Equestrian Influencers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh yeah the one that fat shamed a girl, and bred Maisie to a bog cob because it was palomino but had shocking conformation and was always antagonising Maisie much like Tina. She deleted her instagram after the backlash of the fat shaming saga.
Well now, I only went and missed all of that!!! I don’t remember the stallion. I do remember Raleigh did a video on her and she was spot on with the rearing etc. That’s what actually made me think of her was the whole Tina vlog mess. She was entertaining to watch, in a car crash way. I did not know about any fat shaming though 😳 Gosh it must be two years or more since I saw anything from her.

I’ve just watched Emily’s vlog of the fun ride and the behaviour from the others is disgraceful. Multiple times she’s says she’s not comfortable with something but then they basically peer pressure her into it. Not to mention them just galloping off when she’s clearly asking them not to and simply having no regard she’s riding a very green baby. The whole thing should’ve been about building Addie’s confidence. Instead it ended up basically being ‘keep up Emily because we only care about our own fun’. I feel like Emily is trying so hard not to act like she’s upset with them but you can tell she’s pissed off so many times during the ride. They’ll keep it all happy smiley for the viewers but I hope Emily voiced her feelings after the cameras were switched off, even if only to Tina. They’re supposed to be best friends, I’d be livid if my friend did that to me.
I’m still so annoyed over that vlog. The whole video was just a mess. I really cannot stand Tina, she is vile the way she behaved.

Reactions: 5
Elizabeth Lutener, think charlotte even interviewed her at one point on her YouTube. I think if you search the horse into youtube you can find a video of it! I’ve definitely seen it as a friend showed it to me and we couldn’t believe it was the same horse
Do you have a link I couldn’t find!

Reactions: 3
I’m still so annoyed over that vlog. The whole video was just a mess. I really cannot stand Tina, she is vile the way she behaved.
Let’s be honest, Emily waited to get home to ‘end the vlog’ because she was pissed off and needed to cool down.

I don’t think she’s a horrible person either, I quite like her content on the whole.. the reel today I didn’t understand and it did rub me up the wrong way!

I do think she must have drama with horsey people in real life though as “horses” is at least the second new tattle account to lay into her as a first post. Then the weight comment also screamed as being from someone with more than just an online connection to her

She did call someone (probably hosslife!) a bully on here the other day but the comment was deleted, which might be what triggered the use of the word!

Rightly or wrongly, I think she gets so much attention on here because she can’t help but give a reaction.

OMG she drives me mad hahaha. Does she have a new insta? Quick stalk and I’ve found miss.crazie.maisie which seems legit but only been started recently?
I agree. Personally I’m sure Jess is lovely she just doesn’t do herself favours at times. Also strange that you get a few newbies just coming on skating her. No smoke and all that 🤔

I also thoughts megs post about the 100k followers was really lovely. At times I know she can come across bratty but this was written very heartfelt 👏🏻 Well done Meg

I agree. Personally I’m sure Jess is lovely she just doesn’t do herself favours at times. Also strange that you get a few newbies just coming on skating her. No smoke and all that 🤔

I also thoughts megs post about the 100k followers was really lovely. At times I know she can come across bratty but this was written very heartfelt 👏🏻 Well done Meg
* slating ,obvs struggling to spell today 😂

I don’t think she’s a horrible person either, I quite like her content on the whole.. the reel today I didn’t understand and it did rub me up the wrong way!

I do think she must have drama with horsey people in real life though as “horses” is at least the second new tattle account to lay into her as a first post. Then the weight comment also screamed as being from someone with more than just an online connection to her

She did call someone (probably hosslife!) a bully on here the other day but the comment was deleted, which might be what triggered the use of the word!

Rightly or wrongly, I think she gets so much attention on here because she can’t help but give a reaction.

OMG she drives me mad hahaha. Does she have a new insta? Quick stalk and I’ve found miss.crazie.maisie which seems legit but only been started recently?
I’d say it’s legit alright but is it a genuine post? I don’t know what the fat shaming is about, we all make mistakes but fat shaming? Not really a mistake is it? It’s fatphobia.

Attachments

Reactions: 1
I’d say it’s legit alright but is it a genuine post? I don’t know what the fat shaming is about, we all make mistakes but fat shaming? Not really a mistake is it? It’s fatphobia.
She snapped after being stalked and trolled by the individual she fat shamed. Of course, not an excuse for what she said but she did snap and she has apologised for it.

Reactions: 2

* slating ,obvs struggling to spell today 😂
Tbf most us can probably come across as bratty at times. But Meg is definatly not the brattyiest equestrian out there, far from it in fact. We all know who takes that tittle.

Reactions: 4
She snapped after being stalked and trolled by the individual she fat shamed. Of course, not an excuse for what she said but she did snap and she has apologised for it.
I don’t know what happened. Was it actually fat shaming or did she comment on a rider too big for a horse? I followed her new account anyway, her old account was entertaining.

I don’t follow her and don’t know what happened. So speaking a little generally here.

