself to do that.
If you read back through this thread you will see I posted that I had sessions with a pshychologist some years ago. It was to address my reactive depression to a life changing accident.
However, the therapist got to the bottom of my depression and yes. It was mainly a reaction to what happened to me but a huge part of what was making me depressed was the job I'd been working in and would have to go back to once I was fully recovered.

As you probably know those psychologists don't tell you what to do, they wheedle out of you what's wrong and they cleverly get you to work it out for yourself and fix the problem.

He gave me much to help but the thing that probably made me sort my head out was the simple words, "there's more than one way to make a living."

I went away and thought long and hard about that.
I eventually took a massive deep breath and found the strength to leave that job behind.

Then once that was behind me, my recovery came on in leaps and bounds.

Simple words but when acted upon they can really re-invent you.

Good luck
Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
If you read back through this thread you will see I posted that I had sessions with a pshychologist some years ago. It was to address my reactive depression to a life changing accident.
However, the therapist got to the bottom of my depression and yes. It was mainly a reaction to what happened to me but a huge part of what was making me depressed was the job I'd been working in and would have to go back to once I was fully recovered.

As you probably know those psychologists don't tell you what to do, they wheedle out of you what's wrong and they cleverly get you to work it out for yourself and fix the problem.

He gave me much to help but the thing that probably made me sort my head out was the simple words, "there's more than one way to make a living."

I went away and thought long and hard about that.
I eventually took a massive deep breath and found the strength to leave that job behind.

Then once that was behind me, my recovery came on in leaps and bounds.

Simple words but when acted upon they can really re-invent you.

Good luck
Xxx
I appreciate this ❤

I feel that the job is a big part of it to be honest. Happy to hear your story, gives me a bit of hope :)

I appreciate this ❤

I feel that the job is a big part of it to be honest. Happy to hear your story, gives me a bit of hope :)

When I left that job behind it was such a relief.
It was a huge step and definitely not easy. It was what everyone calls a 'good job.' But to me a job that makes me desperately unhappy isnt a good job.

I told myself if I don't make the break now, I never will.
I did it.
I realised what the phrase 'to have a weight lifted off my mind' meant.

That was over 20 years ago and I'm still here.
the low moods sometimes wash over me but its nowhere near as bad as it was back then when that job was pulling me down.

Hope you get things sorted out.

Reactions: 4
When I left that job behind it was such a relief.
It was a huge step and definitely not easy. It was what everyone calls a 'good job.' But to me a job that makes me desperately unhappy isnt a good job.

I told myself if I don't make the break now, I never will.
I did it.
I realised what the phrase 'to have a weight lifted off my mind' meant.

That was over 20 years ago and I'm still here.
the low moods sometimes wash over me but its nowhere near as bad as it was back then when that job was pulling me down.

Hope you get things sorted out.
Chita, you always post such wise words!

I’d like to wade in and say that I also quit a ”respectable career” that was making me desperately unhappy - I took a huge pay cut back to minimum wage and several years later, I wish I’d left sooner. I couldn’t put a price on the life it gave me back! I understand that leaving a job is not always simple and I was in a position to be able to take that pay cut, but I hope that things work out for you @April89 ☺ I now don’t have any “career goals” other than paying my bills/having a bit of disposable income and it feels so freeing.

I’d also like to say thank you for the advice I had around a month ago. I’ve taken a long break from social media as a result, reached out to some people and it’s made the world of difference to my mental health - to the point where I’m hoping I can now contribute positively to this thread and help others. Thank you 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 5

I’d like to wade in and say that I also quit a ”respectable career” that was making me desperately unhappy - I took a huge pay cut back to minimum wage and several years later, I wish I’d left sooner. I couldn’t put a price on the life it gave me back! I understand that leaving a job is not always simple and I was in a position to be able to take that pay cut, but I hope that things work out for you @April89 ☺ I now don’t have any “career goals” other than paying my bills/having a bit of disposable income and it feels so freeing.

