Equestrian influencers #24 RWC doesn’t have a clue, she’s been riding since she shot out of the womb

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I understand it & massive respect for being honest - she's possibly feeling a bit guilty as well as managing the time is down to the rider & I know Banks is a speed demon which makes it harder but it's still on Tina to get it right. But it's still a hell of an achievement!

Reactions: 3
I think Jam is very capable of going novice, the badminton track won’t be far off an easier novice like Aston. I think she should definitely consider it for next year, would be so lovely to see them achieve that together

Reactions: 13
As I was driving out through the car park Meg rode past me on Jam, with Simon Grieve waving alongside her, heading to the prize giving. I was surprised to not see her whole army in tow!

Reactions: 1
I think Jam is very capable of going novice, the badminton track won’t be far off an easier novice like Aston. I think she should definitely consider it for next year, would be so lovely to see them achieve that together
I don’t know that I’d go Novice on Jam. From her fall at Bicton and Jam scraping that jump at her 100 prep event I wouldn’t chance it. If that red jump had been square instead of round it would’ve been another fall. I’m curious what Jam’s plan will be since they aren’t breeding for a bit. I’d love to see her sold to a young rider to bring up the levels and Meg put the money to something bigger and with experience.

I don’t know that I’d go Novice on Jam. From her fall at Bicton and Jam scraping that jump at her 100 prep event I wouldn’t chance it. If that red jump had been square instead of round it would’ve been another fall. I’m curious what Jam’s plan will be since they aren’t breeding for a bit. I’d love to see her sold to a young rider to bring up the levels and Meg put the money to something bigger and with experience.
I think Jam can handle a novice course. And I’m sure Meg could too if she stopped getting in her own head. Whether they can do it together it together is another question. I think if Meg keeps Jam at 100 rather than doing 90s it’s a possibility for them as a pairing. But I do think Jam would be an ace little horse for a teenager to move up the levels with.

Reactions: 7
Jam would be ace for a young rider, but I’m sure Meg has said previously that she would not sell her or Dee. Maybe a lease type agreement would work?

I think she'd be OK for an easy novice say West wilts, I don't think meg would hold her nerve with a more advance novice like Somerford etc where people run ready for an intermediate. I think her value would be at a 100 level and like others have said, helping give other riders the experience. Not a dig at all, her value would be very high being that consistent.

Reactions: 2
Interesting Tina has focussed on not getting in the prize giving, I get she was very close. Expected her to be me more pleased with such a fantastic result.

I can’t see Meg selling Jam, neither would I if I were her.

Reactions: 4
Interesting Tina has focussed on not getting in the prize giving, I get she was very close. Expected her to be me more pleased with such a fantastic result.

Why on earth would Meg sell Jam 🤦🏼‍♀️
She will eventually breed from her again I’d say.
I am soooo happy for Tina more so than any of the others, to get a double clear and be in the top 10 just goes to show that she is as good as Meg if not better.
Just watched Megs reel of Jam and them over the last fence, and Jam looks buggered and only just got over that fence.

Reactions: 7
Yeah I don't see Meg selling Jam either. She's put so much work into her considering they bought her almost totally untouched just to have a foal from, produce her a bit and sell her on that I don't think she'd be able to let her go - which I completely get.
---
Why on earth would Meg sell Jam 🤦🏼‍♀️
She will eventually breed from her again I’d say.
I am soooo happy for Tina more so than any of the others, to get a double clear and be in the top 10 just goes to show that she is as good as Meg if not better.
Just watched Megs reel of Jam and them over the last fence, and Jam looks buggered and only just got over that fence.
Yeah Meg does say in the comments that Jam dug deep - looking at some of the pictures and videos that have been posted I think the ground possibly had a little bit to do with it maybe. It didn't look really deep but was possibly a bit holding in places.

Just watched those slow mos of her cross country, and even if she did get tired by the end that can be fixed by more fitness - I reckon Jam can do novice easily. She was super athletically clearing those 100s.

Reactions: 2

Tina has posted one story explaining how close she was to being in the prize giving. That’s hardly ‘focusing’ on it. I think it’s kind of apparent she’s kicking herself for it. But to say she isn’t pleased is a bit ridiculous. She’s super happy with how she’s done. Anyone would be gutted in her shoes not to be able to line up in front of Badminton House when it was so close to happening. It’s just a normal human reaction.

Reactions: 18
I was there today and the problems were happening left, right and centre. The ground was definitely causing issues, it was quite sticky in places. Horses that looked bold and up for it were having issues at “easy” fences - in inverted commas because none of it is easy for that level.

Super proud of Meg, Tina and Evie. They all really did so well.

Met Tina and she was… erm… not how I expected her to be. She’d obviously completed by this point so nerves were not the issue.

Reactions: 3
I’m just home from work and watching the trot up for the 5* before bed. Always love the spicy horses 😂

fun fact: Tom Jackson’s dad was my farrier. A great farrier at that.

really hoping he does well, along with Alice & Topspin and Bubby & Cola who has made a great recovery after her fractured vertebrae last year.

I was there today and the problems were happening left, right and centre. The ground was definitely causing issues, it was quite sticky in places. Horses that looked bold and up for it were having issues at “easy” fences - in inverted commas because none of it is easy for that level.

Super proud of Meg, Tina and Evie. They all really did so well.

Met Tina and she was… erm… not how I expected her to be. She’d obviously completed by this point so nerves were not the issue.
I'm not surprised the ground was testing - it's a testament to the team there that it wasn't worse than it was given all the weather this year.

Why was Tina different than you expected?

im really disappointed. At least Meg has posted some shots of Jam celebrating how she’s jumping etc and Tina hasn’t really celebrated Banksy at all - she’s posted again about not being in front of the house. If it were me, I’d be shouting from the rooftops with love for an incredible horse who has made dreams come true. But I guess Tina’s dreams are bigger than that now!

Reactions: 4
im really disappointed. At least Meg has posted some shots of Jam celebrating how she’s jumping etc and Tina hasn’t really celebrated Banksy at all - she’s posted again about not being in front of the house. If it were me, I’d be shouting from the rooftops with love for an incredible horse who has made dreams come true. But I guess Tina’s dreams are bigger than that now!
Oh for goodness sake.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.