Escape into the Tea & Sympathy Support room.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mini rant incoming.

Kept waking up in the night.
Dreams that made no sense.
Woke up - needed a wee.
Slept a bit.
Woke up - mouth dry and wanted a drink of water.
Rinse, repeat.
Music soothes me so I put the radio on low and it was the bloody Bee Gees squawking in that unholy high pitched stupid falsetto that somebody told them sounded good.
What a f***ing row.
Grates on the nerves and puts the teeth on edge.
And the only one of 'em still living is a big headed git and makes me angry.

Aaaaaarrrrgggghhhh!

Thankfully once the shrill banshee noise had finished, the station played some soft music that sent me off to sleep.

Bloody bee gees. Bloody falsetto. Both shyte.
I've become incredibly restless at night. To the point that hubby sometimes takes refuge in the spare room.
I seem to have a thing about pillows and keep waking up to find them on the other side of the bedroom. Which means I must sit up to throw them at least 15 feet across the room. One night I (allegedly)actually dragged them out from under hubby's head and launched them across the bedroom while he lay watching in disgust. You can see why he buggers off for some peace.:ROFLMAO:
Then about 4 mornings ago we woke up to bare pillows. No pillowcases :unsure: Apparently I got up about 4am, debagged all 4 pillows and got back in bed and straight to sleep again. I had a brief flashback of myself struggling with a pillow, but nothing else.
The thing is, with kids in the house I don't need to be doing batshit crazy stuff, so it's a bit concerning. But there's 'stuff' going on in work at the moment and I think when it blows over my mind will settle and the pillows will be safe once again.
But why is it all pillow focused? That's the puzzler. I've not changed to different pillows or anything to trigger it.
Oh well, first world problems eh? #freefredaspillows
Hope everyone is coping with their real problems.😘

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@freda19 Your mind chimp doesnt like the pillow cases. It is telling you to buy new ones.

At least you didn't hear the bloody Bee Gees squawking in your ears at 4am. Bastards.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I've not been in here in awhile but I need to have a bit of a moan. Hope that's ok.
My stress levels are rising. I'm worried about one of my cats. He came home with on paw turned under making it look like it's broken. It isn't broken, he has no problem with us touching and manipulating the paw but he can't put it flat on the ground. He's moving on three paws and doing ok. He also looks really healthy. He isn't hiding away, he's got a very healthy appetite and his eyes and coat are fine. It's just the paw. So we have to get him to the vet. Which means hubby has to get him to the vet because I'm agrophobic, sigh. Luckily we qualify for the PDSA so will be contacting them today.
The other issue is that I have to give evidence against somebody at some point this year. I'm not allowed to talk about it which makes it harder. It's preying on my mind and I can't wait for it to be over and done with.
Okay, moan over. Feel free to ignore.
I think you need this

Firstly, don't dare hide away .. you know what i mean😉
Nextly ( is that a word 😂) I hope your pusscat is ok...we have a Tom who was almost permanently on 3 paws...he had a nemesis and the bites to his paw used to get infected 🤮....it could be a bite that is ailing him, I hope you get answers soon....oh the nemesis got squashed on the road a few weeks ago, sorry for my neighbour, relieved for my baba
Now what was the other thing.... Oh yes...the court case... I had a 6 yr battle with employers...it is wearing, scary and upsetting.... Tell your truth ( soz i dont mean to be all smeggy 😂) stick to the details exactly as you know them. Be prepared for trickery and repeat your statements clearly.... It will be over soon 🙏.... We are here for you and sure you know we adore you. Lean on us....and show up soon 🥰

