Equestrian Influencers #25 Tina not happy with her lot & chases a Badminton House Photo

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Tina is making a huge mistake going for the 100 qualification rather than the 90 again for badders 2025. She could definitely place front of house at 90 but I seriously doubt she would place in the 100. No doubt Banksy and her will boss round the xc but the showjumping...I would be hesitant!
Why? They are both more than capable. It’s not a huge mistake at all! A very confident duo.
---
suspensory desmitis
Probably from being overweight….. I’d be interested to know what’s caused it. Miri will be thriving now she knows what’s wrong until she gets bored of that issue and try’s to find something else wrong.

Reactions: 1
PSD is often caused by poor conformation behind and is also commonly seen in dressage horses where a lot of strain is put on the hind legs.
I have many years of experience of this condition, sadly. First port of call for me with ridden issues such as unwilling to canter, swapping leads, bunny hopping, napping/reluctance to go forwards is to scan the suspensories. I scan anything I am unsure about.
Why a professional like Miri has not considered this before is quite strange. It’s almost first on my radar.

PSD is often caused by poor conformation behind and is also commonly seen in dressage horses where a lot of strain is put on the hind legs.
I have many years of experience of this condition, sadly. First port of call for me with ridden issues such as unwilling to canter, swapping leads, bunny hopping, napping/reluctance to go forwards is to scan the suspensories. I scan anything I am unsure about.
Why a professional like Miri has not considered this before is quite strange. It’s almost first on my radar.
She should have got a full vet work up like Evie has just done with Maggie. Then she will have plenty of issues to report on!

So, there is a massive scandal brewing in the Dressage world (again lol). Not sure if it is acceptable to name names as the person in question isn't an influencer as such (yet has quite a following on Insta and is sponsored so.....)

Child of mega-rich parents who bought several world class (literally) horses for her so she managed to get to the Olympics before she even got out of Young Riders. That was a dozen years ago and since then there was a change of nationalities because her former "mean federation" left her out of a team spot.

In April, she was banned from sport for 3 months for not complying with anti-doping protocols. She got a team of lawyers and appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sports, and to my amazement the appeal resulted in her ban being extended to 18 months. I was startled by that as it seems quite harsh for not reporting in properly basically (the original charge was that she failed to report her location to be available for drug testing 3 times), but now it turns out (if the story isbtrue) that the Court of Arbitration for Sports received files from allegedly 30 individuals, including from a vet or vets and (probably former?) employees.

If even a quarter of the allegations are true, not going to the Olympic should and would be the least of her worries now.

Allegations include the use of electric shock devices on horses' legs, electric collars, chains, bleeding mouths from severe bits, actual doping after drug tests, beating horses in the stable, mistreatment of employees by taking their documents and refusing to hand them out, not paying staff, verbal and psychological abuse and breaches of employment law.

Shockingly, it is also alleged that both her national federation and the FEI have been informed, the former responded saying the allegagtions were without merit and the latter didn't even bother to apply.

If you can read French (or are on a device or browser that translates it for you) here is a French article about it. It doesn't name her but people who follow international Dressage probably know who they're talking about because the suspension so close to the Olympics was widely talked about.

Not what the sport needs at any time and certainly not this close to the Games.....
That made me so angry. Where did the love for horses end that made someone pick up a destructive tool to try and get a place on a team??? Electricity?! Doping your 'best friend' to gain a percentage or two? Sociopathic behaviour and does no favours to the vast majority of us that love all things horse and even if we compete, we do it as a partnership and not a dictatorship. Shame on them and I hope they get outed and banned.

Reactions: 5
That made me so angry. Where did the love for horses end that made someone pick up a destructive tool to try and get a place on a team??? Electricity?! Doping your 'best friend' to gain a percentage or two? Sociopathic behaviour and does no favours to the vast majority of us that love all things horse and even if we compete, we do it as a partnership and not a dictatorship. Shame on them and I hope they get outed and banned.
I believe they’re talking about Morgan Barbancon Mestre. If these allegations are true, there should be severe consequences indeed.

Reactions: 2
I believe they’re talking about Morgan Barbancon Mestre. If these allegations are true, there should be severe consequences indeed.
The worrying thing is she’s only about 30 - there’s no doubt in my mind she has learnt all of these practices from her trainers over the last couple of decades.

Reactions: 2
Have you seen the Ponease riot kick off?!
It’s such a scam.

This blog explains a lot:

Reactions: 4
I think Tina is making a huge mistake going for the 100 qualification rather than the 90 again for badders 2025. She could definitely place front of house at 90 but I seriously doubt she would place in the 100. No doubt Banksy and her will boss round the xc but the showjumping...I would be hesitant!
Where did she say she’s going for the 100?

I don’t get it…… Meg is selling Moose….. and Bryni, why breed them? And she’s also talking of selling Brego because she doesn’t think he’s going to be big enough 🤦🏼‍♀️ he did come from a 14hh pony mare! Oh but her mum puts a lot of time and effort into their breeding 😂 I’ve never heard so much rubbish.

Reactions: 3
The worrying thing is she’s only about 30 - there’s no doubt in my mind she has learnt all of these practices from her trainers over the last couple of decades.
Well, she was trained by the queen of rollkur Anky v Grunsven originally. She's been training with Gareth Hughes, not sure if she still is but she certainly was as of last year and sice 2021...

I would be fairly certain that Gareth would neither tolerate nor condone such methods.

I don’t get it…… Meg is selling Moose….. and Bryni, why breed them? And she’s also talking of selling Brego because she doesn’t think he’s going to be big enough 🤦🏼‍♀️ he did come from a 14hh pony mare! Oh but her mum puts a lot of time and effort into their breeding 😂 I’ve never heard so much rubbish.
Her mum puts effort into looking at colour genetics, not conformation or temperament (ie why breed from Bear!?)

Reactions: 4
Well, she was trained by the queen of rollkur Anky v Grunsven originally. She's been training with Gareth Hughes, not sure if she still is but she certainly was as of last year and sice 2021...

I would be fairly certain that Gareth would neither tolerate nor condone such methods.
Do you follow dressage hub? She has a tiktok and fakebook account, not sure about instagram. I’m sure she posted a video a little while ago of Gareth Hughes and the horse wouldn’t stretch down and take the rein after the test, so while I doubt he does tolerate that sort of training who knows what goes on behind closed doors. There are plenty of reasons why the horse didn’t stretch down and if it’s the one of his that doesn’t then I doubt it’s down to harsh training.