Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chita

VIP Member
Do you want a place to post about things that drive you mad?
Let off steam?
Or to share things that have made you laugh?
Are you sick of Meghan and Harry?
Fed up of your country's Government or President?
Have you had enough of covid restrictions and their effect on your life?
Are you struggling with your mental health and need support to help you through?
Do you want to distract yourself by gossiping with like-minded people about no particular subject?
Do you want to laugh or cry?
Do you want to spill the tea about anything you like?

Then come right in - this thread is intended for exactly that.
We can talk about nice things, bad things - any damn thing.

Remember .... Talking is therapy.

• Heart
Reactions: 73

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
I do get called a "Boomer" by my youngest because of it - but funny animal clips have got me through many a dark night...lol! Rabbits eating strawberries are my favourite - zombie bunnies!
Keep talking @MaineCoonMama <3
(Judging by your name, you keep Maine Coons? - have you got any photos?)

Thanks @Doodlebug005 🥰

Well, we haven't got a pool, but I could elbow her into a lukewarm bath! 🙃
D224764E-86F1-4FC2-BC1B-BBD9696D0602.jpeg
1587DE89-35E4-4840-B644-C718478BFC9B.jpeg
DF116DEE-47B0-4F4B-89FB-3B722CA8F5C6.jpeg

There you go guys, top to bottom
Pooh-Bear
Susan
Thor

They are very cuddly and honestly great company. I'd be lost without them, especially Pooh.

• Heart
Reactions: 61

spangly

VIP Member
Morning everyone :) Great idea for a new thread Chita @Chita.

I'm getting myself a bit worked up this week, as after looking after my Mum for 6 months since my Dad died in January (she has very severe mental health problems and has undergone ECT during this period and threatened suicide nearly every day!) I've finally had to relinquish her care to a 24 hour carer at home. They are due to start mid week but we haven't even been introduced to them yet. I've got all sorts of worries going through my mind from trying to keep her Covid safe to will the carer simply 'Be kind'? I've been trying to keep my business afloat at the same time but it has had to take a back seat in the last few weeks - it will be strange having the time to get back on with life again.

The H&M thread was the only bit of light relief I had - so thanks you lovely lot 😍 I promise to try and not make it all about Me..me..me!

I bring victoria sponge and decaf tea (sorry - caffeine give me the jitters!) 🍰🍰🍰

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Chita

VIP Member
I remember when covid lockdown first happened and people were concerned the Health services might be overwhelmed by patients needing ventilators etc
I said from day one that it was people's mental health they would be overwhelmed by.

Trouble is, many tend to suffer in silence because they either don't know how to help themselves or how to get help
Or
They don't want to talk about it because they think people don't want to be bothered by them or they dont want to admit they are struggling.

And for people who have never suffered before it can be scary.
Also some people refuse to try anti-depressants or therapy and that makes their struggle harder and puts pressure on their loved ones watching them suffer.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
I've always struggled with mental health, now I'm older it's my physical health that's the issue...which causes more mental health issues! I've been sick for about 6 years so my husband and friends are probably tired of hearing about it now, I usually keep it quiet and self-medicate with my lovely cats and their cuddles. My husband sends me cute YouTube clips of animals when he senses I'm not doing well but nothing beats a good chat when you're down!

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Thanks for starting this. I’m mostly OK with my mental health and probably won’t post much, although I may need the odd rant about my lovely, kind but bloody infuriating husband 🤪. But I’m here to listen and offer support

• Heart
Reactions: 31

peachhes

VIP Member
Hope this is allowed on this thread, it’s very personal but I thought it’d be nice to get some thoughts/advice anonymously 😊

Basically I think I’ve got depression. I’ve felt it for a while, like there’s something just not quite right in my head. I have off days so does everyone but for me, it’s more than that. The tiniest thing is enormous to me. I cry because there’s plates that need cleaning, my brain can’t cope with more than one thing, even something like booking a dentist appointment along side booking a doctor app, it’s too much for me to handle mentally. I feel like a failure, a failure in life and to my family, every day just feels like a massive struggle to me and I very much have a ‘what’s the point’ mindset. My mood swings are horrific too. That’s just a small part of what I feel. It’s not every day, some days I’m really happy, but most days I’m not. I reached out to a doctor last week for the first time and it took a lot. I haven’t yet plucked up the courage to call the phone numbers they gave me (Mind etc)

sorry it’s a bit of a ramble and possibly a bit off topic 🤣 but it’s nice to get some things off my chest as I haven’t got many close girl friends x

• Heart
Reactions: 30

ProfessorColdheart

Great idea to start a thread, I've been lurking on H&M and several people I think of often on there.

