Equestrian Influencers #21 Can you all vlogmas off now please?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Came here to say the same thing!
Same as Pea, had to come back off loan immediately because she could no longer jump, fast forward and we are looking at the 2024 BE fixtures list (which is apparently not suited so unaff it is!)
Loathe that woman. She has zero love for her horses beyond what they can do for her.

Look at how Piggy rode Jam = Perfectly. But Meg admits how she rides, but I think her fears stop her from changing her style and her defensive riding habits. Meg rides from her hands which would explain why Jam is strong as they are both pulling. Meg is too fearful in her riding to change for the positive.
She made a huge deal about the neck strap being on, and I thought well Meg if you had a neck strap and tightened it appropriately and slipped a few fingers through it you wouldn't be able to yank the face off your horses. If a neckie is good enough for Will FP it's good enough for us mere mortals.
FB went in on her reel though.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Does no one do gridwork without reins these days? I remember doing it endlessly in lessons when I was a teenager - admittedly more to learn not to balance on the reins, but would work to stop the knee-jerk pulling into a fence too I would think...
Yes, and without stir
Loathe that woman. She has zero love for her horses beyond what they can do for her.

She made a huge deal about the neck strap being on, and I thought well Meg if you had a neck strap and tightened it appropriately and slipped a few fingers through it you wouldn't be able to yank the face off your horses. If a neckie is good enough for Will FP it's good enough for us mere mortals.
FB went in on her reel though.
What Facebook page is this?

Wimpy - Pat’s retired again! He’s really lame - again! Wasn’t she asking not long ago about bringing him back into work or loaning him out?
That drunken video of Emily and Tina - not great PR for Emily! She is not a nice drunk!!
Where did she say this? Can’t see it on Facebook or insta - was it a story or has it been removed ?

Does no one do gridwork without reins these days? I remember doing it endlessly in lessons when I was a teenager - admittedly more to learn not to balance on the reins, but would work to stop the knee-jerk pulling into a fence too I would think...
Ahhh the good old days. I remember doing it at pony club, I used to be able to jump a decent height with no reins or stirrups. Well it was probably only 80cm but at the time it felt huge 😂😂😂

Reactions: 4
Emily’s Q and A- basically it costs her nothing to keep her horses because she gets free livery, straw and haylage so only pays for things like farrier, worming.
No wonder they can all afford to go to so many clinics and events!
Then lots of sponsored freebies on top of that. These people don’t represent the average equestrian at all, do they?

Reactions: 15
Emily’s Q and A- basically it costs her nothing to keep her horses because she gets free livery, straw and haylage so only pays for things like farrier, worming.
No wonder they can all afford to go to so many clinics and events!
Then lots of sponsored freebies on top of that. These people don’t represent the average equestrian at all, do they?
God if I had all of that for free I’d be rolling in it and be able to buy myself a big lorry and/or another horse!! I’m sure she gets feed etc for free via sponsorship and rugs etc too so all her costs are do seem to be farrier, vaccs and worming!

Reactions: 1
What em also said that I thought was very interesting was that badminton grassroots was not necessarily the only aim and she'd rather see how far up the levels they can go (ie what i interpretwd as: do the 90s to get started, move quickly up to 100s and possibly a 1.10 before end of season). On paper from her 2023 season: that looks well doable. BUT there's a bit of steering and a lot of civilization that needs to be put back on that mare first for ems own safety first and foremost...

Meg needs to take a step back and slow down! I get she has confidence issues, but she's way too handsy and it's having a negative effect on all the horses she rides.

I get it, I had a severe fall almost unalive me. I got wicked PTSD and took months to get back into the saddle. I ended up with a very angry horse because I hung off his face all the time. In the end, I decided to do away with reins until such a time I became confident in my balance and seat. It worked, took about a month but I'm a soft rider again with a much happier horse!

I understand why Meg does this, but she needs to realise that we never truly have control, and there's even less when both horse and rider are shouting at each other.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Meg needs to take a step back and slow down! I get she has confidence issues, but she's way too handsy and it's having a negative effect on all the horses she rides.

I get it, I had a severe fall almost unalive me. I got wicked PTSD and took months to get back into the saddle. I ended up with a very angry horse because I hung off his face all the time. In the end, I decided to do away with reins until such a time I became confident in my balance and seat. It worked, took about a month but I'm a soft rider again with a much happier horse!