• Heart
I've become incredibly restless at night. To the point that hubby sometimes takes refuge in the spare room.
I seem to have a thing about pillows and keep waking up to find them on the other side of the bedroom. Which means I must sit up to throw them at least 15 feet across the room. One night I (allegedly)actually dragged them out from under hubby's head and launched them across the bedroom while he lay watching in disgust. You can see why he buggers off for some peace.:ROFLMAO:
Then about 4 mornings ago we woke up to bare pillows. No pillowcases :unsure: Apparently I got up about 4am, debagged all 4 pillows and got back in bed and straight to sleep again. I had a brief flashback of myself struggling with a pillow, but nothing else.
The thing is, with kids in the house I don't need to be doing batshit crazy stuff, so it's a bit concerning. But there's 'stuff' going on in work at the moment and I think when it blows over my mind will settle and the pillows will be safe once again.
But why is it all pillow focused? That's the puzzler. I've not changed to different pillows or anything to trigger it.
Oh well, first world problems eh? #freefredaspillows
Hope everyone is coping with their real problems.😘
I hit my husband last night, coming out of a dream/nightmare - feel ashamed, he's okay and forgives me. But that was really scary, when the bad dreams became a reality

I love my husband, he's my soulmate - we met through chance (serendipity) x

I think you need this

Firstly, don't dare hide away .. you know what i mean😉
Nextly ( is that a word 😂) I hope your pusscat is ok...we have a Tom who was almost permanently on 3 paws...he had a nemesis and the bites to his paw used to get infected 🤮....it could be a bite that is ailing him, I hope you get answers soon....oh the nemesis got squashed on the road a few weeks ago, sorry for my neighbour, relieved for my baba
Now what was the other thing.... Oh yes...the court case... I had a 6 yr battle with employers...it is wearing, scary and upsetting.... Tell your truth ( soz i dont mean to be all smeggy 😂) stick to the details exactly as you know them. Be prepared for trickery and repeat your statements clearly.... It will be over soon 🙏.... We are here for you and sure you know we adore you. Lean on us....and show up soon 🥰
Absolutely, we are strong here - come and join us; friends xx

Right you can't change your past, just embrace the things you gained from it; I learned that my Mum is an incredible woman who lost her husband (my Dad) when she just 29-years old.
I'm mine Mum's and Dad's only child, we have four children.
My Dad was diabetic, type 1 - kidney failure, he died during the transplant

Oh, that was when I was 9-years old - they never did counselling in those days

Last edited:
  • Heart
I want to thank everyone who commented on my post. I can feel the love and return it to you all three fold.
I should have responded earlier and I've been busy posting in 'the other thread' but I just couldn't post in this one. My mood had lifted and I didn't even want to think about what I'd written in this thread. So I avoided it. I think avoidence must be one of my coping strategies. Does anyone else have that? It's not good to avoid in my experience but I fall into it everytime. I'm either feeling stronger now or the guilt has got to me :LOL: Bit of both I suspect. So love to all of you and thank you for the very helpful and comforting replies. They made a difference and so do all of you. 🥰❤

• Heart
Glad your mood is lifted @Cassandra333
We are weebles who wobble but we don't fall down.

Remember a while back that I said there were people I know really struggling with their mental health - well one of them's husband has taken his own life.
And my loved one who has been feeling very low is now saying they understand why he did and that he is now free from the pain of living.
So I have that going on in the background and I may not be around as much to check in on any unanswered posts. Or I may come in to distract myself from all of that and just have a laugh.

Also just taken a kicking to my ego/self-confidence.
Some of you may know I create cartoons and after my actual career/industry has been decimated by Boris's covid shutdowns etc and ive been unable to work for 18 months, I tried to create another income stream by having cute greetings cards printed from my drawings to sell at artisan/craft fairs until I can get back to my "proper" job.

Well, a new local events company was all over facebook asking for people to apply for stalls at events they will be holding.
And they emailed me today saying they have set the bar high blah blah and that I have been unsuccessful.
So its a kinda polite way of telling me my work isnt of a high enough standard.

So I feel sorry for myself and need to deal with that knock.
Ok I'm a doodler not a fine artist, but I still have feelings and they coulda just said sorry there are no stalls left.
Bastards.

I'll be ok, but I just want those who come in here for a chat to know that if you do post and I don't reply it's because i'm not in here checking for new posts as often at the moment.

Stay strong people, have faith in yourself and don't let the bastards get you down.

