Equestrian influencers #24 RWC doesn’t have a clue, she’s been riding since she shot out of the womb

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yasmin Ingham has posted saying there is still one important event ahead of selection for the Olympics - any idea what this could be?

Yasmin Ingham has posted saying there is still one important event ahead of selection for the Olympics - any idea what this could be?
Is there any 4*s coming up? I don’t think there are and 5*s that give enough time between them and the olympics but could be wrong.

Would that be to close to the Olympics? Not very clued up on the down time horses need between big events.
No, Olympic xc isn't until 28th of July, should be fine but yes, Bicton is more convenient of course.
That said, Bicton 4* is a short. Not sure how meaningful that will be for team selection?

Megs second vlog was really good. Her riding has improved so much from her not pulling and Jam was flowing really well, Jam also looked incredible. She has a good team behind her and I’m sure she will qualify well for next year! 🤞🏼
Agreed, I liked the second one much better than the first too, less screeching. I do like how nice (as she should be) to her fans and takes time to speak to everyone.

RWC's latest video is interesting, love a team competition. However, way too much baby voice :sick: I also find her riding (particularly her 1st test) very jarring. She's all over the place in the saddle, feet turned out completely. I couldn't believe how much she was shoving the horse along in the walk. 2nd test was better, he does still come behind the vertical a little, but not quite as bad as before.

One thing I cannot stomach is the crying about leading until the final 4, then someone getting a better score. I'm sorry, it's all about the rosettes and the winning. Also, she mentions 'Nationals' a million times.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
She also said she's barely ridden Affie on her own for ages because Affie is too unpredictable. Han, if you're that scared of your horse that you have to have someone with you when you ride, then maybe that horse isn't a good fit for you?
Yes I thought the exact same, how miserable to have to rely on having someone with you all the time.

Megs second vlog was really good. Her riding has improved so much from her not pulling and Jam was flowing really well, Jam also looked incredible. She has a good team behind her and I’m sure she will qualify well for next year! 🤞🏼
Yes, it was realy good. When I saw the results last week (or whenever it was) and that she had time penalties in the XC, I honestly thought it would have been down to Meg pulling into fences and interrupting Jam's flow, but the XC was very smooth and you could see Jam was going as fast as she could. And trotting the broken bridge! That horse is something else :love:

Reactions: 3
She also said she's barely ridden Affie on her own for ages because Affie is too unpredictable. Han, if you're that scared of your horse that you have to have someone with you when you ride, then maybe that horse isn't a good fit for you?
I think the horse isn't a good fit for life as a ridden horse to be honest. Fair play to Han for doing everything to find out her issues and resolve them, but unfortunately the behaviour is the same, and unpredictable.

Reactions: 10
Agreed, I liked the second one much better than the first too, less screeching. I do like how nice (as she should be) to her fans and takes time to speak to everyone.

RWC's latest video is interesting, love a team competition. However, way too much baby voice :sick: I also find her riding (particularly her 1st test) very jarring. She's all over the place in the saddle, feet turned out completely. I couldn't believe how much she was shoving the horse along in the walk. 2nd test was better, he does still come behind the vertical a little, but not quite as bad as before.

One thing I cannot stomach is the crying about leading until the final 4, then someone getting a better score. I'm sorry, it's all about the rosettes and the winning. Also, she mentions 'Nationals' a million times.
That saddle is completely the wrong fit for Charlotte. She has never been the perfect rider but that saddle has undone her position. She spends all of her time fighting the saddle and not moving with it.

No, Olympic xc isn't until 28th of July, should be fine but yes, Bicton is more convenient of course.
That said, Bicton 4* is a short. Not sure how meaningful that will be for team selection?
I saw a comment somewhere when Chatsworth was cancelled that Bicton 4* was for the Olympic selection.

That saddle is completely the wrong fit for Charlotte. She has never been the perfect rider but that saddle has undone her position. She spends all of her time fighting the saddle and not moving with it.
I think you're right, the massive knee rolls seem to be hindering her rather than helping.

not just this but the person who pipped her to the post was ON HER TEAM

Yes I thought the exact same, how miserable to have to rely on having someone with you all the time.
It’s Han’s horse so she can do what she wants. It’s broken bones or worse waiting to happen. If she wants to take her life in her own hands that’s her choice.

But as I’ve said before. Speaks volumes that hobbit has told Meg not to get on Affie and Meg has listened. And I don’t think Meg has listened to her mum as such, I think they’ve both seen what she’s like and gone ‘no’. And she has ridden her before.

I think Han knows the mare isn’t right, she has to right? But she’s now featured her so publicly and anyone with half a brain can see the mare isn’t right.

She can’t sell her, that’s for sure. It’s a money pit with that horse and it’s one she’s dug herself.

Reactions: 8
It’s Han’s horse so she can do what she wants. It’s broken bones or worse waiting to happen. If she wants to take her life in her own hands that’s her choice.

But as I’ve said before. Speaks volumes that hobbit has told Meg not to get on Affie and Meg has listened. And I don’t think Meg has listened to her mum as such, I think they’ve both seen what she’s like and gone ‘no’. And she has ridden her before.

I think Han knows the mare isn’t right, she has to right? But she’s now featured her so publicly and anyone with half a brain can see the mare isn’t right.

She can’t sell her, that’s for sure. It’s a money pit with that horse and it’s one she’s dug herself.
I’d say Hobbit doesn’t want Meg riding her incase Meg gets injured, at the end of the day why should Meg ride a mad horse that’s not her and risk herself! Such a shame Han has been sold a horse that’s not what they said it was. Sounds like she needs to cut her loses and move on.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.