Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

whatsgoingonworld

Chatty Member
To the person who posted about it being a boring dressage competition…. 🤣🤣🤣 It was my friend who won the 90 💪💪💪💪 He’s actually moved from pure SJ to eventing and the horse is just bloody well immaculately schooled and loves to jump. It’s his mum’s horse who he borrows to event after he lost one of his own to colic. So a bit of a dream story for them this week ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 25

mik05

Meg's nearly home clear!

Update: She's done it, fair bloody play! We knock her riding, but you don't get round badminton grassroots 100 double clear on a good dressage score if you can't ride.

Reactions: 21

Clariecakes

VIP Member
I find this not posting out of respect all a bit odd.
Like the entire equestrian community, I am shook about the news from Bicton this weekend and deeply saddened for the family and close friends and associates of Gorgie, how utterly devastating.
But, they have bigger issues than some 2 bit influencer posting on the gram telling us what we can and can’t feel.
Who cares if Tina posts a story or a vlog - they don’t.

No doubt I’ll get shot down in flames for saying it but, unless you are very closely connected or witnessed the awful event, it really isn’t normal to be so over emotional about.

Reactions: 21

hippolife

I think she’s being a bit ridiculous and performative tbh. I dare say that Georgie’s family and friends couldn’t give a flying fuck what Tina and others post or don’t post right now. You can be sad and respect someone whilst also carrying on with posting on instagram 🙄🙄 who cares!

Reactions: 20

Elliania

I know it's wrong to hope that other people do badly but I'd LOVE to see Tina and Banks in front of Badminton House as well! I think she sometimes thinks of herself as a lesser rider than say Meg or Emily because she did have those random low points and a lot of self doubt and I think being able to look back at her & Banks in front of the house would be a huge boost for her.

Reactions: 20

emulou

I really don't get when people post videos of themselves crying, I find it really weird and it makes me unfollow, it's just so cringe. If you're upset just say you're upset we don't need to see!

Reactions: 19

qwerty123poiuy

Han saying she's been having more issues with Aff keeping all 4 feet on the floor, being sensitive and over stimulated, so she hasn't done much with her.
When is she going to LISTEN to that poor animal who is screaming at her that she's not happy.

Reactions: 18

ReaRea

Chatty Member
Interesting Tina has focussed on not getting in the prize giving, I get she was very close. Expected her to be me more pleased with such a fantastic result.

I can’t see Meg selling Jam, neither would I if I were her.
Tina has posted one story explaining how close she was to being in the prize giving. That’s hardly ‘focusing’ on it. I think it’s kind of apparent she’s kicking herself for it. But to say she isn’t pleased is a bit ridiculous. She’s super happy with how she’s done. Anyone would be gutted in her shoes not to be able to line up in front of Badminton House when it was so close to happening. It’s just a normal human reaction.

Reactions: 18

hellodes

I just watched ELS’s Badminton vlog and can honestly say it’s probably the most I’ve enjoyed an equestrian vlog in a very long time.

She is just so honest, authentic and genuine. I love how she went there with her mum only and a handful of friends on the second day. She did all the ‘grooming’ and post-xc care and the love she has for her horses is so clear. Two poles down in the SJ and she still emphasised how happy she was with him - no frustration at all. Just wonderful viewing.

At the end, she said she wasn’t sure if she’d make it to the party as she would prefer to spend time with Donut which I think speaks volumes!

A true insoiration

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
Horses don’t lose fitness that easily. Keeping him hacking would have maintained his fitness. If she had been jumping him loads since badminton she would have been judged for doing too much. She can’t win.

Reactions: 17

vam14

I really feel for Evie having to deal with the dog though it seems she did a great job and all credit to her. She seems genuinely elated to have completed.
I have to admit I get really annoyed with all the “if only I hadn’t rolled a pole/gone so fast/slow I’d have won/placed” comments- surely that is the whole point of competition. Every single competitor could say the same “if only I didn’t have a 42 dressage and 4 poles”!!!
I think every single horse/rider who competed yesterday should be really proud of themselves for just getting there.

Reactions: 16
Everydayeventer called out Horseware for hosting a meet and greet at their pop-up with the 8 year old child influencer Ivy. Basically saying that child influencers are exploited
---
View attachment 2935222
WOW! Hosting a meet and greet with an 8 year old is so very wrong. How the fuck can people think it’s a good idea. She should never have been on a public social media in the first place to gain the attention of enough people to host a meet and greet. The quicker that kids are banned from public social media the better.

Reactions: 16

storynerd

Chatty Member
I do feel it's a bit performative especially from people who didn't know Georgie personally. Obviously it's a horrible shock and very sad but if you've not actually got a connection to her...

Reactions: 15

Alfie1234

VIP Member
I honestly don’t get why anyone wants to meet them 🤷🏼‍♀️. It’s not like they’re particularly talented, have achieved anything special, they just got lucky in lockdown on social media. As for Han doing a meet and greet 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

• Haha

hippolife

Please can we try to use people’s instagram or TikTok handles when discussing them? As a general rule going forward on the thread maybe? Sorry if I sound like a teacher it’s just frustrating when many of us don’t know who you’re discussing 🙂

unicorn fairy

VIP Member
without the time meg would’ve won
But if you erase all the other competitors errors out, Meg wouldn’t have won, because she was never in the lead.
All these riders have worked hard for these last few days, hats off to all of them! 🌸