Pass the chocolate.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Remember a while back that I said there were people I know really struggling with their mental health - well one of them's husband has taken his own life.
And my loved one who has been feeling very low is now saying they understand why he did and that he is now free from the pain of living.
So I have that going on in the background and I may not be around as much to check in on any unanswered posts. Or I may come in to distract myself from all of that and just have a laugh.

Some of you may know I create cartoons and after my actual career/industry has been decimated by Boris's covid shutdowns etc and ive been unable to work for 18 months, I tried to create another income stream by having cute greetings cards printed from my drawings to sell at artisan/craft fairs until I can get back to my "proper" job.

Well, a new local events company was all over facebook asking for people to apply for stalls at events they will be holding.
And they emailed me today saying they have set the bar high blah blah and that I have been unsuccessful.

Ok I'm a doodler not a fine artist, but I still have feelings and they coulda just said sorry there are no stalls left.
Bastards.

I'll be ok, but I just want those who come in here for a chat to know that if you do post and I don't reply it's because i'm not in here checking for new posts as often at the moment.

Stay strong people, have faith in yourself and don't let the bastards get you down.

Pass the chocolate.
Stay strong @Chita I'm so sorry to hear about your friends husband.
Also totally ignore the events company. They probably have all their friends lining up for stalls and asking for people to apply was just a form of advertising the event. I wouldn't take any notice of them. You're great at cartoons. Don't give up!
Sending love and hugs to you and all who need them.

• Heart

Bastards.

Pass the chocolate.
F*ck them @Chita have they no people skills? Probably no Monets themselves.... You are far too busy and important to be wasting your time on their poxy stalls anyway😉... Sorry to hear about your friends loss, oh life is hard at times ❤
Delighted to see our lovely @Cassandra333 is about,.... Avoidance, denial or escapism call it what you like ... To get on we must sometime put things aside or behind us ... It is a coping mechanism.....
So to those who upset, torment or belittle us..

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Aside from extremely expensive mobile data I can't really afford to be paying extra for, I've had no internet for eleven days because some piece of tit excuse for a human broken into one of the neighbourhood boxes and stole the cable. I had no idea this was a thing but apparently it happens a lot that scumbag thieves steal broadband cable to strip the copper from it and sell it on.

To say the last nearly two weeks have been stressful is an understatement, and we still aren't back on completely yet. No Netflix/Disney Plus/Amazon Prime/Spotify/Youtube...it's been absolutely awful, given that I'm mostly housebound.

Then there is the food and fuel shortages due to selfish panic buying morons who never learn, Extinction Rebellion and Insulate Britain making a hard life even worse for everyone, and I am having a very hard time convincng myself not to despise humanity just now. I didn't even get to enjoy my birthday the week before last, totally ruined by all going on.

I am exhausted.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6

Bastards.

Pass the chocolate.
So sorry to hear this @Chita. Your post and the one from @Cassandra333 were great reminders that we all have stuff going on in our lives, whether we choose to share it, over share it or don't share it at all.

Aside from extremely expensive mobile data I can't really afford to be paying extra for, I've had no internet for eleven days because some piece of tit excuse for a human broken into one of the neighbourhood boxes and stole the cable. I had no idea this was a thing but apparently it happens a lot that scumbag thieves steal broadband cable to strip the copper from it and sell it on.

To say the last nearly two weeks have been stressful is an understatement, and we still aren't back on completely yet. No Netflix/Disney Plus/Amazon Prime/Spotify/Youtube...it's been absolutely awful, given that I'm mostly housebound.

Then there is the food and fuel shortages due to selfish panic buying morons who never learn, Extinction Rebellion and Insulate Britain making a hard life even worse for everyone, and I am having a very hard time convincng myself not to despise humanity just now. I didn't even get to enjoy my birthday the week before last, totally ruined by all going on.

I am exhausted.
Belated happy birthday 💕.
I feel for you... I can't believe people at times. Their behaviour is so selfish. Hope you get back on line soon.

• Heart

Bastards.

