Equestrian influencers #24 RWC doesn’t have a clue, she’s been riding since she shot out of the womb

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because her excuse is that she is still ‘baby’ and not that she wrecked hers and Wilma confidence.

Reactions: 2
Wilma isn’t a baby, but people often use the term to describe their younger horses. My 7 year old is known as ‘the baby’ at home.

I have no problem with Meg doing the 70 class. Why shouldn’t she? She is trying to build up hers and the mares confidence, the worse thing to do would be to overface Wilma at this stage. The girl has got to Badminton grassroots several times with home produced horses, she has a process that works for her and she’s following it.

Reactions: 10
Was Wilma not pretty established when Meg got her though? I don't watch any of her vlogs, just going by what is said on here.

Reactions: 2
Was Wilma not pretty established when Meg got her though? I don't watch any of her vlogs, just going by what is said on here.
It doesn’t really matter though. It’s not uncommon for people to buy horses, who are for example, out jumping 90 or 100 with their previous owner, to drop back and jump smaller while they establish a partnership and get a feel for each other.

Everybody rides differently too. So Wilma also has to adapt to how Meg rides, and she rides very differently to the lady at Ardeo. There was an obvious dip in Wilma’s confidence after she arrived, but they are starting to get it together now.

Reactions: 8
I don't think Wilma was established at eventing though. She'd been nicely schooled, jumped the arena cross country fences & had done some hunting. That doesn't mean she can go straight out at BE100 with a brand new rider after moving from Ireland to England, settling into a new home with new people and new horses.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.