Equestrian influencers #24 RWC doesn’t have a clue, she’s been riding since she shot out of the womb

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Horrible news about Georgie, what a sad day.

Re: Meg’s hands discussion (sorry to bring it up again :LOL:). There are totally arguments to say her riding is practical in the moment to get through the obstacle - just at all, and safely. I get that. But why does it matter so much that that pony goes through that puddle right that second? As seen in her training vlog from today when Winnie took a little moment to get into the water, she says something like ‘that was alright but would be 20 penalties though’. And then we see the result of that mentality in the clip at the competition where she ‘firmly’ insists that Winnie go through the water in a way that I agree with others looks uncomfortable. For the sake of 20 points - Meg obviously has an enormous pressure on her eventing career as it is so intrinsically tied to her actually career - but when that pressure comes down on an innocent animal who is resisting something out of fear, I don’t think it can be justified.

I think I’m too soft for the competition world, I plan to stop watching it too as it’s just not something I feel I can condone with viewership amongst all other influencer dodginess.

Reactions: 3

Re: Meg’s hands discussion (sorry to bring it up again :LOL:). There are totally arguments to say her riding is practical in the moment to get through the obstacle - just at all, and safely. I get that. But why does it matter so much that that pony goes through that puddle right that second? As seen in her training vlog from today when Winnie took a little moment to get into the water, she says something like ‘that was alright but would be 20 penalties though’. And then we see the result of that mentality in the clip at the competition where she ‘firmly’ insists that Winnie go through the water in a way that I agree with others looks uncomfortable. For the sake of 20 points - Meg obviously has an enormous pressure on her eventing career as it is so intrinsically tied to her actually career - but when that pressure comes down on an innocent animal who is resisting something out of fear, I don’t think it can be justified.

I think I’m too soft for the competition world, I plan to stop watching it too as it’s just not something I feel I can condone with viewership amongst all other influencer dodginess.
Definitely too soft. The way Meg did the water was fine.

Reactions: 12

I’d much rather her tell Winnie exactly what she wants and to get on with it rather than dilly dallying and teaching her to stop at the flags 🤷🏻‍♀️

Out of interest from the eventers, would that water in their training session have been 20 pens or more competing? I know she didn’t re-present but there were multiple incidents of stepping back then coming forwards again so not sure if each would count as a presentation attempt?

Reactions: 1
I tried to find some discussion about it here but it was a couple of months ago

Has anyone been following Katie Van Slyke's foal Seven? I haven't been keeping up with her but have checked in recently and I'm honestly baffled as to what she is doing

She seems to have completely lost the plot over the last couple of months. She got another stallion and is possibly planning to breed him, despite saying a few months back when she got RS that she had to focus on him and was debating selling her other stallion prospect

Reactions: 2
Miss crazy maise’s stories, Tello the mini she had the foal from (that died at 5 month old) has lost this years foal (with the new owner)
Does no one think maybe we shouldn’t keep breeding these animals.
She has been very unlucky to have had Marvin so very poorly and then to loose Square at similar ages.

Last edited:
Miss crazy maise’s stories, Tello the mini she had the foal from (that died at 5 month old) has lost this years foal.
Does no one think maybe we shouldn’t keep breeding these animals.
She has been very unlucky to have had Marvin so very poorly and then to loose Square at similar ages.
She doesn’t own Tello anymore, it was the new owner that bred from her. However it is sad, im not that fond of minis and wouldn’t breed them myself as I don’t have no use for them.

She doesn’t own Tello anymore, it was the new owner that bred from her. However it is sad, im not that fond of minis and wouldn’t breed them myself as I don’t have no use for them.
Edited my post, I know she no longer owned her.
But she sold her for breeding.
Agreed, not fond of mini’s, or pointless breeding.

Has anyone been following Katie Van Slyke's foal Seven? I haven't been keeping up with her but have checked in recently and I'm honestly baffled as to what she is doing

She seems to have completely lost the plot over the last couple of months. She got another stallion and is possibly planning to breed him, despite saying a few months back when she got RS that she had to focus on him and was debating selling her other stallion prospect
I think he has reached his term date, still at the vets but maybe trying to get him walking without his bandages. I've not seen her vids recently about the taking bandages off

I think he has reached his term date, still at the vets but maybe trying to get him walking without his bandages. I've not seen her vids recently about the taking bandages off
He's being put through physio and hydrotherapy. Some people have noted that his x-rays that she has shown show signs of arthritis already and his legs of course don't look good at all

There's been some attempted discussions at QOL in the comments but her and her followers don't want to hear it or be having those

She said that for these first few months, they had to keep him off his feet as much as possible to really focus on the bone development, which does now look good (??). But as a consequence it’s stopped his muscle development and combined with the casts and braces it’s making his legs sort of buckle. She said he has physio multiple times a day and they are now taking him for this water physio a few times a week too. I’m really rooting for him but I have a feeling this might not have a happy outcome. I would love to know how much this is all costing as well. She seems to have a never ending pot of money.

He's being put through physio and hydrotherapy. Some people have noted that his x-rays that she has shown show signs of arthritis already and his legs of course don't look good at all

There's been some attempted discussions at QOL in the comments but her and her followers don't want to hear it or be having those
I’m all for giving him a chance but if he is showing signs of arthritis now how long before he’s crippled? I think the kindest thing would be to put him down as his legs are fucked and I don’t see them improving lots. Also has anyone commented anything negative about her riding her new stallion? I saw a couple about him being lame but the poor fucker can barely move with her on his back so no wonder he doesn’t look right.

• Haha
I’m all for giving him a chance but if he is showing signs of arthritis now how long before he’s crippled? I think the kindest thing would be to put him down as his legs are fucked and I don’t see them improving lots. Also has anyone commented anything negative about her riding her new stallion? I saw a couple about him being lame but the poor fucker can barely move with her on his back so no wonder he doesn’t look right.
I know nothing about western riding but that shuffling gait that apparently is so desirable looks horrible. Like his feet can barely move!

I know nothing about western riding but that shuffling gait that apparently is so desirable looks horrible. Like his feet can barely move!
Just looks lame to me and others that have commented. But she’s far to heavy for him and should not be riding him at all. Also not sure if anyone follows dressage hub but she did a post about denerving or injecting the tail or something like that so it doesn’t swish and some people commented about it being common in the western world and it looks like the new stallion has had that done as his tail stays clamped down.

• Wow
Pisses me off that so many people are tagging Riders Minds on posts about Georgie. I reached out to them in a dark time… still waiting on someone coming back to me!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Just looks lame to me and others that have commented. But she’s far to heavy for him and should not be riding him at all. Also not sure if anyone follows dressage hub but she did a post about denerving or injecting the tail or something like that so it doesn’t swish and some people commented about it being common in the western world and it looks like the new stallion has had that done as his tail stays clamped down.
I’m a big girl tall like her too so am not shaming her but she should not be sitting on 2 year olds either! Also don’t get why you’d buy a stallion within the same bloodlines. That western gait or whatever it is is hideous just looks awful so unnatural!
---
She said that for these first few months, they had to keep him off his feet as much as possible to really focus on the bone development, which does now look good (??). But as a consequence it’s stopped his muscle development and combined with the casts and braces it’s making his legs sort of buckle. She said he has physio multiple times a day and they are now taking him for this water physio a few times a week too. I’m really rooting for him but I have a feeling this might not have a happy outcome. I would love to know how much this is all costing as well. She seems to have a never ending pot of money.
I also wondered what on earth the cost must be, I agree I don’t think it will be a good outcome and he wil have been put through so much. I do wonder if it’s to look good ‘we do everythng’ for our horses etc to her fans.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.