Escape into the Tea & Sympathy Support room.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, this is just the thread for me! I haven't read it all yet, but I will.

Honestly, I know my worry is minor, I have a smear test booked next week, last time I went they did weight and blood pressure as well, my BP is always slightly high in the surgery, which they usually put down to anxiety (i put on a brave face but i am tit scared of anything health related). I'm worried that they're going to put me on BP medication. I'm trying to lose weight and have lost about 10 pounds since my health check at the surgery just before covid, so not all bad. I'm just such a worrier and I wish i wasn't.

Well losing 10 pounds is bloody amazing!
Well done.
And I don't know about you, but the nurses who check blood pressure and cholesterol levels at my surgery are never svelte themselves.

And if you keep your weight in check and keep active, maybe you won't need Blood pressure medication.

And welcome to the tea and sympathy room!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thanks, Chita. Yes, I know what you mean, I'm always relieved when the nurse isn't a skinny minny! I'm going to put my big girl pants on, then take them off for the smear test, and see what they say. If I need the medication, I need it. But I will still work to lose weight and get more active.

Love to all on here tonight. Sunday nights can be bloody horrible xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thanks, Chita. Yes, I know what you mean, I'm always relieved wh
Well, this is just the thread for me! I haven't read it all yet, but I will.

Honestly, I know my worry is minor, I have a smear test booked next week, last time I went they did weight and blood pressure as well, my BP is always slightly high in the surgery, which they usually put down to anxiety (i put on a brave face but i am tit scared of anything health related). I'm worried that they're going to put me on BP medication. I'm trying to lose weight and have lost about 10 pounds since my health check at the surgery just before covid, so not all bad. I'm just such a worrier and I wish i wasn't.
if I changed the words smear test for blood test, I could have written this exact post. My blood pressure was very high a while ago when I went for a blood test and now I just dread going into the surgery. I get very anxious at the doctors so god knows what the situation with my blood pressure. I’m currently a week into a 800 calorie a day diet having read Michael Mosley’s book to lose weight and hopefully help with my blood pressure. Thank you for posting, glad it’s not just me

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Glad it helped you
if I changed the words smear test for blood test, I could have written this exact post. My blood pressure was very high a while ago when I went for a blood test and now I just dread going into the surgery. I get very anxious at the doctors so god knows what the situation with my blood pressure. I’m currently a week into a 800 calorie a day diet having read Michael Mosley’s book to lose weight and hopefully help with my blood pressure. Thank you for posting, glad it’s not just me
I'm so glad my post helped you. I'm sure we're not alone at feeling anxious about going to the Dr, but that doesn't help with blood pressure readings! I'm impressed with your 800 calories a day, I'll have A Look at Michaels book, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't survive on so few calories. I've been so worried about this appt and another one at the dentist (I'm scared of them as well) I almost feel like i can't actually worry any more and what will be, will be tomorrow. While I'm confessing, here's another one: I'm scared of getting my eyes tested in case they tell me I've got a brain tumour/, going blind/ diabetes/glaucoma etc. Honestly. I get on my own nerves!

• Heart
Glad it helped you

I'm so glad my post helped you. I'm sure we're not alone at feeling anxious about going to the Dr, but that doesn't help with blood pressure readings! I'm impressed with your 800 calories a day, I'll have A Look at Michaels book, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't survive on so few calories. I've been so worried about this appt and another one at the dentist (I'm scared of them as well) I almost feel like i can't actually worry any more and what will be, will be tomorrow. While I'm confessing, here's another one: I'm scared of getting my eyes tested in case they tell me I've got a brain tumour/, going blind/ diabetes/glaucoma etc. Honestly. I get on my own nerves!
Lol we are the same person. I’m terrified of all appointments! I had a lot of appointments last year because of a lump on my breast, everything was fine but I honestly don’t know how I got through them all without fainting. The first thing I did when I walked into any appointment was to tell them about my anxiety and all the staff were absolutely lovely.

• Heart
The book is the Fast 800
Managed to get a set of three of his books 2nd hand.
Fast 800, Fast Diet and 8 week blood sugar diet.
I'll have a nosey at them.
Ive cut down to two sessions at the trough each day [breakfast approx 10.30 and then a dinner around 5pm/6pm] - its just the norty girl snaffling of bad things the rest of the time that I need to cut out.

But come ON folks, bloody lockdown has been enough to send us all crazy and I think it is no surprise that many of us have gained weight.
Its been AWFUL.

And it doesn't help that Cadbury's have brought out orange flavoured giant chocolate buttons and the little buggers just melt in your mouth and before the kettle has even boiled you have eaten nearly all of them.

Oh,
:whistle::unsure:🤪
it's just me is it?

• Haha
Not just you Chita, Ive put on plenty in lockdown, mad at myself because I’d lost loads before. I don’t think I’m spot on 800 everyday but I’m trying my best. Easiest way for me is having lunch and dinner and an allowance for milk for a few drinks. My meals have always been quite healthy, it’s always the evening snacks especially chocolate that have been my downfall lol. I read the book ages ago, Will have to dig it out for a bit of motivation

Hey you lovely people - just need some advice and expertise; I bought tickets for Genesis via(😂) Viagogo, never had problems with previous bookings, but this time it's a bit weird - I've been contacted by an individual third party regarding the release of the tickets?

On my Viagogo account tickets will be available on 30th September

Anyway, hope you're all doing okay xxx

Small world problems I know - but this gig is a thank-you to my wonderful husband, who's stayed with me through thick and thin; the ultimate would be U2, but that would need lottery money 😂

My husband has to put up with me being an angst-ridden witch; not pretty to be married to someone who doesn't really like herself very much

Last edited:
  • Heart
When you have everything in life, but feel that you don't deserve it

Yeah, just whinging again - get a grip to (and get over) myself.

