Escape into the Tea & Sympathy Support room.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Will people here be my friend. I really need a friendship group and I can’t find one online anywhere. It just feels like no one efer understands me and accepts me. Everyone always turns on me, will here be different,
I noticed you had been quite in the wags thread and I wondered if you was ok because your normally there first, I thought I might find you in here and I’m glad I did, I hope you’re ok ❤❤❤

Last edited:
I went out with my husband to a concert last night (Genesis- yeah!). First time I've been anywhere much in the past 18-months - the scariest bit for me (when suffering from anxiety) is the build-up before the big event; I go into panic mode and hyperventilate; but once I'm there and everything is okay I relax.
It's the anticipation that screws my head.
Btw, if you ever want to go to a concert at Liverpool arena - the people who work there are absolutely wonderful

Reactions: 4
I went out with my husband to a concert last night (Genesis- yeah!). First time I've been anywhere much in the past 18-months - the scariest bit for me (when suffering from anxiety) is the build-up before the big event; I go into panic mode and hyperventilate; but once I'm there and everything is okay I relax.
Btw, if you ever want to go to a concert at Liverpool arena - the people who work there are absolutely wonderful
I had tickets for Genesis in Manchester a fortnight ago, but decided not to go as I was too frightened of large crowds and having been shielding for so much of the last 18 months, didn't feel safe -it was also more than 7 months since 2 nd vaccination and still being on immunosuppressant medication, I was too wary )
last saw them in 1982 in Edinburgh and they were brilliant!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
So
I had tickets for Genesis in Manchester a fortnight ago, but decided not to go as I was too frightened of large crowds and having been shielding for so much of the last 18 months, didn't feel safe -it was also more than 7 months since 2 nd vaccination and still being on immunosuppressant medication, I was too wary )
last saw them in 1982 in Edinburgh and they were brilliant!
So sorry that you didn't get to see them this time, but your memories from Edinburgh, 1982 are priceless and forever with you x

Hope the situation changes soon, to a point where you do feel comfortable going to a big arena event - L xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
Morning all,

Had a bad morning and for the first time ever I had a genuine panic attack. Phoned my boss who is the most amazing person and she got me through it with some breathing exercises, now I'm OK just exhausted.

She recommended essential oils particularly bergamot, has anyone had any experience of using essential oils for depression and anxiety?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Morning all,

Had a bad morning and for the first time ever I had a genuine panic attack. Phoned my boss who is the most amazing person and she got me through it with some breathing exercises, now I'm OK just exhausted.

She recommended essential oils particularly bergamot, has anyone had any experience of using essential oils for depression and anxiety?
Yes, I have!

Bergamot, orange, lemon, peppermint are great oils to lift depression.

If you have high quality therapeutic oils you can put a drop of the oil on your gum and will feel an instant effect.
Or you could mix them with a carrier oil (like jojoba) and put them on your wrists to sniff. Or sniff them straight from the bottle or put a drop in the palms of your hands and cup them and inhale.

For sleep and before bed time lavender and chamomile are great, I also like rosemary.

• Heart
Morning all,

Oh bless you. A good few years ago I had panic attacks, very very scary. If i felt it coming on i would watch this youtube video.
Music annoying but it helped.

Best thing I found was breathing into a paper bag , tried to have one near to me at the time make sure nose and mouth are covered by bag , I have a sleep sounds app on my phone, it is great listen to the rain or sea or wind or crackling fire etc ..anything to get the stress levels down, yoga and meditation if they are your thing.... I found when the stress passed the panic attacks did too...

• Heart
Morning all,

I don't want to sound like a total dick but have you tried making adjustments to your diet? I know it's such an asshole suggestion but I genuinely found that reducing sugar/processed food really helped with my anxiety and depression. It's something to do with serotonin etc being made in the gut. I have a really terrible habit of eating drive thru and since reducing it I have found a big difference. I have a book about it that you can get for free online if you want a read

• Heart
Thank you all for your kindness and suggestions! The oils is definitely something I am interested in, just purchased a couple of bottles online!

Love the sleep sounds idea too, just looked it up and found a good app I can use!

Diet is a great suggestion too thank you, I do have quite a balanced diet but I'm willing to look into most things right now!

You are all so kind thank you x

• Heart
Thank you all for your kindness and suggestions! The oils is definitely something I am interested in, just purchased a couple of bottles online!

Love the sleep sounds idea too, just looked it up and found a good app I can use!

Diet is a great suggestion too thank you, I do have quite a balanced diet but I'm willing to look into most things right now!

You are all so kind thank you x
Hope you start to feel better soon. Anxiety is such a little witch honestly.

The book is called "This Is Your Brain on Food: An Indispensable Guide to the Surprising Foods that Fight Depression, Anxiety, PTSD, OCD, ADHD, and More" I can't remember where I got it but I know it was a free book like a PDF on a website but I read it on Apple Books on my laptop

Anti depressants arent always the answer.
Sometimes you just have to accept that you will have days where you feel like Eeyore from winnie the pooh.

I call them Eeyore days.
I just tell myself the Eeyore feeling will pass.
I allow myself no more than 2 days of it and then I kick my own arse and shift myself.

When eeyore is here, I do what I did yesterday and just look at stuff online.
The hours pass and eventually eeyore buggers off.

If you feel you do need to try tablets, remember, if you don't like them you just wean yourself off them after a minimum of 6 months.

