Equestrian Influencers #25 Tina not happy with her lot & chases a Badminton House Photo

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I guess a lot depends how Brego turns out. If he's the same as Bear (quite sharp, spooky etc) then most likely not. But it could be that at least some of Bear's issues might be from her past - Meg has said a couple of times they don't really know her history but her passport showed she'd been through the sales a few times & when they got her she was quite sick, underweight and just in a bit of a sorry state. So it's possible she's had some bad experiences that have either maybe caused the issues or made any pre-existing ones worse.
It’s funny how they are bringing up Bears history now, it was never an issue before she put her in foal. They used Bears “quirky” behaviour for humour and funny jokes and videos. Basically using Bears behaviour for content, now Bear has managed to buck Meg off since Megs confidence crisis, it now becomes an issue that Bears history has been bought up! They’ve had Bear for a long time, this isn’t new behaviour, they should have fixed this behaviour when they got her, not now. Welcome to reality Elphick Event ponies and breeding. Meg will never be confident riding Bear.

Reactions: 5
I wonder if Meg’s confidence crisis is somewhat age related. In my late teens and early twenties I would pretty much get on anything but now (early 30s) I have a lot more self preservation and don’t like to put myself in situations where I might get hurt. I’m sure this isn’t universal but it’s anecdotally common among people I know.

Reactions: 12
I wonder if Meg’s confidence crisis is somewhat age related. In my late teens and early twenties I would pretty much get on anything but now (early 30s) I have a lot more self preservation and don’t like to put myself in situations where I might get hurt. I’m sure this isn’t universal but it’s anecdotally common among people I know.
I think it comes with the older you get the wiser you get. And I am completely the same, I know what horses are capable of doing (I work in the racing industry and ride breakers/pretrainers). I am a lot older now and I’d get on anything when I was much younger, but since having many of falls and injuries I am more cautious, but I believe that if you are not confident riding a particular horse then you shouldn’t be riding it, and this is where I see Meg, she’s not confident on Bear and I don’t think it’s a good idea. But clearly she needs Bear to produce content for YouTube and needs her money made from it ……. sadly.

Reactions: 11
I think Tina is making a huge mistake going for the 100 qualification rather than the 90 again for badders 2025. She could definitely place front of house at 90 but I seriously doubt she would place in the 100. No doubt Banksy and her will boss round the xc but the showjumping...I would be hesitant!

I think Tina is making a huge mistake going for the 100 qualification rather than the 90 again for badders 2025. She could definitely place front of house at 90 but I seriously doubt she would place in the 100. No doubt Banksy and her will boss round the xc but the showjumping...I would be hesitant!
And she’s just arrogantly assuming she will be there next year.

Reactions: 3
All stars. Who’s your pick? Who would you love to see on there that probably haven’t applied?
Some established allround partnerships that can actually ride a consistent dressage test and jump a decent course is all I am after!

Reactions: 4
Best Tina can do is 4th but ahead of her is Padraig Macarthy and Tim Price. She should be happy with that!

Reactions: 1
She has jumped plenty of clear rounds at 100 SJ 🤷🏻‍♀️ And has done today. There's nothing wrong with wanting to challenge yourself. If she did the 90 again everyone would call her a trophy hunter like they did Meg 🤣 I don't think she's that bothered about placing and prozw giving, more so it was gutting that she was so close but didn't manage it!

Reactions: 7
So has Meg never done a full vet work up on Bear and her”quirky” issues? Did Miri or Hannah ever elucidate on what their vets told them about their horses that there was nothing wrong with and people were just being bullies about?

Reactions: 1
So, there is a massive scandal brewing in the Dressage world (again lol). Not sure if it is acceptable to name names as the person in question isn't an influencer as such (yet has quite a following on Insta and is sponsored so.....)

Child of mega-rich parents who bought several world class (literally) horses for her so she managed to get to the Olympics before she even got out of Young Riders. That was a dozen years ago and since then there was a change of nationalities because her former "mean federation" left her out of a team spot.

In April, she was banned from sport for 3 months for not complying with anti-doping protocols. She got a team of lawyers and appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sports, and to my amazement the appeal resulted in her ban being extended to 18 months. I was startled by that as it seems quite harsh for not reporting in properly basically (the original charge was that she failed to report her location to be available for drug testing 3 times), but now it turns out (if the story isbtrue) that the Court of Arbitration for Sports received files from allegedly 30 individuals, including from a vet or vets and (probably former?) employees.

If even a quarter of the allegations are true, not going to the Olympic should and would be the least of her worries now.