Pass the chocolate.
I would buy your drawings Chita. They are brilliant. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
F*ck them @Chita have they no people skills? Probably no Monets themselves.... You are far too busy and important to be wasting your time on their poxy stalls anyway😉... Sorry to hear about your friends loss, oh life is hard at times ❤
Delighted to see our lovely @Cassandra333 is about,.... Avoidance, denial or escapism call it what you like ... To get on we must sometime put things aside or behind us ... It is a coping mechanism.....
So to those who upset, torment or belittle us..
This is the message I got - I am outraged. Outraged, I tell you.....

"We have had an amazing response as well as extremely high standard with applications. As you know, the markets have been targeting Artists who have been honing their craft via qualifications and who are seeking to find their career in the arts world.
Therefore, the bar has been set quite high.
I am sorry to say that on this occasion whilst your work is fun and getting a good response on Facebook it’s not quite suited to this market. Please don’t be disheartened as you clearly enjoy your work and creating.
Wishing you all the very best"

Ouch.
Wouldn't be so had had this person not said the week before that they will be happy to have me join them.
And I totally get it that they want to showcase career artist's work. It was the "Therefore the bar has been set quite high" comment that stung. Ok ok Im an amateur, I get it, but no need to actually say it.
Coulda just said all the stalls have been allocated to people whose actual career is their art.

Anyway. I've taken it on the chin. I have no delusions but what a choice of words!
I think it a bit patronising TBH but as you say @Doodlebug005 - f*ck 'em.

There are plenty of other places that love my cards.

And there's more important stuff happening that needs dealing with.

WTF is happening with petrol for example? Why are people panic buying it? I seem to have missed something here.

I am exhausted.

So sorry about all that bad stuff and its crap that your Birthday was spoiled.
Happy Belated Birthday
Hope things are picking up for you now.
xxx

cake 1.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
This is the message I got - I am outraged. Outraged, I tell you.....

"We have had an amazing response as well as extremely high standard with applications. As you know, the markets have been targeting Artists who have been honing their craft via qualifications and who are seeking to find their career in the arts world.
Therefore, the bar has been set quite high.
I am sorry to say that on this occasion whilst your work is fun and getting a good response on Facebook it’s not quite suited to this market. Please don’t be disheartened as you clearly enjoy your work and creating.
Wishing you all the very best"

Ouch.
Wouldn't be so had had this person not said the week before that they will be happy to have me join them.
And I totally get it that they want to showcase career artist's work. It was the "Therefore the bar has been set quite high" comment that stung.

Anyway. I've taken it on the chin. I have no delusions but what a choice of words!
I think it a bit patronising TBH but as you say @Doodlebug005 - f*ck 'em.

There are plenty of other places that love my cards.
A bit patronising? Hun, that's totally patronising. And yet also shows what idiots they are. Look at the statement 'honing their craft via qualifications'. Unbelievably stupid. As though a qualification makes you a better artist. It doesn't. It just means you completed a course.
I once went to an art exhibition where one of the pieces was a 6ft by 6ft square knitted in black mohair. That was it. I got talking to the 'artist' because I thought that it must be quite difficult to knit something to that size. She told me that she'd sent it to a mill to have it made up there. In what way is this art? She didn't do anything. But these are the people who get stalls and exhibitions etc because they basically bullshit their way in.
And when all said and done, do you really want to be part of that?
Stay strong. You're incredibly talented and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

• Heart
A bit patronising? Hun, that's totally patronising. And yet also shows what idiots they are. Look at the statement 'honing their craft via qualifications'. Unbelievably stupid. As though a qualification makes you a better artist. It doesn't. It just means you completed a course.
I once went to an art exhibition where one of the pieces was a 6ft by 6ft square knitted in black mohair. That was it. I got talking to the 'artist' because I thought that it must be quite difficult to knit something to that size. She told me that she'd sent it to a mill to have it made up there. In what way is this art? She didn't do anything. But these are the people who get stalls and exhibitions etc because they basically bullshit their way in.
And when all said and done, do you really want to be part of that?
Stay strong. You're incredibly talented and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Bless you, darling.

