Equestrian Influencers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think she was breeding irresponsibly though. Breeding a fancy warmblood is very different to breeding a cob. The majority of Irish cobs don't have recorded breeding. There's no need to only breed from horses with recorded breeding, especially in native types. I dont think layla should have said what she did, however if she'd called her "ugly" rather than "fatty" would anyone have cared? I also think it's a bit rich tattle taking the high ground on name calling, when there is name calling throughout - its basically what this platform is for 😂. Just on this page of thread Tina is called vile. Is that any different?
I guess it depends on how and why it was said. I wouldn’t have called Tina vile but her behaviuor towards Em and Addy at the fun ride was all 3 where as bad as each other and it’s amazing how a different vlog gave a different prospective. I can understand them wanting to gallop off at every piece of grass they came across, I would be the same but I would sure as hell make sure everyone in the group wanted the same and would always let the youngest/unfittest horse dictate the pace. That should have been a very educational outing for Addy and I hope her’s and Em’s confidence hasn’t been knocked because they where both doing so well.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I don't think she was breeding irresponsibly though. Breeding a fancy warmblood is very different to breeding a cob. The majority of Irish cobs don't have recorded breeding. There's no need to only breed from horses with recorded breeding, especially in native types. I dont think layla should have said what she did, however if she'd called her "ugly" rather than "fatty" would anyone have cared? I also think it's a bit rich tattle taking the high ground on name calling, when there is name calling throughout - its basically what this platform is for 😂. Just on this page of thread Tina is called vile. Is that any different?
I didn’t call Tina vile, I called her behaviour vile. Which it was in that vlog. No one is taking the high ground but fat shaming is taking it too far. As I said, I don’t know what went on back then. It’s a long time ago, she is entitled to leave the past behind her and move on.

Reactions: 7
yeah I’m not bringing up old screenshots, for one I can’t be bothered. It was some time ago so having to go back through old messages and stuff after a busy day. What’s done is done. I don’t think anyone has a right to call someone out on breeding their heart horse. She isn’t aiming to breed a world beater, just a family pony and a piece of maisie she can keep forever. The mare is at a well known stud who is very knowledgeable with mares, foals and breeding so she is in safe hands.

Reactions: 3
Have you see Country Grandeur’s stories? I don’t get why she is so offended by the suggestion she was over-horsed? She couldn’t manage his behaviour, it wasn’t her fault necessarily, but she couldn’t. There is no shame in selling a horse that doesn’t suit you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I guess it depends on how and why it was said. I wouldn’t have called Tina vile but her behaviuor towards Em and Addy at the fun ride was all 3 where as bad as each other and it’s amazing how a different vlog gave a different prospective. I can understand them wanting to gallop off at every piece of grass they came across, I would be the same but I would sure as hell make sure everyone in the group wanted the same and would always let the youngest/unfittest horse dictate the pace. That should have been a very educational outing for Addy and I hope her’s and Em’s confidence hasn’t been knocked because they where both doing so well.
Where can I find this video of the fun ride please? It is an insta account or YouTube? Thanks

Reactions: 1
Have you see Country Grandeur’s stories? I don’t get why she is so offended by the suggestion she was over-horsed? She couldn’t manage his behaviour, it wasn’t her fault necessarily, but she couldn’t. There is no shame in selling a horse that doesn’t suit you.
"A whole level above my experience and confidence"

So basically you were over-horsed? No shame in that.

Also having read her horse wanted advert on her stories, Someone would be mad to follow anartiststories/country grandeur and sell her a horse. She goes through them quicker than I change my underwear.

Last edited:
yeah I’m not bringing up old screenshots, for one I can’t be bothered. It was some time ago so having to go back through old messages and stuff after a busy day. What’s done is done. I don’t think anyone has a right to call someone out on breeding their heart horse. She isn’t aiming to breed a world beater, just a family pony and a piece of maisie she can keep forever. The mare is at a well known stud who is very knowledgeable with mares, foals and breeding so she is in safe hands.
You can however do right by the mare and choose a decent looking stallion. The stallion she chose had horrid conformation, probably only a stallion because it was a palomino. If it were any other colour it would have been gelded ages ago.

Reactions: 9
that. To be honest, she didn’t say much worse than some have said on here about RTG!
Tbh I've seen nobody on here call RTG a Fatty. People have simply said she isn't matched to the right sized horse in Pepper. If she wants to ride Pepper and be at a comfortable weight to carry, yes she'd need to lose some. However she doesn't need to lose weight to be valued as a person, and nobody should be fat shaming her, especially to insult her over an opinion.
RTG simply could do with having a bigger horse and to enjoy Pepper for the love she can give, she doesn't need to lose a pound.

You can however do right by the mare and choose a decent looking stallion. The stallion she chose had horrid conformation, probably only a stallion because it was a palomino. If it were any other colour it would have been gelded ages ago.
This, it was a bin end cob that happened to be palomino and was still only a young colt, not even old enough to be considered a stallion. Nobody would have thought twice if she'd at least picked a nicely built stallion.

Reactions: 5
Oh for gods sake, I only asked since you seem to know so much about the whole thing. No ones going to go off and Troll her over it a year later are they?! It would just have supported what you said re there apparently being more to it, more messages that the girl supposedly sent.

I haven't expressed my opinion on Laila ATALL, so what your talking about re breeding, has nothing to do with me. I haven't said either way wether I think it's good or bad to breed her horse or good or bad that she returned to SM etc etc. I just answered someone who asked for more info on what went on.

