Equestrian Influencers #25 Tina not happy with her lot & chases a Badminton House Photo

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I the only one who got a little creeped out by Tina’s story of Cam using her toe as a microphone?
IMG_7708.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Everyone’s thoughts? I think it’s everyone I *expected* it to be in all honesty
Called it! Although Laura may be reserve rather than Tom now as he has some good results this year. After Lumenham (spelt wrong I know) it was obvious that Yas and Tom where going to be on the team.

Reactions: 1
Kitty King is an obvious omission but I’m not sure how you choose between them. I think she deserved a spot but then so do the other 4 there. I Wish they would bring back the squad of 5.

Reactions: 7
How come Tina is doing global amateur tour again? Didn’t she do it last year? Does no one else in the UK apply?

How come Tina is doing global amateur tour again? Didn’t she do it last year? Does no one else in the UK apply?
Isn't it just a paid for holiday thing? I assume anyone can go if they pay to do it (or in her case get paid to advertise it)
Curious to see who will be travelling reserve, it's a very strong four. Hoping they do well

Kitty King is an obvious omission but I’m not sure how you choose between them. I think she deserved a spot but then so do the other 4 there. I Wish they would bring back the squad of 5.
Seems daft they have reduced the number of horses so more nations can compete, but I believe it puts the welfare of the horse at risk. Some will push their horse more than they should as they want that medal at all costs. At least when there was a drop score there was less pressure on an individual.

Reactions: 3
Seems daft they have reduced the number of horses so more nations can compete, but I believe it puts the welfare of the horse at risk. Some will push their horse more than they should as they want that medal at all costs. At least when there was a drop score there was less pressure on an individual.
Not having the drop score any more is really disappointing. It must be detrimental to welfare (especially at a hot olympics like Tokyo)

Reactions: 3
To be honest I never knew it was a thing until Tina said about going on it - I would love to do it but it is SO expensive! I'm sure you get what you pay for, but unfortunately massively out of my price range

Reactions: 5
Isn't it just a paid for holiday thing? I assume anyone can go if they pay to do it (or in her case get paid to advertise it)

Curious to see who will be travelling reserve, it's a very strong four. Hoping they do well
I don’t know! I thought you had to apply for it and you get selected? I never knew this was a thing so genuinely clueless

To be honest I never knew it was a thing until Tina said about going on it - I would love to do it but it is SO expensive! I'm sure you get what you pay for, but unfortunately massively out of my price range
I’d imagine it would be out of most people’s price range, but for the likes of Tina, she gets it for nothing! Sad but true.

Reactions: 2
There’s a comment on Meg’s latest video saying ‘petition for Ellie to take Jam round a Novice’ - would love to see that tbh!

There’s a comment on Meg’s latest video saying ‘petition for Ellie to take Jam round a Novice’ - would love to see that tbh!
I don't think Jam has the scope for Novice. She was near her limit at Badminton and it showed in the latter part of the course.
---
I don’t know! I thought you had to apply for it and you get selected? I never knew this was a thing so genuinely clueless
There is the real Global Amateurs Tour which is for rich enough amateur iders who compete at 1.10 to 1.30m level to ride at higher profile shows abroad in exotic locations on horses other than their own. USD $8500-$9500.... plus flights etc for 7 days... This has to be sanctioned from the country's federation and is basically a true competition.

What Tina did is basically a training camp / riding holiday with lessons run by the same company. It costs USD $5500-$6500 per person plus flights and insurance etc.

Last edited:
I think that's the exact reason she goes/is invited to them - free advertising! The vlog she did at the time was quite interesting, but very long and in several parts.

Reactions: 2
If I had that amount of money to spend on a riding holiday I think I'd go on a safari on horseback. I wouldn't be having jumping lessons with a bunch of teens.

Reactions: 10