This is just an Arts & Crafts Fayre in a Village Hall. Ok it's a posh village with lots of huge houses in it but it's really nothing that special. Just a way to sell a few cards to help pay the bills.

They didn't ask what qualifications I have, so that comment is nonsense anyway.
I did reply to the person. I debated whether or not to just ignore, but I felt it warranted an acknowledgment.

I wrote,
"...................
Last week you said. "I am happy to have you join us," therefore I had assumed you had accepted me, so your message today saying my work isn't up to your standard and unsuitable for your events was quite an unpleasant surprise.
However, I will take it on the chin and wish you all the best with the events.
Best Wishes."

Of course, I will be making an effigy and sticking pins in it and nailing a dead crow to their door.

[That is a joke, by the way. F*ck 'em]

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Bless you, darling.

This is just an Arts & Crafts Fayre in a Village Hall. Ok it's a posh village with lots of huge houses in it but it's really nothing that special. Just a way to sell a few cards to help pay the bills.

They didn't ask what qualifications I have, so that comment is nonsense anyway.
I did reply to the person. I debated whether or not to just ignore, but I felt it warranted an acknowledgment.

I wrote,
"...................
Last week you said. "I am happy to have you join us," therefore I had assumed you had accepted me, so your message today saying my work isn't up to your standard and unsuitable for your events was quite an unpleasant surprise.
However, I will take it on the chin and wish you all the best with the events.
Best Wishes."

Of course, I will be making an effigy and sticking pins in it and nailing a dead crow to their door.

[That is a joke, by the way. F*ck 'em]
You are too good for them @Chita 💕

• Heart
Anyone seen @freda19 ?

I was offline yesterday because of other stuff that's going on, but I was still wide awake at 4am so I caught up with the Harry & Meghan threads - but I didn't see any freda posts.
Hope she's ok.

Also wondering how @rainbowlemon is getting on.

Sending big hugs to anyone who needs it.

xxxx

Anyone seen @freda19 ?

I was offline yesterday because of other stuff that's going on, but I was still wide awake at 4am so I caught up with the Harry & Meghan threads - but I didn't see any freda posts.
Hope she's ok.

Also wondering how @rainbowlemon is getting on.

Sending big hugs to anyone who needs it.

xxxx
Hi honey. The Fair people are pretentious cunts. The cost of the stall will likely be ridiculous anyway. Sorry about your friend:cry:

Me. I'm logging in but can't summon up the desire to post. Not sure what is going on with me, but I daresay I'll get my mojo back at some point.
Happy birthday damita and bless you all. Life is tit at the moment innit:cry:

• Heart
Hi honey. The Fair people are pretentious cunts. The cost of the stall will likely be ridiculous anyway. Sorry about your friend:cry:

Me. I'm logging in but can't summon up the desire to post. Not sure what is going on with me, but I daresay I'll get my mojo back at some point.
Happy birthday damita and bless you all. Life is tit at the moment innit:cry:

aaaaaahh here you are. Glad you ok, well ok-ish.

Yes it is very tit.

Im doing my best to jolly people close to me along but life keeps sending curve balls.
Give me something to help lift them up and give them hope.
Garages being out of fuel is now sending one of my loved ones even further down the deep, dark well.
And NHS and delayed treatment/cancelled appointments etc are sending two more over the edge.
The bereaved friend has managed to get some counselling for her son who is showing his anger at his dad's death by punching her.
And she is going to have some herself asap.

Come on Universe, give us all a f*ckin' break.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Well, this is just the thread for me! I haven't read it all yet, but I will.

Honestly, I know my worry is minor, I have a smear test booked next week, last time I went they did weight and blood pressure as well, my BP is always slightly high in the surgery, which they usually put down to anxiety (i put on a brave face but i am tit scared of anything health related). I'm worried that they're going to put me on BP medication. I'm trying to lose weight and have lost about 10 pounds since my health check at the surgery just before covid, so not all bad. I'm just such a worrier and I wish i wasn't.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.