Reactions: 2
I hadn't watched any of EMD Eventing before but have watched her fun ride vlog just now and honestly wow... I didn't expect it to be that uncomfortable to watch to be honest. I think it's perfectly reasonable to say the behaviour of the others is pretty vile at times? It's nothing but selfish (and potentially dangerous) to canter off when someone has literally said "wait hold on"?! You can hear in her voice that she is trying so hard to stay calm and not bothered by them, but I'd be pretty fuming if multiple times they just charged off having said please dont do that. Not exactly a 'fun' ride when your so-called friends are being really snide and unhelpful, no need to roll your eyes and the pressure someone over a jump when they actually just need a breather and then some calm support/ encouragement.

Also, what's with getting right in eachothers way at jumps? Like, move out the way?!

I'd not want to ride with them. I know at the end Em's like oooh it was soooo fun but I don't really buy it to be honest. She should definitely be proud of her horse, but imagine how nice it would have been to do it with friends who were thoughtful of you and mindful of a young horse.

Reactions: 14
So last time I checked laila was in Dubai and her heavily preggers mare Maisie is being looked after by the stud? Surely you’d wanna be close by near her due date ? The stallion she picked has a conformation that looked like it has been put together using a knife and fork ....terrible and irresponsible breeding . Plus Maisie behaviour traits could be bred into the foal? Also fat shaming ....never ok . Especially as laila had such a big platform .

• Haha
Oh for gods sake, I only asked since you seem to know so much about the whole thing. No ones going to go off and Troll her over it a year later are they?! It would just have supported what you said re there apparently being more to it, more messages that the girl supposedly sent.

I haven't expressed my opinion on Laila ATALL, so what your talking about re breeding, has nothing to do with me. I haven't said either way wether I think it's good or bad to breed her horse or good or bad that she returned to SM etc etc. I just answered someone who asked for more info on what went on.
I didn’t say it was you that expressed an opinion on breeding? I’m answering the thread in general? I said was that I can’t be bothered hunting for the screenshots to post here. I don’t have them saved on my phone just in case I need them and it’s been a long day. No need to get pissy. I wasn’t aiming my post at one person.

Anyway, I’m off to take my chill pills and get some sleep…

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I hadn't watched any of EMD Eventing before but have watched her fun ride vlog just now and honestly wow... I didn't expect it to be that uncomfortable to watch to be honest. I think it's perfectly reasonable to say the behaviour of the others is pretty vile at times? It's nothing but selfish (and potentially dangerous) to canter off when someone has literally said "wait hold on"?! You can hear in her voice that she is trying so hard to stay calm and not bothered by them, but I'd be pretty fuming if multiple times they just charged off having said please dont do that. Not exactly a 'fun' ride when your so-called friends are being really snide and unhelpful, no need to roll your eyes and the pressure someone over a jump when they actually just need a breather and then some calm support/ encouragement.

Also, what's with getting right in eachothers way at jumps? Like, move out the way?!

I'd not want to ride with them. I know at the end Em's like oooh it was soooo fun but I don't really buy it to be honest. She should definitely be proud of her horse, but imagine how nice it would have been to do it with friends who were thoughtful of you and mindful of a young horse.
You could tell in her voice how upset/pissed off she was. I think she was more pleased at Addy’s behaviour than anything else. I also started to watch her cross country vlog and it looks like she’s had her confidence knocked a bit. Hopefully it’s just a little blip as she is a good rider and more than capable of bringing Addy on. I think she just needs a couple of good jumping sessions to get her confidence back.

Reactions: 10
You could tell in her voice how upset/pissed off she was. I think she was more pleased at Addy’s behaviour than anything else. I also started to watch her cross country vlog and it looks like she’s had her confidence knocked a bit. Hopefully it’s just a little blip as she is a good rider and more than capable of bringing Addy on. I think she just needs a couple of good jumping sessions to get her confidence back.
Her "friends" did her no favours upsetting Addie and then bullying Em over a jump she didn't want or need to do again. I also feel like Addie might not have stopped in such a sharp manner if at all if they'd not wound her up and overstimulated her by cantering off all the time and pissing about right behind the jump making her wait as that will have definitely gotten into both Em and Addie's head.
I feel for her because she's the best rider of that bunch by a million miles and it would be a shame for them to have wrecked her confidence when it wouldn't have otherwise happened.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Her "friends" did her no favours upsetting Addie and then bullying Em over a jump she didn't want or need to do again. I also feel like Addie might not have stopped in such a sharp manner if at all if they'd not wound her up and overstimulated her by cantering off all the time and pissing about right behind the jump making her wait as that will have definitely gotten into both Em and Addie's head.
I feel for her because she's the best rider of that bunch by a million miles and it would be a shame for them to have wrecked her confidence when it wouldn't have otherwise happened.
It makes me wonder if she planned to take Spritey to start with but had to swap to Addie when Sprite went lame. I don’t see any issues with them galloping round like loons as long as it’s what they all want and they aren’t getting in each others way making it dangerous to jump.

Reactions: 4
Charlotte - posting on her story that the saddle doesn’t fit and is too narrow , yet proceeded to ride it it?

Reactions: 6
I just watched Em's video. Neither she nor that horse were ready for that fun ride. Does she do any groundwork with that horse? It was not listening to her and was clearly beyond her threshold when she start bucking. Yes the others were dicks but Em also needs to take the blame for putting the horse in a situation it wasn't ready for.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.