I’d also like to say thank you for the advice I had around a month ago. I’ve taken a long break from social media as a result, reached out to some people and it’s made the world of difference to my mental health - to the point where I’m hoping I can now contribute positively to this thread and help others. Thank you 🥰
Thats fantastic.
So glad you are feeling better and things are working out.

XxX

That's really good to hear! I need to remember I have options. Sat in break room before my shift thinking seriously about my next steps.

I agree - I've had lovely replies and great advice!

Reactions: 2
I don't know if it helps, but there is a wonderful woman, Flylady, who helps you set goals to achieve breaking the ' can't have anyone over syndrome " or 'chaos' of a messy house. She employs baby's steps. Little helps - ie: take a trash bag and go to your worst room, throw out 27 pieces of junk. Or set a 15 minute timer and work on your messiest room. She starts by having us shining our sink. Even if things are cluttered around your sink, empty the sink and clean it. you feel better. I'm at the place where my home is ready for company in under 15 minutes. And it's all thanks to her. she has a website, and it used to be all free features, but some features now like a chat room are behind a subscription service, but enough is still available free. Flylady.net. if her methods can get my home presentable, it will help you. And the biggest thing you start changing - your attitude. A messy house does not make you a bad person. And we feel that way when we have a messy home, clutter is a 4 letter word. But she says start to Fly - F inally L ove Y ourself, by giving yourself a more tidy environment.

I had enough things harder to change, than keeping a neat home. Ok, it's not 'neat' but give me 15 minutes, and I'm ready for company. Clean a room for 15 minutes, give yourself an hour break, (ok, that's me, not Flylady but it helps ME. ANd flylady helps us find things that work for us. She also has books, podcasts. I have enough to kick myself around for, a messy (and I mean horribly bad) house is no longer one of them. you are so much more, than a clean or messy home. And if you want tidy, it's very attainable. ❤ 🌷

• Heart
I don't know if it helps, but there is a wonderful woman, Flylady, who helps you set goals to achieve breaking the ' can't have anyone over syndrome " or 'chaos' of a messy house. She employs baby's steps. Little helps - ie: take a trash bag and go to your worst room, throw out 27 pieces of junk. Or set a 15 minute timer and work on your messiest room. She starts by having us shining our sink. Even if things are cluttered around your sink, empty the sink and clean it. you feel better. I'm at the place where my home is ready for company in under 15 minutes. And it's all thanks to her. she has a website, and it used to be all free features, but some features now like a chat room are behind a subscription service, but enough is still available free. Flylady.net. if her methods can get my home presentable, it will help you. And the biggest thing you start changing - your attitude. A messy house does not make you a bad person. And we feel that way when we have a messy home, clutter is a 4 letter word. But she says start to Fly - F inally L ove Y ourself, by giving yourself a more tidy environment.

I had enough things harder to change, than keeping a neat home. Ok, it's not 'neat' but give me 15 minutes, and I'm ready for company. Clean a room for 15 minutes, give yourself an hour break, (ok, that's me, not Flylady but it helps ME. ANd flylady helps us find things that work for us. She also has books, podcasts. I have enough to kick myself around for, a messy (and I mean horribly bad) house is no longer one of them. you are so much more, than a clean or messy home. And if you want tidy, it's very attainable. ❤ 🌷
I used to love that site "Get dressed in the morning, right down to your shoes" Sadly it got very over the top and it was so American.. I started using a timer. I would set it for 5 mins and do what I could in one room for that time, rest a bit then set it again. it's amazing how much you do when you are on a timer

I always had a lovely home when I had a family and was working three jobs, but living on my own with all the time in the world is not good for me "ah I will do it in a while" I don't do it until the day before someone is coming to see me. 😂

• Heart
Almost 2 years of keeping distance from everybody and wearing masks etc so as not to catch corona virus -

A selfish relative turns up to see me without a mask and announces she has a cold - but its ok, I won't catch it because it's on her chest and is bronchitis.
I now have a caught that cold and hate evrything and everybody, particularly the person who gave me this miserable thing.
Thanks a bunch.
I am in such a bad mood.
I hate the world.