I understand why Meg does this, but she needs to realise that we never truly have control, and there's even less when both horse and rider are shouting at each other.
Exactly this. It's understandable but it's gone on way too long now and she's been aware of the issues for ages and isn't making any progress changing (whether she's trying or not)

I think the problem is she doesn't want to step back which would be the most sensible. Not riding related but I had a similar upset in a different sport (totally lost control of the mental side) and the only way to get enough space to resolve it was to cancel all competitions I'd entered until I had my head on straight. Trying to push through and keep competing would probably have ended in me never doing it again.

But Meg is so tied to the badminton treadmill. And I guess it's doubly hard to step back when it would be a substantial loss of earnings too

What em also said that I thought was very interesting was that badminton grassroots was not necessarily the only aim and she'd rather see how far up the levels they can go (ie what i interpretwd as: do the 90s to get started, move quickly up to 100s and possibly a 1.10 before end of season). On paper from her 2023 season: that looks well doable. BUT there's a bit of steering and a lot of civilization that needs to be put back on that mare first for ems own safety first and foremost...
Her latest vlog with the backing up before she got on. What was that. That’s not correct ground work for a start and she was trying to prove what? That she has come on here and read that the mare is lacking basic ground manners and just manners full stop. The whole session she still hammered Addie. I get Emily is extremely lucky but she seems to be getting on a lot of nerves, including suzi with how suzie has been in the last few vlogs. Cantering off when Emily knows she isn’t confident I had to turn off. Basic courtesy out the window.

Her latest vlog with the backing up before she got on. What was that. That’s not correct ground work for a start and she was trying to prove what? That she has come on here and read that the mare is lacking basic ground manners and just manners full stop. The whole session she still hammered Addie. I get Emily is extremely lucky but she seems to be getting on a lot of nerves, including suzi with how suzie has been in the last few vlogs. Cantering off when Emily knows she isn’t confident I had to turn off. Basic courtesy out the window.
I watched that a couple of days ago, the vlog with Suzie and I felt that was a really stupid thing to do, cantering off when Suzie was one handed and not ready. She’s a novice rider and Emily ought to have more sense than that. I’ve seen a side to Emily in recent vlogs that I’m not sure I like and it’s really disappointing because I always thought she was one of the better vloggers.

Reactions: 6
I really liked it! I thought it was the best Em has ridden Addie in a long while. Takes some guts to put the bad stuff out there with the good, but I thought she worked through her exercises much better. Not an easy mare and having no arena at home (or at a yard if you are on one) isn't easy either when you need to school your horse. She has certainly been in for some negativity lately, but of all of them, I think she is the best rider and juggling all this with a full time job as well, it's actually nice to see someone who regularly vlogs, but isn't doing it for a living.

Reactions: 5
I really liked it! I thought it was the best Em has ridden Addie in a long while. Takes some guts to put the bad stuff out there with the good, but I thought she worked through her exercises much better. Not an easy mare and having no arena at home (or at a yard if you are on one) isn't easy either when you need to school your horse. She has certainly been in for some negativity lately, but of all of them, I think she is the best rider and juggling all this with a full time job as well, it's actually nice to see someone who regularly vlogs, but isn't doing it for a living.
She’s had heaps of training, coaching and clinics to last someone a lifetime. She hires an arena quite often but chooses to jump the mare there most times. I think Addie has got worse over the last year with Emily, purely through being rushed. I think the regular vlogs may be sponsored??

She’s had heaps of training, coaching and clinics to last someone a lifetime. She hires an arena quite often but chooses to jump the mare there most times. I think Addie has got worse over the last year with Emily, purely through being rushed. I think the regular vlogs may be sponsored??
Funnily enough we ended up watching some of last year’s SUKO as our house has been hit by the Christmas flu. My non-horsey other half (but he knows enough as he is very supportive and comes to lots of lessons and competitions with me) said that Addie looked so much better last year than she does now. His observations were that Addie wasn’t tail swishing or head tossing like she does now. Every time I watch an Emily vlog, he asks why she hasn’t sold her yet. 🤣🤣

• Haha
I dont think she is, I'm sure she said she used to be a jockey or something to do with racehorses, so don't think she is ametuer but definetly should know better
She is the absolute definition of a clueless amateur who has bought herself a young horse and is so far out of her depth 😑
nk

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.