Equestrian Influencers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just watched Em's video. Neither she nor that horse were ready for that fun ride. Does she do any groundwork with that horse? It was not listening to her and was clearly beyond her threshold when she start bucking. Yes the others were dicks but Em also needs to take the blame for putting the horse in a situation it wasn't ready for.
I think Emily does lots of groundwork, she has shared lots of footage of her long lining.

Reactions: 7
I just watched Em's video. Neither she nor that horse were ready for that fun ride. Does she do any groundwork with that horse? It was not listening to her and was clearly beyond her threshold when she start bucking. Yes the others were dicks but Em also needs to take the blame for putting the horse in a situation it wasn't ready for.
Yes and no. A quieter group would have been far more suitable for Addie. She probably should gave just gone out with Tina instead of 4 of them, I think Tina would have been a lot more considerate of Addie then. I also think it would have panned out so differently if she went with a group of more sensible adults. But I guess she thought her so called friends would be more mature and consider the needs of all the horses in the group not just their own.

Reactions: 8
Have you see Country Grandeur’s stories? I don’t get why she is so offended by the suggestion she was over-horsed? She couldn’t manage his behaviour, it wasn’t her fault necessarily, but she couldn’t. There is no shame in selling a horse that doesn’t suit you.
No surprise there. She would be offended by her own shadow. She’s got a massive victim complex. Everything is everyone else’s fault and never hers. Obviously she can’t handle the truth because she was over-horsed! She has a Shetland running about the garden now and I think that summarises the height of her abilities. Stick to the overgrown dog/Shetland Kate and leave the horses to the big girls 👍🏻

"A whole level above my experience and confidence"

So basically you were over-horsed? No shame in that.

Also having read her horse wanted advert on her stories, Someone would be mad to follow anartiststories/country grandeur and sell her a horse. She goes through them quicker than I change my underwear.
THANK YOU 🙌🏼 Glad to see others sharing my views. Any responsible horse owner would avoid her like the plague. Absolutely shocking the rate at which she goes through horses. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, there needs to be some sort of equestrian moderation in place and she needs blacklisted on it!

Reactions: 3
who is this charlotte person? what is her @
Riding with Charlotte

Edit: she’s deleted a couple of posts today though, she said she was going buy a new prestige after this one wasn’t going to fit. Loved that most people answered under £1000 on her poll for saddle costs, don’t think that was the answer she wanted 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
i don't mind meg or lucy but i do agree they have changed with time.
my favorites on social media are the likes of jumping bryan or flo carter eventing or ashley harrison eventing i just hope they dont change too much if they continue to see success

Reactions: 6
i don't mind meg or lucy but i do agree they have changed with time.
my favorites on social media are the likes of jumping bryan or flo carter eventing or ashley harrison eventing i just hope they dont change too much if they continue to see success
Ashley is no influencer, she is tough as nails and so dedicated. She works her wee bum off and is so talented. I love her YouTube channel. She’s not full of it either, she shares highs and lows. She had a nasty fall last summer and it really rattled her. She admitted she was out of her depth (I don’t believe she was tbh) but she came back stronger. She is far too good at what she does to call her an influencer. Phenomenal horse woman. If you’re not following, you need to. The only thing she plugs is her own merch, no ad, sp nonsense with her.

Riding with Charlotte

Edit: she’s deleted a couple of posts today though, she said she was going buy a new prestige after this one wasn’t going to fit. Loved that most people answered under £1000 on her poll for saddle costs, don’t think that was the answer she wanted 😂
What did she delete? This saddle sage feels like it’s gone on forever. What’s the issue? Is she doing it for content or is she fishing for a free saddle from some company. I stopped watching her stories a while back. Her tracksuit post sent me 💀

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Ashley is no influencer, she is tough as nails and so dedicated. She works her wee bum off and is so talented. I love her YouTube channel. She’s not full of it either, she shares highs and lows. She had a nasty fall last summer and it really rattled her. She admitted she was out of her depth (I don’t believe she was tbh) but she came back stronger. She is far too good at what she does to call her an influencer. Phenomenal horse woman. If you’re not following, you need to. The only thing she plugs is her own merch, no ad, sp nonsense with her.