Allegations include the use of electric shock devices on horses' legs, electric collars, chains, bleeding mouths from severe bits, actual doping after drug tests, beating horses in the stable, mistreatment of employees by taking their documents and refusing to hand them out, not paying staff, verbal and psychological abuse and breaches of employment law.

Shockingly, it is also alleged that both her national federation and the FEI have been informed, the former responded saying the allegagtions were without merit and the latter didn't even bother to apply.

If you can read French (or are on a device or browser that translates it for you) here is a French article about it. It doesn't name her but people who follow international Dressage probably know who they're talking about because the suspension so close to the Olympics was widely talked about.

Not what the sport needs at any time and certainly not this close to the Games.....

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
So, there is a massive scandal brewing in the Dressage world (again lol). Not sure if it is acceptable to name names as the person in question isn't an influencer as such (yet has quite a following on Insta and is sponsored so.....)

Child of mega-rich parents who bought several world class (literally) horses for her so she managed to get to the Olympics before she even got out of Young Riders. That was a dozen years ago and since then there was a change of nationalities because her former "mean federation" left her out of a team spot.

In April, she was banned from sport for 3 months for not complying with anti-doping protocols. She got a team of lawyers and appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sports, and to my amazement the appeal resulted in her ban being extended to 18 months. I was startled by that as it seems quite harsh for not reporting in properly basically (the original charge was that she failed to report her location to be available for drug testing 3 times), but now it turns out (if the story isbtrue) that the Court of Arbitration for Sports received files from allegedly 30 individuals, including from a vet or vets and (probably former?) employees.

If even a quarter of the allegations are true, not going to the Olympic should and would be the least of her worries now.

Allegations include the use of electric shock devices on horses' legs, electric collars, chains, bleeding mouths from severe bits, actual doping after drug tests, beating horses in the stable, mistreatment of employees by taking their documents and refusing to hand them out, not paying staff, verbal and psychological abuse and breaches of employment law.

Shockingly, it is also alleged that both her national federation and the FEI have been informed, the former responded saying the allegagtions were without merit and the latter didn't even bother to apply.

If you can read French (or are on a device or browser that translates it for you) here is a French article about it. It doesn't name her but people who follow international Dressage probably know who they're talking about because the suspension so close to the Olympics was widely talked about.

Not what the sport needs at any time and certainly not this close to the Games.....
I agree maybe timing isn’t the best, but we certainly do need abuse being reported and I’m glad the grooms have spoken up.
---
I dont know what her backstory is but scarlet martin is the most bizarre narcissist.
I have unfollowed a little while ago as I just didn’t really get her either. Not sure how she’s an equestrian influencer, it seems she hardly ever rides. And she’s now very in with that Leonora Smee who used to be a show jumper, now is just mooching off her parents and doing I guess lifestyle brand consultancy? Although she is also in Holland cooper adverts. Just doesn’t actually ride, has broodmares. These two I don’t really get, they seem to be trying to find their online identities, yet are like every other influencer out there. Ok rant over 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I agree maybe timing isn’t the best, but we certainly do need abuse being reported and I’m glad the grooms have spoken up.
Oh ABSOLUTELY and I could not agree more. I am horrified that I may have sounded as if I would want such behaviour kept quiet because I absolutely do not and am beyond disgusted that the French National Federation had been told and did nothing, as did the FEI, although as a friend pointed out earlier, the FEI turns 2 blind eyes at horrendous horse abuse in endurance year in and year out - so I have no idea why I am still surprised by anything they do (or don't do more to the point)!

Reactions: 2
So has Meg never done a full vet work up on Bear and her”quirky” issues? Did Miri or Hannah ever elucidate on what their vets told them about their horses that there was nothing wrong with and people were just being bullies about?
I saw Miri ask questions on a PSD group …

All stars. Who’s your pick? Who would you love to see on there that probably haven’t applied?
I’d love to see someone like Alana Clarke on it to be honest. She seems reasonably capable and has a fun sense of humour. I’m not sure how good she’d be at the jumping but Jensen the grey looks decent, or whether she’s even applied. Is there any way to find out 🤔. I’m not sure if they take influencer types, but I found the last lot too “normal” to be interesting, I didn’t watch.
---

that’s sickening if any of it is true 😢

Can someone watch Meg’s vlog and tell me the foals name pls?
---

Never heard of it? What does it stand for? I’m sure Miri will be an expert in it by Thursday.

His name is Vali. Like Valinor from Lord of the Rings.