I'm having a real Monday grump today. Was low over the weekend and called a couple of people to chat but left me feeling more lonely really as each person just talked about themselves and hardly even asked about me. There's a lot of talk in the UK about encouraging people to talk about how they feel/mental health but noone is educating people on how to listen. i.e. don't just say "oh I know, I'm the same. Anyway, listen to this story about me. . "

• Heart
Reactions: 29

kittenattack

VIP Member
Great idea to start a thread, I've been lurking on H&M and several people I think of often on there.

I'm having a real Monday grump today. Was low over the weekend and called a couple of people to chat but left me feeling more lonely really as each person just talked about themselves and hardly even asked about me. There's a lot of talk in the UK about encouraging people to talk about how they feel/mental health but noone is educating people on how to listen. i.e. don't just say "oh I know, I'm the same. Anyway, listen to this story about me. . "
It also doesn't take into consideration the people who have no one to talk to. They assume everyone has friends and family.

I was diagnosed with aspergers at 45 and adhd at age 50 following a mental breakdown and depression. I had to give up nursing. The menopause has made my anxiety even worse. I have two young adult sons with SN who I have to try and guide through life and I worry about their futures. I have a lovely husband who is retired.

I love my three cats who are my fur family 💚

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Cáca_Milis

VIP Member
Parkin' my lardy arse here! Thanks m'dear @Chita for the thread.

I've been on anti depressants for about 4 years now. Some days are good some days are bad. I've a brilliant husband and beautiful children and a roof over our heads. So I've so much to be greatful for. Depression is such a kick in the GEE and can just suck the joy out of anything.

On a lighter note.. We've have a FABALAS heatwave here in Ireland for the last week.... Today we're back to the grey, sunless skies and average temp.... BRING BACK THE HEAT AND SUN!! 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 27

HairyWeeTerrier

VIP Member
Well I have been on anti-depressants for 45 years. By the sound of it, I am not alone. Some of you will have had “Oh go buy yourself a new dress, that will make you feel better “ when the last thing you want to do is get out of bed never mind dress up and go out somewhere. But cannot imagine there will be that sort of advice on here. 😂 perhaps it is because of our problems that we care about what antics the gruesome twosome get up to and feel sympathy for the RF. No matter their privilege, money, palaces, to be kicked in the teeth by an offspring who has received so much support and protection must hurt. Hope those of you who are suffering will find solace on this thread. I am fine just now, meds still working. 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Chita

VIP Member
Yesterday I spent the whole day on my phone toggling between Tattle, google, twitter and facebook.
Hours and hours.
I have stuff to do but I just could not be arsed to do anything.
I wasnt feeling low particularly, I just couldn't raise any energy to shift myself.
So I was an idle bastard.

Im trying to rouse myself not to repeat that.
I have to go food shopping and im trying to motivate myself.

Have I still got to wear a mask? If so. I'll have to put make up on now my fizzog wont be hidden under cloth for the first time since last March.

Will the shelves be empty because all the truck drivers and shelf stackers are off work because the stupid App has pinged them and they are at home even though they are not ill?

It drives me nuts.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Chita

VIP Member
Morning everyone :) Great idea for a new thread Chita @Chita.

I'm getting myself a bit worked up this week, as after looking after my Mum for 6 months since my Dad died in January (she has very severe mental health problems and has undergone ECT during this period and threatened suicide nearly every day!) I've finally had to relinquish her care to a 24 hour carer at home. They are due to start mid week but we haven't even been introduced to them yet. I've got all sorts of worries going through my mind from trying to keep her Covid safe to will the carer simply 'Be kind'? I've been trying to keep my business afloat at the same time but it has had to take a back seat in the last few weeks - it will be strange having the time to get back on with life again.