Cough, sneeze, sore throat, headache - you name it.
Its a bumper bundle of horribleness.
I have done a test and its isnt covid so I suppose that's something to be grateful for.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Almost 2 years of keeping distance from everybody and wearing masks etc so as not to catch corona virus -

A selfish relative turns up to see me without a mask and announces she has a cold - but its ok, I won't catch it because it's on her chest and is bronchitis.
I now have a caught that cold and hate evrything and everybody, particularly the person who gave me this miserable thing.
Thanks a bunch.
I am in such a bad mood.
I hate the world.

Cough, sneeze, sore throat, headache - you name it.
Its a bumper bundle of horribleness.
I have done a test and its isnt covid so I suppose that's something to be grateful for.
Oh no😱 The selfishness ..... Unbelievable... I hope you gave them what for. I hope you feel better very soon 🥰
It seems people have forgotten to be careful. As you say , nearly 2 years in and standards have slipped, a few weeks ago I had a procedure on my foot and got a grocery delivery... The delivery driver had no mask, i asked him to put one on and he informed me "the virus is only in the television" i was grateful to get the delivery but not keen on this guy in my house unmasked.
Then this week hubbys boss ( recently single and mingling ) announced he has covid. Hubby is not long over having a collapsed lung and another lad at work has a heavily pregnant wife, so it is a waiting game, has he spread it to them and beyond.
What will cheer you up our @Chita , draw an effigy of the infected prat and stamp on it, wipe your bum with it and burn it 😂😂😂 that is what i will be doing if hubbys boss has brought misery to our door!!
Or you could just go round and give them a good kicking😂

• Heart
Oh no😱 The selfishness ..... Unbelievable... I hope you gave them what for. I hope you feel better very soon 🥰
It seems people have forgotten to be careful. As you say , nearly 2 years in and standards have slipped, a few weeks ago I had a procedure on my foot and got a grocery delivery... The delivery driver had no mask, i asked him to put one on and he informed me "the virus is only in the television" i was grateful to get the delivery but not keen on this guy in my house unmasked.
Then this week hubbys boss ( recently single and mingling ) announced he has covid. Hubby is not long over having a collapsed lung and another lad at work has a heavily pregnant wife, so it is a waiting game, has he spread it to them and beyond.
What will cheer you up our @Chita , draw an effigy of the infected prat and stamp on it, wipe your bum with it and burn it 😂😂😂 that is what i will be doing if hubbys boss has brought misery to our door!!
Or you could just go round and give them a good kicking😂
Your suggestion made me laff!
Thankyou.

There are such selfish people about aren't there!
As long as they can do what they want, they don't think about the rest of us.

I hope you and your circle escape the covid.

Mine is just a head cold but even though not covid-serious, its horrible enough.

The world is full of selfish bar stards.

Your suggestion made me laff!
Thankyou.

There are such selfish people about aren't there!
As long as they can do what they want, they don't think about the rest of us.

I hope you and your circle escape the covid.

Mine is just a head cold but even though not covid-serious, its horrible enough.

The world is full of selfish bar stards.
Being half Irish, half scottish I can confirm the only medicine for a cold is a hot whiskey (toddy) lots of cloves in the lemon slice! My father in law goes a step further, he puts lemsip in his hot whiskey...
If you don't fancy booze, i find nurofen cold &flu are decent too.

Look, when you are feeling crappy have whatever makes you feel better. Hopefully you will be on the mend soon.

Thank you, hope we escape it too, I think hubbys boss will be busy praying that we are ok, he is afraid of me 😂😂

This is going to be a very long meta moan, but I needed somewhere to vent.

