Equestrian Influencers #21 Can you all vlogmas off now please?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This was filmed just after a month after her coming over - I’m not condoning it by all means but
Meg didn’t give Wilma chance to settle in her new home when she arrived, she literally rode her the day she arrived and has been riding her ever since.

Reactions: 1
How does RTG keep getting brand ambassador deals and continued sponsorship?
She barely produces any content anymore.

Now a BA for the saddle bank, earlier this year she was riding in a saddle so badly fitted to her and the horse it gave the horse a bad back (although there where without doubt other factors for Peppers bad back!)

Reactions: 2
I think Meg might want to be careful of Wilma getting too lean, especially as we haven't even gotten into the colder weather here in the UK yet! Different ball game to her Connie's!
With the TB side, she’ll probably take a little while to dial in her nutrition but I’d guess she’s a BCS of 4. Not terrible.

With the TB side, she’ll probably take a little while to dial in her nutrition but I’d guess she’s a BCS of 4. Not terrible.
No ans I'm not saying she looks terrible at all, just saying she's definitely on the leaner side and with us only really coming into winter, she might need to be careful. Definitely different to her usual ones that she has to work to keep weight off.

Now a BA for the saddle bank, earlier this year she was riding in a saddle so badly fitted to her and the horse it gave the horse a bad back (although there where without doubt other factors for Peppers bad back!)
The saddle bank seemed to have dozens of “ambassadors” last time I looked, they were announcing some every other day it felt like earlier in the year. They have a thing to apply and I’m not sure it’s difficult to be selected judging by how many they had?

Reactions: 4
Someone I know has also just proudly announced they are a new saddle bank ambassador. Horse medicated to the eyeballs in most joints at the age of 6 so she can keep hammering it. Horse breaks again every few month's and just gets re medicated. I don't think saddle bank really care and the ambassador thing doesn't really mean anything

I think Wilma will be the making of her because she’s going to have to change the way she’s riding, Jam has adapted and they know each other well enough, Wilma is already starting to get fed up with Megs hands. I see Wilma and Meg becoming the next Addie and Em.
Agreed. But unlike addie, wilma will say no (stop) alot quicker - time will tell. In the sj video with the French rider: he was generous in saying wilma had scope to do 1.10, which from a pure sj perspective is limited. Realistically, she's a 90s mare all day - and with meg's dressage competency, that will make wilma very valuable for the amateur market (solid sub 30s, be90 double clear reliability) . I wonder that if megs confidence continues to grow at this current rate whether she will 'outgrow' wilma. But I never quite believed the Novice aim...unless of course, em gets there first!!!!!!!!!!

Something else that might help Meg get over her bad habits is getting back on Bear. I don't know that Bear will tolerate much of that!

Something else that might help Meg get over her bad habits is getting back on Bear. I don't know that Bear will tolerate much of that!
I'm actually quite interested to see how Meg gets on with Bear. She's said that despite the behaviour, Bear is her comfort zone, but she also hasn't ridden her for several years and not since all the confidence issues. Could go either way

I hope they realise how lucky they are to have all this wonderful help. Honestly, it’s the stuff of dreams isn’t it?

Reactions: 6
I hope they realise how lucky they are to have all this wonderful help. Honestly, it’s the stuff of dreams isn’t it?
Totally agree. I do wonder, what does it take to become a professional?
What's that extra X factor that turns you from competent amateur to professional rider. (Aside from money for swish ponies)

These girls get so much professional training and so many opportunities, have a fair cash flow to allow to compete regularly but I don't think any of them have the x factor thats needed to go up the levels, even if they wanted to.
I used to really rate Emily, but her vlogs lately have me thinking she really, can't FEEL her pony nor know how to react to what she's given.
Lucy has the nicest empathy and feel for a horse, but no real ambition.
Tina is too emotional and quite novicey. Meg..... Well two years ago she could have gone novice on the right horse... At this point she couldn't be trusted with the half step up to 105.

Reactions: 2
What's that extra X factor that turns you from competent amateur to professional rider. (Aside from money for swish ponies)

These girls get so much professional training and so many opportunities, have a fair cash flow to allow to compete regularly but I don't think any of them have the x factor thats needed to go up the levels, even if they wanted to.
I used to really rate Emily, but her vlogs lately have me thinking she really, can't FEEL her pony nor know how to react to what she's given.
Tina is too emotional and quite novicey. Meg..... Well two years ago she could have gone novice on the right horse... At this point she couldn't be trusted with the half step up to 105.
ELS Eventing will be interesting to watch in 2024 - she's gone Novice on two of hers this last season and rides nicely.
Having seen Meg competently do BE100s with Lara about 4 (possibly 3) years ago, I would totally have expected her to be 1.05 or possibly Novice by now (or at least training at Novice level) rather than predominantly doing 90s.

Speaking of training above the level you compete at - Ashley's latest vlog with Erol doing the BD Novice was really disappointing. She didn't prepare the horse at all, admitted to learning the test at the venue, hadn't practiced the medium trot and canter and he was obviously tired by the time the Novice came around, head nodding and horribly behind the vertical. Not surprised she got 59%.
You'd think that someone of her experience would have prepared better. Erol did not look capable at all in the test.

Reactions: 6
I think Meg might want to be careful of Wilma getting too lean, especially as we haven't even gotten into the colder weather here in the UK yet! Different ball game to her Connie's!
She’s running up light!! I wonder if she is fed correctly if she will liven up and be a bit too hot and that’s what they are worried about?

She’s running up light!! I wonder if she is fed correctly if she will liven up and be a bit too hot and that’s what they are worried about?
Given she seems pretty backward at the moment, a bit more fire wouldn't be a bad thing!

A professional in what way? Doing horses full time? Or riding around FEI/Intl level?

I would argue that Meg is a "grassroots" level professional with producing 90/100 small horses.

There are certainly quite a few that do this and have many rides at this level.

I am still of the opinion that BE needs to move along like Eventing Ireland and segregate those that ride and produce full time and those that are part timers/true grassroots amateurs.

Remember - to compete at Badminton grassroots the rider restriction is not have competed at Intermediate+ for the past 10 years.

The horse restriction is only those without points (gained at Novice+).

Granted pretty much "professionals" as you traditionally think of don't do this....but there are a few that do (horse producers/work riders....)

I think like most sports, you need to have that innate talent (there's this annoying trend to say that talent doesn't exist and it's just about hard work but imho that's bullshit. You can work as hard as you like but some just don't have the X factor as you've said) in addition to of course the hard work, money, and the opportunity. For eventing specifically I think you also need to have a lot of bravery! I know Meg's said in the past she thought about working up the levels when she worked on an eventing yard but realised she didn't have the balls for it, which is fair and good to be realistic about yourself

Reactions: 8

Not trying to defend her at all, but the saddle was supposed to be fitted by a “professional” so RTG probably assumed it did in fact fit the mare. I don’t get why she is a BA for the saddle bank when I am sure she’s got some sort of deal with black country saddles. It’s also the same with her farrier, she believes he does good as he is a professional yet those of us with more knowledge of horses question his methods. I’ve never know a farrier to sand hoof wall with a drill. All I’ve ever known is a quick rasp over it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.