What did she delete? This saddle sage feels like it’s gone on forever. What’s the issue? Is she doing it for content or is she fishing for a free saddle from some company. I stopped watching her stories a while back. Her tracksuit post sent me 💀
Do you think I could keep moaning about saddle issues and get a free one? If she went to a good saddler with a large variety I am sure they would be able to tell her what she needs. You can even get made to measure saddles that can have the width adjusted by the saddler and they aren’t stupid money. It sounds like she needs one of them rather than an off the peg saddle.

Reactions: 4
Do you think I could keep moaning about saddle issues and get a free one? If she went to a good saddler with a large variety I am sure they would be able to tell her what she needs. You can even get made to measure saddles that can have the width adjusted by the saddler and they aren’t stupid money. It sounds like she needs one of them rather than an off the peg saddle.
Have to agree there are a few out there that put “ recommendations wanted” and you know full well they are after free stuff 🙄

charlottes account is another that is turning into pure adverts. Don’t think she is that relatable or likeable from a potential business point of view.

Have to agree there are a few out there that put “ recommendations wanted” and you know full well they are after free stuff 🙄

charlottes account is another that is turning into pure adverts. Don’t think she is that relatable or likeable from a potential business point of view.
I usually skip past ads. Some I can’t stand and some put me off the product. Like Tina’s ad for those rugs last night. The fit of them is not what I like in a rug, I like them much deeper so they wrap around the belly a bit more. So while her ad is absolutely no problem, it’s actually quite a nice one seeing horses being allowed to run around and not be stuck in a stable 24/7. But seeing them on a horse and not photoshopped on like they do on the Robinsons website is far better as you can see the size and shape better.

Charlotte’s constant saddle saga is also annoying me. I don’t understand why she thought he needs a dual flap as opposed to a monoflap after trying ONE on ONE TIME. It’s likely not the longer girth but the fit of the actual saddle. Also she seems very intent on getting a fancy saddle make. Surely the best saddle for your horse is one that fits him?? I struggle with saddles because my pony is a 16.5in, I am 5ft3 and he is funnel shaped - very, very difficult to fit a saddle to. But I would buy any saddle if it meant he was comfortable, I wouldn’t worry about it being Prestige or Albion or whatever. Stop trying to pigeon-hole him into a saddle make.

Reactions: 11
What do you mean "turning into". It's been one big advert since forever lol

• Haha
She has to have everything brand new and shiny though, just to sell it in 3 months time with more drama. 😂😂

Reactions: 1
Her saddle experience is just bizarre to me! Then again my budget is never been half as much as hers but every saddle fitter I’ve seen has a large stock of second hand saddles ready to try, buy and alter if need be.

Her saddle experience is just bizarre to me! Then again my budget is never been half as much as hers but every saddle fitter I’ve seen has a large stock of second hand saddles ready to try, buy and alter if need be.
Yes , this is what I don’t understand. She went to this ‘Amazing saddle fitter’ yet only had 2 brands to try on?
A fancy saddle isn’t going to make her ride better! Why doesn’t she invest her money properly into a saddle which is going to fit her thigh. She is quite long hip to knee! Probably cost the same to get made to measure as what she’s paying off the peg!

Yes , this is what I don’t understand. She went to this ‘Amazing saddle fitter’ yet only had 2 brands to try on?
A fancy saddle isn’t going to make her ride better! Why doesn’t she invest her money properly into a saddle which is going to fit her thigh. She is quite long hip to knee! Probably cost the same to get made to measure as what she’s paying off the peg!
Exactly! And if he’s constantly changing shape and constantly changing (know many horses who genuinely do) then you’d get a cheaper one knowing it would need to be changed eventually/one that’s very adjustable. Thorowgood make some amazing saddles that are very adjustable/all saddle fitters I’ve had are familiar and can work easily with them which is what you’d want in her position as she said saddle fitters are very few there!

Reactions: 3
Yea I think she needs to go up a seat size as she's long in the thigh. But surely a good saddler will see this and measure her correctly?

Reactions: 6
To be fair, I think it does depend on saddle fitters, no saddle fitter I've had out has a good stock of second hand jumping saddles, especially if horse and rider are hard to fit. Think she's really limiting herself ruling out monoflaps as she does need something that will fit her thigh length without impeding on the horses shoulder.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.