There’s a thread about popular threads (I did say this would be meta) and loads of people kept mentioning the “same sex flirting” thread. Curiosity won me over so I searched for it. First two pages were kinda what you’d expect from the title and I wasn't sure why it was being recommended as a must-read….skipped to page 10 and oh. Suspicions that a popular(?) tattler wasn’t who they said they were. Or they were posting under a different name with a different backstory. So I went back and started again and read the whole thread (and there’s a second thread!). And although no confirmation from the accused, I think it’s been agreed that the poster/s was a catfish. I’ll refer to them as X - which covers all their usernames.

And now going back a bit. I’ve been a lurker for a while and became active at the beginning of lockdown. Post a bit on the influencer etc pages but I don’t actually follow that many and none of the really big threads. Discovered the off topic threads and enjoyed posting. I’m a loner and an oversharer.

Early on I bumped into X - seemingly another newish tattler and also an oversharer. At first I found this a good thing as it didn’t make my long block of texts look so weird! And they seemed to be online a lot like me so there were a few back and forth quote replies. But then I started to notice that they posted constantly and that the posts were a bit….much? Over the top, and often quite sexual in nature. I started to feel uncomfortable and slowly retreated from the places I was active in (if they were there too, and they were everywhere). They were just super loud even via the screen.

I then started posting on a food and drink thread, which I thought was about food and drink but then found out it was a side thread to the jack monroe thread. But these people were lovely and welcoming, and I was enjoying myself. I’m a grown adult and I feel a bit embarrassed to say it, but it was a safe and happy space for me, like I had low maintenance friends to chat to.

And then one day X turns up too. As I said, these people are welcoming and X quickly became part of the furniture and then their posts became too much (for me) again. And so I stopped reading or posting.

I know I’m an absolute child but anyways.

By this point I’d manage to run out of any safe (X free) spaces I could properly chit chat, and was stuck with leaving a few sarky comments about Lily Pebbles and co.

I have held a grudge against X for probably a year, or longer. I found this person annoying, but I was more angry at myself for not being able to join in like everyone else. Even in a virtual room, I managed to find a corner and stick myself in it. Pathetic.

And then I read this same sex flirting thread and realised I let someone who doesn’t even really exist steal my joy. The thread was funny. The memes were genius. But I’m typing this now and I feel so upset.

I enjoy being alone and I find it hard to be around people in real life, but the internet gives me social interaction in a way I can manage. And for the short time I was able to talk to people about little daily things, I felt “normal”.

God only knows what X’s intentions were.
Purely perverted? Bored? Maybe lonely like me?

I don’t know how to end this post. Do I feel better after venting? I think so. Still majorly embarrassed but I’ve already closed myself off so not like I could be worse off!

• Heart

There’s a thread about popular threads (I did say this would be meta) and loads of people kept mentioning the “same sex flirting” thread. Curiosity won me over so I searched for it. First two pages were kinda what you’d expect from the title and I wasn't sure why it was being recommended as a must-read….skipped to page 10 and oh. Suspicions that a popular(?) tattler wasn’t who they said they were. Or they were posting under a different name with a different backstory. So I went back and started again and read the whole thread (and there’s a second thread!). And although no confirmation from the accused, I think it’s been agreed that the poster/s was a catfish. I’ll refer to them as X - which covers all their usernames.

And now going back a bit. I’ve been a lurker for a while and became active at the beginning of lockdown. Post a bit on the influencer etc pages but I don’t actually follow that many and none of the really big threads. Discovered the off topic threads and enjoyed posting. I’m a loner and an oversharer.

Early on I bumped into X - seemingly another newish tattler and also an oversharer. At first I found this a good thing as it didn’t make my long block of texts look so weird! And they seemed to be online a lot like me so there were a few back and forth quote replies. But then I started to notice that they posted constantly and that the posts were a bit….much? Over the top, and often quite sexual in nature. I started to feel uncomfortable and slowly retreated from the places I was active in (if they were there too, and they were everywhere). They were just super loud even via the screen.