The H&M thread was the only bit of light relief I had - so thanks you lovely lot 😍 I promise to try and not make it all about Me..me..me!

I bring victoria sponge and decaf tea (sorry - caffeine give me the jitters!) 🍰🍰🍰
First - you have done the right thing.
Having a carer help out means you can look after you as well now.

Worst case, you don't like the carer - if that happens, you can ask for a different one. But im sure all will be fine.

Just dont treat the carer like Meghan allegedly treated her staff, okay? :ROFLMAO: 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 26

KeriRhys

VIP Member
So glad to have found this thread! Seems like a lovely place already! 👍 thanks Chita!

Like a lot of people, I've been struggling with my mental health the past few months...I'm a nurse and being on the "frontline" has been so tough at times!
I've also recently had a miscarriage and things are just feeling a bit hard just now!
Trying hard to stay positive and look forward!!
...god, sorry...that's a bit of a heavy post 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 25

HairyWeeTerrier

VIP Member
🙋‍♀️Hi, I need help. I'm not sure if I can write everything out properly as it's a public forum.

Essentially, I have a problem with a family member who is more than likely struggling with multiple undiagnosed mental illnesses.

I'm not medical, but more than likely autism (highly intelligent and educated), some kind of victim mentality - never this person's fault - but they are also superior to everyone else. They have a nasty, vindictive streak, will think nothing of taking "revenge" but also very mentally feeble, gullible and easily led by the nutters on the net (but can't see it). Maybe even some kind of psychopath?

I have been this person's victim my whole life, life at home revolved around keeping the peace with this person.

I spent some years with no contact which were happy and peaceful. Other (extended) family members admit to struggling, even over the phone. This person will call you up, then sit in silence, anything you do say will be repeated on FB but made to make them look like they are the victim (like Prince Harry but on steroids). They have no conversation besides "everyone else is stupid" no friends, no social life, nothing to chitchat about, nothing normal.

I have recently had the balls to clap back and point out this person's behaviour which did not go down well. They once again made out that it was someone else's fault.

I have no one to turn to, no way to figure out the truth. This person has a child but no one else besides me.

Do I stick around and have a fake relationship for their sake (it won't kill me to send a few messages or have awkward chats, even though that's never good enough) visits can be limited and they have never caused me physical harm, or cut all contact and live my life?

Part of me is irritated because I have suggested getting professional help, but this has been rejected (I kinda want to fix things and people all the time, probably from growing up this way). I would be more comfortable having a relationship with them if they were in therapy and helping themselves instead of listening to their bile.

Now, the question is, although it's nice to talk here, should I get some therapy for myself? Just to see how to handle the situation better (I can talk to some friends but it's very involved and I'm conscious of not boring people).

I can and will cut them out, but if they are not a psychopath, just struggling, the situation we are in would make that very heartless of me.
I was told many years ago by a clinical psychologist, that if someone brings me down, I should stay away from them. Some people thrive on being a victim, enjoy being the centre of attention. Does this person ever show an interest in your life ? Do they show concern for you ? If the tables were turned, would they listen to you? If the answer to these questions is ‘ No’, perhaps it is time to move away.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Chita

VIP Member
I was told many years ago by a clinical psychologist, that if someone brings me down, I should stay away from them. Some people thrive on being a victim, enjoy being the centre of attention. Does this person ever show an interest in your life ? Do they show concern for you ? If the tables were turned, would they listen to you? If the answer to these questions is ‘ No’, perhaps it is time to move away.
Yes and some people just want a depression buddy.
Someone to wallow with.
That must be avoided at all costs.

We must look after our own selves first - because if WE are also poorly, we can't help our struggling loved ones.

• Heart

KuntyChopsMcghee

Great thread idea. Depression has been the bane of my fucking life it usually happens in a few years cycle. I've just come out the other side of my biggest episode yet. I think what really fucks me off re Harry and Meghan's wellness/ mental health adventures is that for the last 15 years I haven't been able to access any kind of mental health treatment beyond medication. The services just aren't there. Harry and Meghan and Co make it all sound so easy and accessible but the reality for us mere mortals couldn't be any further apart.

@MaineCoonMama your cats are beautiful. If only people were as accepting and loyal as cats.

• Heart