I've not put on weight, I've lost it - hey it's not good, I don't eat when I'm stressed

I'll get over myself, Goodnight, God bless xx

20210927_060930.jpg

Mum likes to gift me flowers! - love her so much

Last edited:
  • Heart
Please cherish any moments of kindness - even it isn't from someone you know, it will be gifted from someone who cares 💖

Not just you Chita, Ive put on plenty in lockdown, mad at myself because I’d lost loads before. I don’t think I’m spot on 800 everyday but I’m trying my best. Easiest way for me is having lunch and dinner and an allowance for milk for a few drinks. My meals have always been quite healthy, it’s always the evening snacks especially chocolate that have been my downfall lol. I read the book ages ago, Will have to dig it out for a bit of motivation
Love Michael Mosely! Back on the fast 800 today! Love the yoghurt and compote for brekkie... Have a slight dairy allergy , Clare answered me on insta saying soy yoghurt was an acceptable substitute to Greek yoghurt. It is less calories than greek yoghurt so you can have a bit more! Also cheaper!

Thanks, Chita. Yes, I know what you mean, I'm always relieved when the nurse isn't a skinny minny! I'm going to put my big girl pants on, then take them off for the smear test, and see what they say. If I need the medication, I need it. But I will still work to lose weight and get more active.

Love to all on here tonight. Sunday nights can be bloody horrible xx
Happy Monday!
Last time I had a health mot I walked in and the nurse said "who's been eating all the cakes then? "
No "hello".
She was looking at my cholesterol levels.
Apart from the fact I don't eat cake I was bloody annoyed!
Well done losing 10 pounds...that's a fantastic achievement. You are taking responsibility for your own health which is great. If they mention blood pressure tabs say you would rather not and you are working to lose weight instead.
Let us know how you get on xx

Love Michael Mosely! Back on the fast 800 today! Love the yoghurt and compote for brekkie... Have a slight dairy allergy , Clare answered me on insta saying soy yoghurt was an acceptable substitute to Greek yoghurt. It is less calories than greek yoghurt so you can have a bit more! Also cheaper!
During lockdown I started doing Rick Bhuller walking workouts on you tube. Free and great!
He also does a nutrition talk where he blows all diets out of the water. Worth a listen. As you age protein is your friend. If I can find a link i will post but power keeps cutting out in high winds!

• Heart
Happy Monday!
Last time I had a health mot I walked in and the nurse said "who's been eating all the cakes then? "
No "hello".
Well done losing 10 pounds...that's a fantastic achievement. You are taking responsibility for your own health which is great. If they mention blood pressure tabs say you would rather not and you are working to lose weight instead.

During lockdown I started doing Rick Bhuller walking workouts on you tube. Free and great!
He also does a nutrition talk where he blows all diets out of the water. Worth a listen. As you age protein is your friend. If I can find a link i will post but power keeps cutting out in high winds!
Thank for that! Interesting now the weather is changing! The doggo and I have been very good we are on day 65 of reaching 12,000 steps.... 🏆. The weather has been a big help! If I was better with my evening snacking I would have better results.. must try and find that nutrition vid! Thinking about staying off alcohol completely next year too, don't drink much anyway so i think it would be easy.. But as for chocolate...oh the devils work😂

• Haha
Chocolate is our reward from the universe for being still standing after taking all the crap thrown at us.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Happy Monday!
No "hello".

How bloody rude and unprofessional of a nurse to make a comment like that! That's shocking.

I went for my appt today and ended up so anxious that I actually cried a bit, so embarrassing, but the nurse was lovely, I just felt such a twit. The smear part was fine, she said she wouldnt take my BP as I was stressed and we've agreed that I'll take some readings at home, send them into the surgery, a Dr will look at them and we will go from there. Which sounds sensible to me.

To add to my woes, half a tooth snapped off at the weekend, so I have the dentist on Wednesday, the receptionist tells me he's lovely so fingers crossed. Honestly, if I get out of the dentist without crying I will take that as a win! I am EXHAUSTED with my first world problems.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
How bloody rude and unprofessional of a nurse to make a comment like that! That's shocking.

I went for my appt today and ended up so anxious that I actually cried a bit, so embarrassing, but the nurse was lovely, I just felt such a twit. The smear part was fine, she said she wouldnt take my BP as I was stressed and we've agreed that I'll take some readings at home, send them into the surgery, a Dr will look at them and we will go from there. Which sounds sensible to me.

To add to my woes, half a tooth snapped off at the weekend, so I have the dentist on Wednesday, the receptionist tells me he's lovely so fingers crossed. Honestly, if I get out of the dentist without crying I will take that as a win! I am EXHAUSTED with my first world problems.
Oh no!
I'm pleased the smear was ok and you were looked after.
Bad luck on the tooth though.
I broke my tooth on bloody popcorn. I never eat the stuff but was hosting book club and bought it because it was on offer (we have snacks, wine, snacks, more wine).
These things are sent to try us, aren't they?

Oh no!
I'm pleased the smear was ok and you were looked after.
Bad luck on the tooth though.
I broke my tooth on bloody popcorn. I never eat the stuff but was hosting book club and bought it because it was on offer (we have snacks, wine, snacks, more wine).
These things are sent to try us, aren't they?
Bloody popcorn is the worst culprit i think! Yes, these things are sent to try us, minor as they are in the great scheme of things. My mum used to say, into every life a little rain must fall 😍

Thanks x

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.