But i agree, if someone’s been offensive I feel like they shouldn’t be given a big platform again. There are loads of genuine and nice people out there trying to make a following online and spending hours on their content, only for people like this to come out of the woodwork again after a scandal? There are loads of good-hearted influencers out there and people who want to become influencers. Why do we need to follow ones that are offensive and fatphobic?

Someone somewhere will still have the screenshots, I'm sure also if you look up 'abuseequus' on Instagram she has a post a little further down on her page, about the whole thing.

From what I remember, Laila used her huge fan base to her advantage, & was quite nasty in saying that she'd post publicly about this girl and humiliate her and then all her followers would be able to go after her. That kinda thing.
We all witch or say something we shouldn't, at some point in our lives. I don't much like her but I understand why she snapped. Anyway. Not sticking up for her at all. She shouldn't have brought up the girls weight, it's very nasty.

I don’t know what happened. Was it actually fat shaming or did she comment on a rider too big for a horse? I followed her new account anyway, her old account was entertaining.
It was legit fat shaming, she called her a fatty and other stuff, but I don't have the screenshots of it to say word for word. I believe it wasn't even in relation to whatever the conversation was. She was being called out over her winding up of Maisie for views I think.
I think I remember the words she used other than fatty but without confirming I won't say them for sure because I don't want to quote her saying something she didn't. But she definitely at least called her a fatty. Which to me isn't a mistake you make accidentally, nor is it one you make if you're a good person.

Edit I found it using the above comment-
"Oh, and maybe lose some weight"
"Might put you all over my story actually"
"omg I've got a fat stalker 😂😂"
It was over breeding Maisie too, so she says
"Breeding my horse with my choice of stallion with or without papers is my choice, not yours fatty"
"Go to the gym maybe?"

So no, it wasn't accidental or just saying she was too big for her horse, which is something she did say along with ripping the girl to shreds over her riding but I have not seen the girl, the horse or the riding in question. Regardless of whether those things are the case, the way Leila spoke to the girl about all that AND the fat shaming was downright disgusting and she doesn't deserve a platform for it.

I've posted the name of the insta user who has infact uploaded all the screenshots if you swipe. So everyone can see for themselves. (I forgot that she did infact upload the screenshots, so ignore my last post haha)

The girl didn't come after her for winding up Maisie, but rather re irresponsible breeding.

No the girl came at her for all kinds of things. The girl didn’t post all of the screen shots, choosing to not post some of the things she wrote to Laila. She made multiple accounts to keep harassing Laila when she was blocked as laila tried to ignore it. She was going at laila from all angles and was persistent with it so laila snapped and yes, stooped to talking about her weight. Not an excuse, but when you have tried for a very long time to simply ignore and block and she continues to message you, including your personal and photography pages and people you work with and friends, you use any thing as a weapon to bite back 🤷🏻‍♀️

Not an excuse, but when you have tried for a very long time to simply ignore and block and she continues to message you, including your personal and photography pages and people you work with and friends, you use any thing as a weapon to bite back 🤷🏻‍♀️
Not an excuse exactly.
She could have just kept blocking tbh. I don't agree with any of it from either side but Leila is the worst of them both for what part she had in it. Maybe she shouldn't have been breeding irresponsibly too

Not an excuse exactly.
She could have just kept blocking tbh. I don't agree with any of it from either side but Leila is the worst of them both for what part she had in it. Maybe she shouldn't have been breeding irresponsibly too
She can do what she likes with her own horse though and she plans on keeping it so 🤷🏻‍♀️

both as bad as each other I say. The other girl was harassing her, you don’t know what else is going on in someone’s life so harassing them online can then make them lash out. At the end of the day she has come back, apologised and moved on. It’s not like she has committed a crime, people do silly things and make mistakes, learn from them and that’s that. To be honest, she didn’t say much worse than some have said on here about RTG!

Anyway….

Glad I’m not in the equestrian world any more and if I were to get back into it, I think I would need to have a sole use yard. I ain’t got no time for drama.

No the girl came at her for all kinds of things. The girl didn’t post all of the screen shots, choosing to not post some of the things she wrote to Laila. She made multiple accounts to keep harassing Laila when she was blocked as laila tried to ignore it. She was going at laila from all angles and was persistent with it so laila snapped and yes, stooped to talking about her weight. Not an excuse, but when you have tried for a very long time to simply ignore and block and she continues to message you, including your personal and photography pages and people you work with and friends, you use any thing as a weapon to bite back 🤷🏻‍♀️
The main reason the girl came at her was to do with breeding. I appreciate there may be tons more screenshots we aren't privy to, but I think it was mainly to do with the whole breeding thing. At least that's what the girl continually posted about her, even in her own stories.

Do you have more screenshots that you could share?

Not an excuse exactly.
I don't think she was breeding irresponsibly though. Breeding a fancy warmblood is very different to breeding a cob. The majority of Irish cobs don't have recorded breeding. There's no need to only breed from horses with recorded breeding, especially in native types. I dont think layla should have said what she did, however if she'd called her "ugly" rather than "fatty" would anyone have cared? I also think it's a bit rich tattle taking the high ground on name calling, when there is name calling throughout - its basically what this platform is for 😂. Just on this page of thread Tina is called vile. Is that any different?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.