I then started posting on a food and drink thread, which I thought was about food and drink but then found out it was a side thread to the jack monroe thread. But these people were lovely and welcoming, and I was enjoying myself. I’m a grown adult and I feel a bit embarrassed to say it, but it was a safe and happy space for me, like I had low maintenance friends to chat to.

And then one day X turns up too. As I said, these people are welcoming and X quickly became part of the furniture and then their posts became too much (for me) again. And so I stopped reading or posting.

By this point I’d manage to run out of any safe (X free) spaces I could properly chit chat, and was stuck with leaving a few sarky comments about Lily Pebbles and co.

I have held a grudge against X for probably a year, or longer. I found this person annoying, but I was more angry at myself for not being able to join in like everyone else. Even in a virtual room, I managed to find a corner and stick myself in it. Pathetic.

And then I read this same sex flirting thread and realised I let someone who doesn’t even really exist steal my joy. The thread was funny. The memes were genius. But I’m typing this now and I feel so upset.

I enjoy being alone and I find it hard to be around people in real life, but the internet gives me social interaction in a way I can manage. And for the short time I was able to talk to people about little daily things, I felt “normal”.

I don’t know how to end this post. Do I feel better after venting? I think so. Still majorly embarrassed but I’ve already closed myself off so not like I could be worse off!
Why don't you just block them? Post in your favourite threads and be oblivious to their crap. That's what I would do.

• Heart

Don't be so hard on yourself! You are clearly a lovely, trusting, open person. Don't let this bad experience with one person upset you. There are a LOT of people on Tattle (and a lot of threads) and most of us are who we say we are. Many members are lonely, seeking company, maybe looking for a laugh or chat with like minded people.
If there is something you are not comfortable with you can report the post/poster or as @Doodlebug005 says, block them.

I agree with @Miscanthus and @Doodlebug005

Put them on ignore so you won't see their posts.
And there is no private message function on Tattle so you can't be pursued by them off thread.

And if there are any particular posts of theirs which you feel are dodgy - report them and let the moderators deal with them.
Of course, if reported posts lead to them getting banned, they could return with a different username and fool you again, so it may be better to just ignore them.

Tattle is a gossip forum and a sanctuary and escape from the tit life throws at us.
So do not allow yourself to be driven away or have your fun spoiled.

The whole thing is weird. I couldn’t be bothered to get through the whole same sex thread and what I read seemed… dare I say it, normal? Maybe I had to be there or keep on reading. 😕 That stinks that you had that experience. I’m on team block.

Thanks to those who replied.

Apologies but I don’t think I made myself clear at all in all the venting.

Beyond the initial interactions I didn’t talk to this person and did my best to avoid them. I didn’t like their “vibe” and I’d just rather not be in the same space.

I don’t feel personally tricked, just angry and upset that this person took up space that I was enjoying. I really don’t know how to express how I’m feeling, but I do feel better after venting anyway.

Nothing in particular happened. But I was just a bit upset and needed a place to express that. A bit like witnessing a car crash from a distance and not being harmed in the slightest. I’m sensitive and find people difficult. I know this is a non issue for most people.

I don’t think there’s anyone to block right now but am sure they will be back under another new guise.

@Sheabutter basically the same sex flirting thread starts off normally - X wants boy/girl advice. But then there’s a bit of tattler sleuthing and maths done and they think X is also another user. And somehow the thread thinks the other/same user has been lying about who they are. Potentially an older man pretending to be a younger lesbian. And all sorts of stuff. It was entertaining but I suppose for me it was like watching a movie where you really dislike the main actors.or maybe you meant the lying online was normal? Sorry if I just recapped the story and you knew already.

Don’t mean to hijack the thread but just wanted to try clarify a few things.

(Edited to add a few things)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.