I have found distracting myself from all the feelings you describe works best for me.

I took anti depressants some years ago and I also saw a psychologist for a year.
So I have tried both things.

What I have no experience with is insomnia.
Sorry I cant offer any help regarding that.
If I get the odd night when I cant sleep its usually because theres something on my mind that needs doing and once its done I can sleep again.
And until its done if I cant sleep I come downstairs and draw pictures or go on the computer for a bit.

But actual insomnia isnt something Ive had.
Sorry - but im sure there will be others who can help.

The main thing is that the bad feelings will pass.

When I was at school I had a crush on Roger Taylor from Queen. I read in a music paper that his favourite book was a sci fi novel called Dune.
So I got the book and read it.
It was fabulous.
In the Dune universe is a Sisterhood of women with special powers.
And throughout the book and the follow on novels in the series, the characters quote what they call the litany.
I have always found it to be useful to learn and repeat as a mantra.
In my head, I replace the word "fear" with "depression" but either works.View attachment 680364
Here it is -
Thank you so much @Chita for setting up this wonderful thread it's much appreciated.
I saw your quotation of Dune by Frank Herbert and it spoke to me. You see I have been recently feeling like all my fears were bubbling up in me (a good thing) because they want to be released?
Something (an inner voice) is urging me to let go and trust in life (despite my uncertainty).
Also I am a big reader and like to browse Amazon's book section and I have felt a very strong urge recently (my inner voice keeps on insisting on this). to buy the book Dune and to watch the film!
So when I saw your post I really felt as if I also was meant to receive the books message and take it with me and learn from it.
So thank you 💓 so much for sharing that we never know how our posts come across but maybe sometimes they are just waiting there patiently for someone to tap into them and feel their meaning?.
I hope so anyway?.

• Heart
That quote from Dune stood out - I was a schoolkid when I read it but it stayed with me all these years.
I love the first 3 in the series of books but I got a bit bored with the next ones and I gave up on them and just kept reading the first three over and over.
They were paperbacks and fell to bits after a while so I bought them again!

Ive got my imax ticket already for this new movie of it.
And after these very long 19months of covid restrictions and isolation/loneliness it is wonderful to have something to look forward to!

And regarding essential oils - absolutely do use them. They work.

Lavender is wonderful to calm and relax you.
It is also anti inflammatory so its good to sniff from a hanky if you have a bunged up nose cold.
Aids sleep too.

Sandalwood oil is expensive but it is very good for calming nerves etc.

• Heart
That's good to know I'm due to see a-ha there next year and I've never been.

I saw a post on twitter about this statue.

If ever there was a piece of art that spoke volumes, this has to be it.
Its in Geneva and is called "melancholie" or emptiness.

The sculptor is Albert Gyorgy.
Doesnt it just depict exactly how depression feels?
melancholie by albery gyorgy_1.png

• Heart
Reactions: 5
That's good to know I'm due to see a-ha there next year and I've never been.
Morton Harket, think he's the most beautiful man I've ever seen (current company accepted and loved beyond compare) - he should be cast in marble, the cheekbones alone!
My younger son told me off the other night, because (during a call) Chris Hemsworth was on an advert and I was taken by his beauty; I told my son that admiring things is not the same as wearing them - I love shoes (Pisces), but I know that I wouldn't be able to walk in them

I was so messed-up a few years ago that my husband (psychiatric nurse) considered sectioning me. He just told me that - I never realised that at the time.
I feel like a fraud because I'm on the other side now - is that possible?

Yes it is, with help and support - you have people here who care and understand x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Life is a witch sometimes - just believe in yourself. Lxx

I just don't want anyone to have a life without love

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Feeling at a bit of a dead end today.

Had to clean the house, as it had got into a total mess. I was sat on the kitchen floor thinking about where to turn.

Constant mess. Hate my job. One of my closest friends is being strange with me, don't know how to handle it. Bank account hits disaster level every month. Bored. No energy. No idea what I even want to do, or how.

One of those days I suppose

• Heart

Had to clean the house, as it had got into a total mess. I was sat on the kitchen floor thinking about where to turn.

Constant mess. Hate my job. One of my closest friends is being strange with me, don't know how to handle it. Bank account hits disaster level every month. Bored. No energy. No idea what I even want to do, or how.

Do you have anyone you can talk to, your family or another friend?
In the meantime, baby-steps regarding the 'mess' in your house; your priority right now is you - take a shower, listen to your favourite music, watch a film that you love. Take care honey xxx

And I know that it isn't always quite as simple as it sounds x

Just wondering which ambitions any of us had in life? I wanted to be a vet (rural - cows, sheep etc.), but I was rubbish at Chemistry; my Dad (despite his expertise) didn't leave that particular legacy with me!

Last edited:
  • Heart

Cleaning house can seem like a huge mountain to climb when you feel like you do.
But, once its done and everywhere is tidy and smelling clean and fresh it does lift the spirits.
It's just fighting that unable-to-shift-yourself-and-do-something feeling that is SO hard isn't it?
Hope you got it all done and then sank into clean smelling bed linen and drifted off to sleep.
Hope you feel better today and are ready to think about changing jobs.
There's more than one way to make a living and you do not have to stick at a job you hate.

Take a deep breath and make a list of what you'd like to do and then look around for vacancies in those sectors.

You can do it.
XxX

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.