Equestrian influencers #24 RWC doesn’t have a clue, she’s been riding since she shot out of the womb

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With BE events, do they not need to use certain listed judges for dressage? Whilst I’m so pleased for Lucy with her recent eventing result on Ember, I don’t understand how she brought him back to a trot to correct his canter that was disunited and still got a 7! That should have been a max of a 4 or a 5 surely?!
No. Not until Novice or at championship level where listed judges must be used.

Funny because I think you could theoretically judge (BE80-100) if you rode at Medium or something the last time I looked in the rule book.

It's all in the rule book folks!

ELS new horse. I'm quite surprised. Looks cow hocked and from the state of his feet and coat and the fact he didn't know how to walk on a lorry is lacking in education for a 4yo.

I think Lucy and Justine were very aware that the judge was obviously being very generous with that mark. He has certainly improved although there is still alot more to work on.

ELS new horse looks sweet, it sounds like he has been at the stud for his entire life so hasn’t had a need to go on a lorry, or maybe he has only ever travelled in a trailer? I don’t watch her vlogs normally but was interested in seeing the new boy, I hope she has help on the ground when she is backing him. I also don’t know how a syndicate really works but is that a realistic option for her next year? I would imagine selling would be the better option.

Reactions: 2
I think Lucy and Justine were very aware that the judge was obviously being very generous with that mark. He has certainly improved although there is still alot more to work on.

ELS new horse looks sweet, it sounds like he has been at the stud for his entire life so hasn’t had a need to go on a lorry, or maybe he has only ever travelled in a trailer? I don’t watch her vlogs normally but was interested in seeing the new boy, I hope she has help on the ground when she is backing him. I also don’t know how a syndicate really works but is that a realistic option for her next year? I would imagine selling would be the better option.
Justine says towards the end of the vlog she would’ve scored it a 28/29 which is still a 70%+ dressage test - still don’t think it was a solid enough test for that mark either!

Reactions: 1
Justine says towards the end of the vlog she would’ve scored it a 28/29 which is still a 70%+ dressage test - still don’t think it was a solid enough test for that mark either!
I haven’t watched all the vlog yet, but seriously those scores are so questionable. Some of those marks should not have been a 7, she disunited him twice and the transitions were so abrupt, she had to bring him back to trot to fix the lead and he was no where near tracking up in his trot work. He looked strong XC…….. Could be an issue in time, if he’s running to the jump, he’ll jump flat and leave a leg behind. To be fair, his SJ was a lot better. 23 is an unreal score! It will be interesting to see how the scores affect her next ODE.

I think the judge was kind. It is a BE80, lots of combos would be new and inexperienced, why would they harshly mark the tests and put off riders?! Nearly the whole section is sub30.

Reactions: 3
I haven’t watched all the vlog yet, but seriously those scores are so questionable. Some of those marks should not have been a 7, she disunited him twice and the transitions were so abrupt, she had to bring him back to trot to fix the lead and he was no where near tracking up in his trot work. He looked strong XC…….. Could be an issue in time, if he’s running to the jump, he’ll jump flat and leave a leg behind. To be fair, his SJ was a lot better. 23 is an unreal score! It will be interesting to see how the scores affect her next ODE.
Agreed, giving a 7 for what technically is a break to then pick up the right leg is not correct.

I'm coming at this from a pure dressage perspective, but I think the score is hugely inflated. He does look much better than he did before, so credit to Lucy, but he struggles with relaxation. You can tell he's not working over the back, as she doesn't get a true stretch out of him in the free walk (nose should come down and forward). But I think Lucy knows the score was very generous, her comments on the test seem to reflect this.

I think the judge was kind. It is a BE80, lots of combos would be new and inexperienced, why would they harshly mark the tests and put off riders?! Nearly the whole section is sub30.
Why would they mark riders so highly when the test is not quite there. That just gives the riders a false sense of confidence if you ask me. Honesty is the best policy. The judge marked her an 8 for a disunited canter! 😂

Reactions: 2
Agreed, giving a 7 for what technically is a break to then pick up the right leg is not correct.

I'm coming at this from a pure dressage perspective, but I think the score is hugely inflated. He does look much better than he did before, so credit to Lucy, but he struggles with relaxation. You can tell he's not working over the back, as she doesn't get a true stretch out of him in the free walk (nose should come down and forward). But I think Lucy knows the score was very generous, her comments on the test seem to reflect this.
Exactly, she was laughing and didn’t believe it. She thought she would get 38. And there were plenty of jokes about it throughout the vlog, they know the judge was being generous.

That was really the best dressage test that judge saw that day? I highly doubt it and I'd be slightly pissed off if I was in her section.

There is being nice and kind and then theres taking the piss. An 8 for disunited canter is ridiculous

That was really the best dressage test that judge saw that day? I highly doubt it and I'd be slightly pissed off if I was in her section.
There were 2 that were better (score wise) one on 21. Can’t remember what the other was. One then got 20 penalties on course and the other had time penalties.

Just watched it, then went back and watched Alana Clarke’s dressage in her first ODE. Hers scored 29 and there’s really no comparison. Eventing dressage judging is weird. Taking nothing away from Lucy she was scored on the day.

Surely as long as the judge marked consistently across the section, it doesn’t matter if they score low or high? Everyone could have been marked in the 40s, but as long as the marks were consistent then it wouldn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things?

Finding Lucy’s vlog so refreshing after the hours of badminton ones recently 😂

Reactions: 13
Surely as long as the judge marked consistently across the section, it doesn’t matter if they score low or high? Everyone could have been marked in the 40s, but as long as the marks were consistent then it wouldn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things?

Finding Lucy’s vlog so refreshing after the hours of badminton ones recently 😂
I agree, inflated scores, as long as it's consistent across the class are fine, and as long as the comments reflect reality. If the judge gave that score of 7 when she broke and didn't mention anything about it, there is a real issue with the judging.

The only thing I worry about with this style of inflated judging is that people will be very disappointed when they come across someone who scores more traditionally. I think it can also create confusion for people who are more novicey, making them expect these types of scores all the time.

But oh well, can't do anything about it, and you get this in pure dressage too.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.