Equestrian influencers #24 RWC doesn’t have a clue, she’s been riding since she shot out of the womb

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it just me, or is our least favourite vet still being totally insensitive and inappropriate in her latest post? Surly nobody in their right mind should be talking about falls in XC at the moment?

Reactions: 5
Is it just me, or is our least favourite vet still being totally insensitive and inappropriate in her latest post? Surly nobody in their right mind should be talking about falls in XC at the moment?
Not just you. I don’t follow her, but my god, she really has no clue and doesn’t read the room, does she?! Whilst the eventing and equine community are grieving, she posts tit like that… honestly, someone needs to take her internet access away.

Reactions: 7
It’s coming across like she can’t possibly have the attention taken away from her. I could be completely off the mark but it seems very ME ME ME .

Reactions: 6
So I saw Katie Van Slyke’s update on her 2 year old Weezy at training. Is it a normal thing in America to break in horses at 2? I know they do it in racing but I was always taught that they shouldn’t be backed until 3/4. Not hating, just genuinely curious.

It gives me anxiety watching him walk tbh. It looks like his legs could snap at any time, they just look so so wrong and I don’t know how she’s expecting extra muscle to fix all of that tbh

I thought their whole plan was originally aimed at trying to avoid those sort of legs to begin with
S
So I saw Katie Van Slyke’s update on her 2 year old Weezy at training. Is it a normal thing in America to break in horses at 2? I know they do it in racing but I was always taught that they shouldn’t be backed until 3/4. Not hating, just genuinely curious.
Yes Seems to be the done thing to back at 2 🙈 some of these quarter horse's look deformed with their muscles and conformation.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I saw she got gifted the bay horse as well - presumably from Elite Dressage - so her sucking up does pretty well.
Oh did she? I wouldn't touch anything from there if they paid me... Elite Dressage and Newton Stud...

Rotten to the core.

Reactions: 3
Thoughts on Tina’s stories today - is it right to be saying people should or shouldn’t post on their socials or celebrate their achievements? And that she thinks it’s wrong? Interested in opinions

Reactions: 1
I think she’s being a bit ridiculous and performative tbh. I dare say that Georgie’s family and friends couldn’t give a flying duck what Tina and others post or don’t post right now. You can be sad and respect someone whilst also carrying on with posting on instagram 🙄🙄 who cares!

Reactions: 21
I do feel it's a bit performative especially from people who didn't know Georgie personally. Obviously it's a horrible shock and very sad but if you've not actually got a connection to her...

Reactions: 16
I find this not posting out of respect all a bit odd.
Like the entire equestrian community, I am shook about the news from Bicton this weekend and deeply saddened for the family and close friends and associates of Gorgie, how utterly devastating.
But, they have bigger issues than some 2 bit influencer posting on the gram telling us what we can and can’t feel.
Who cares if Tina posts a story or a vlog - they don’t.

No doubt I’ll get shot down in flames for saying it but, unless you are very closely connected or witnessed the awful event, it really isn’t normal to be so over emotional about.

Reactions: 22
I think she’s being a bit ridiculous and performative tbh. I dare say that Georgie’s family and friends couldn’t give a flying duck what Tina and others post or don’t post right now. You can be sad and respect someone whilst also carrying on with posting on instagram 🙄🙄 who cares!
Completely agree. Has she stopped posting previously when happy hackers have been hit by cars and died. Nope.

Reactions: 11
I don’t think there is a right or wrong answer. The world doesn’t stop when somebody dies. I do think posting about how amazing your horse is for getting round a 4* despite there being holds do to falls is a dick move though.

Reactions: 16
I haven’t seen her stories since she posted the podcast and what I got from it was that she was saying that there is no right or wrong way and that although she didn’t know her personally, she has been effected by what happened to Georgie. She said she is very aware that she feels things very deeply.

I don’t think she is being performative, I just don’t think she is very good at getting the point across and waffles a lot.

Reactions: 6
I found Tina's most recent stories gave Natalie Narc Vet Vibes - Please don't all come at me!! It was a bit me me me sobbing into the camera etc.

Yes - I understand losing Georgie is beyond devastating and has shaken a lot of people - but all these nothing influencers jumping on the grief bandwagon is somewhat sickening

Reactions: 14
I found Tina's most recent stories gave Natalie Narc Vet Vibes - Please don't all come at me!! It was a bit me me me sobbing into the camera etc.

Yes - I understand losing Georgie is beyond devastating and has shaken a lot of people - but all these nothing influencers jumping on the grief bandwagon is somewhat sickening
I gave up watching. duck listening to someone waffle on sniffling as they have been crying. I wish instagram offered 2x speed like tiktok as it would be far less boring listening to someone taking 4/5 before getting to the actual point.

Reactions: 2
I actually followed Tina after Badminton thinking she had changed and maybe things would be different.

I have now unfollowed her from all the over emotional posts she is doing. I think that's more of a me thing though as I can't stand it when folk are over emotional as it just seems so fake to me.

Reactions: 5
What happened at Bicton was beyond awful, I think everyone would agree with that. People react in different ways but Tina on day one said she was taking a break from social media “out of respect” yet she had posted every day since. I do feel today was a bit “me, me, me”

Reactions: 11
What happened at Bicton was beyond awful, I think everyone would agree with that. People react in different ways but Tina on day one said she was taking a break from social media “out of respect” yet she had posted every day since. I do feel today was a bit “me, me, me”
Got to keep posting for the algorithm!!

Reactions: 4
Exactly! I knew when she posted that, that she wouldn’t stop posting. Tina frequently reacts out of emotion and then goes completely back on that initial reaction. She can do what she wants but I wish she had a little more self-awareness/self-possession. I have been finding it harder to follow her because it’s always such a rollercoaster of emotion and if you have any empathy you can’t help but get drug along with it.

Reactions: 3
What's happened to ELS's Maggie? I seem to have missed a story but she's been having vet investigations?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.