Equestrian influencers #24 RWC doesn’t have a clue, she’s been riding since she shot out of the womb

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not surprised the ground was testing - it's a testament to the team there that it wasn't worse than it was given all the weather this year.

Why was Tina different than you expected?
She was really quite abrupt and rude. Like I said, she’d already completed (would never go say hi to them before they’ve completed - I think it’s extremely rude). But it was like she really couldn’t care less. Meg last year was so, so personable and talkative. I get that it’s Tina’s first one but people wanted to share that elation with her

She was really quite abrupt and rude. Like I said, she’d already completed (would never go say hi to them before they’ve completed - I think it’s extremely rude). But it was like she really couldn’t care less. Meg last year was so, so personable and talkative. I get that it’s Tina’s first one but people wanted to share that elation with her
I ‘met’ her at the London international and she was exactly the same, face like a slapped arse.
I’m not a fan girl so I just walked on by, thinking I’d probably be the same if I had people constantly coming to me.

Reactions: 3
I ‘met’ her at the London international and she was exactly the same, face like a slapped arse.
I’m not a fan girl so I just walked on by, thinking I’d probably be the same if I had people constantly coming to me.
London, I understand as I think she’d just had a bereavement. I’ve never shied away from the fact I can’t stand her as I’ve had a glimpse behind the front she puts on. Has anyone seen Rob at Badminton with her? Possibly didn’t go if they are staying on for the 5*, but I was surprised not to see him there.

Reactions: 1
London, I understand as I think she’d just had a bereavement. I’ve never shied away from the fact I can’t stand her as I’ve had a glimpse behind the front she puts on. Has anyone seen Rob at Badminton with her? Possibly didn’t go if they are staying on for the 5*, but I was surprised not to see him there.
No this was 2yrs ago maybe? I didn’t go last year so defo wasn’t then.
It was before all the sad stuff.
I also saw her at Rockingham and would say the exact same, rude and abrupt.

Reactions: 2
We've met most of them and Tina was the least friendly (and trying to hide her can of Thatchers at 11am 😁). Meg and Em were both super friendly and natural. I like Tina as a vlogger though, am pleased for her and looking forward to watching the vlog.

Yeah Rob was there with the dogs

Oh my god, poor Evie with the dog incident! But I am so happy for her getting a great result regardless.

Fantastic for Tina and Meg too.

Reactions: 4
I really feel for Evie having to deal with the dog though it seems she did a great job and all credit to her. She seems genuinely elated to have completed.
I have to admit I get really annoyed with all the “if only I hadn’t rolled a pole/gone so fast/slow I’d have won/placed” comments- surely that is the whole point of competition. Every single competitor could say the same “if only I didn’t have a 42 dressage and 4 poles”!!!
I think every single horse/rider who competed yesterday should be really proud of themselves for just getting there.

Reactions: 16
I really feel for Evie having to deal with the dog though it seems she did a great job and all credit to her. She seems genuinely elated to have completed.
I have to admit I get really annoyed with all the “if only I hadn’t rolled a pole/gone so fast/slow I’d have won/placed” comments- surely that is the whole point of competition. Every single competitor could say the same “if only I didn’t have a 42 dressage and 4 poles”!!!
I think every single horse/rider who competed yesterday should be really proud of themselves for just getting there.
Exactly! Thank you!!

Tina was 40 seconds up and then too slow - she had timing issues. End of. I remember Stanhopes Travelling Man being in the lead after dressage and showjumping one year and then the rider whizzed around far too fast, dropping way down. She came back the next year, made sure she managed her time and won. I’m just surprised Tina is not more elated, especially with recent sj faults - She should be ecstatic about the double clear and then double ecstatic about being top 10. But she obviously went out on the XC to get in front of the house and is pissed she didn’t.

Reactions: 5
Bubby Upton is in the lead currently with a 27.3 - what an incredible achievement after fracturing a vertebrae last year

Reactions: 7
I thought it was odd he was not there but then re-thought, dogs, dinks etc someone needs to be at home? My partner rarley attends anything with me as we have commitments and home.
But also, given he is what? 60 ish? I doubt he wants to be around the squealing and giggling childishness of it all.
---
I do get this though - I competed at Royal Windsor last week and had do withdraw mid-class due to my horse going lame. I have beaten myself up all week with the what ifs.....

I understand the What Ifs as well. It's human nature; especially if it's something that would have been in your control like the time or making a rider error in the dressage. It's really really common to look back at something and think "If I'd done X instead of Y, would it have been different?" I don't think it's fair to criticise Tina too much for that especially being SO close, it wasn't like she had a pole or 20 penalties, it was 1 second. I can see that leaving a bit of a bitter taste mixed in with all the other emotions.
She has now put up a post praising Banks & saying she's not been posting much due to being overwhelmed, which I can completely understand. It must be a lot, especially with the recent breavement, the stress of knowing they'll be moving etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m assuming Meg and Han are taking the horses back then doing a quick turn around back for the 5* in one of their cars but does anyone know em and Tina’s plan? I know they brought the camper but not sure about the plan for getting Banksy all the way back to Cornwall?

I’m assuming Meg and Han are taking the horses back then doing a quick turn around back for the 5* in one of their cars but does anyone know em and Tina’s plan? I know they brought the camper but not sure about the plan for getting Banksy all the way back to Cornwall?
So I think Tina drove up in the camper and Em brought the box/trailer with Banksy so I mean maybe he's just staying on site? Is that allowed?

So I think Tina drove up in the camper and Em brought the box/trailer with Banksy so I mean maybe he's just staying on site? Is that allowed?
I would imagine if she had work to do, as she lives so far away, they may allow it? Did she say she is there for the whole weekend?

I would imagine if she had work to do, as she lives so far away, they may allow it? Did she say she is there for the whole weekend?
She hasn't said; I know Em has meet and greets on Friday & Saturday so she's certainly staying. Unless Tina is driving Banksy home and leaving the motorhome for Em?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.