Equestrian Influencers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
😂😂😂😂😂😂. Yes you can try new things I don’t think anyone is saying people can’t but it’s my personal opinion that you should use the product for at least a week before saying how amazing it is. Say I’ve been given/paid to try this I will let you know how it goes but to say/make out something is amazing before giving it a fair chance isn’t fair on people who will spend their hard earned cash on it because of an opinion by an influencer when it could be that crapply made it falls apart within a fortnight. If I where in her shoes and raved about a product before trying it and people brought them and they broke soon after buying as they are crap I would feel bad.
Then why is she giving it the time of day whilst on holidays 😂 Go enjoy the holiday and stay off tattle then if it’s upset her so much. It’s a fair point, influencers I think have a certain responsibility to their followers who support them. They bang on about loving and appreciating their followers only to tell porkies about the next amazing product they have discovered. 🙄

Sad for Rhi but these things happen. As said above, likely done testing about.

totally get Tina has to advertise as it’s her job but things like that water bottle? No. Just drink sugar free squash if you want flavour or sugar free flavoured water. I don’t drink plain water and don’t get dehydrated. Not being a ‘negative Nellie’, just opinion and have always backed Tina up on here.

I’ve totally gone off watching any equestrian YouTubers at the moment ☹ I wonder if I will ever get back in to the equine world? 🤷🏻‍♀️
Miri Hackett has a great channel. I like Raleigh too. She’s like the YouTube version of tattle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Then why is she giving it the time of day whilst on holidays 😂 Go enjoy the holiday and stay off tattle then if it’s upset her so much. It’s a fair point, influencers I think have a certain responsibility to their followers who support them. They bang on about loving and appreciating their followers only to tell porkies about the next amazing product they have discovered. 🙄

Miri Hackett has a great channel. I like Raleigh too. She’s like the YouTube version of tattle.
That vegan teacher has found Raleigh which is even funnier than Raleigh 😂😂😂😂

Reactions: 2
I suspect there are also a lot of lurkers on here who run to influencers letting them know that they are being mentioned.

Reactions: 4
😂😂😂😂😂😂. Yes you can try new things I don’t think anyone is saying people can’t but it’s my personal opinion that you should use the product for at least a week before saying how amazing it is. Say I’ve been given/paid to try this I will let you know how it goes but to say/make out something is amazing before giving it a fair chance isn’t fair on people who will spend their hard earned cash on it because of an opinion by an influencer when it could be that crapply made it falls apart within a fortnight. If I where in her shoes and raved about a product before trying it and people brought them and they broke soon after buying as they are crap I would feel bad.
As if she would spend her “hard earned money” on a over priced novelty water bottle ☠

I suspect there are also a lot of lurkers on here who run to influencers letting them know that they are being mentioned.
100% can imagine Tina checking tattle herself constantly to see if she’s mentioned

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She definitely checks!

Anyone know who her ‘biggest hater’ is? Someone once reported her for drink driving in a vlog (I believe they were parked) to brands, and she said she knew exactly who it was and I think had touched on that a certain person really makes her life difficult.

Reactions: 1
I think the problem is that Tina’s ‘USP’ has always been a horsey person just sharing products she likes and would spend her money on, but since she has become more successful (through her own hard work admittedly and I don’t take that away from her at all) it has all felt more commercial, and trying to continue this narrative of ‘I’m just sharing things I like’ just doesn’t quite work any more? Whereas Meg has always been clear this is her job, and doesn’t try to portray her adverts as anything other than adverts if that makes sense…

I’m also not sure that Tina trying to justify it by telling us what ‘big dollar’ deals she has turned down is going to have quite the effect she hopes for. She’s a successful content creator who has worked hard to get where she is-I think she should just own that rather than trying to justify it somehow?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She definitely checks!

Anyone know who her ‘biggest hater’ is? Someone once reported her for drink driving in a vlog (I believe they were parked) to brands, and she said she knew exactly who it was and I think had touched on that a certain person really makes her life difficult.
I think she likes to kid herself into thinking it’s just one person with a vendetta 😂 I know multiple people who have reported her for various things

I suspect the same 🧐 I think that’s a bit cruel, especially if it’s something very negative. If they are here checking then that’s on them but to screenshot and report back, seems it’s just to deliberately hurt someone. Some threads can get quite nasty.

I think the problem is that Tina’s ‘USP’ has always been a horsey person just sharing products she likes and would spend her money on, but since she has become more successful (through her own hard work admittedly and I don’t take that away from her at all) it has all felt more commercial, and trying to continue this narrative of ‘I’m just sharing things I like’ just doesn’t quite work any more? Whereas Meg has always been clear this is her job, and doesn’t try to portray her adverts as anything other than adverts if that makes sense…
Now I won't lie I like watching them both but I appreciate Meg's ads more and am more likely to actually take what she says at face value because she never makes it unclear that she was paid to promote something and that's just how the job works. I feel like Tina still pushes that "But I would pay for it, promise" story that I just can't get behind even if I want to. I like to know if I'm being advertised to.
If they already used the products and then are sponsored then that's completely different, it's when they get them for free and suddenly they're the best thing since sliced bread. Very Riding With Charlotte-esque

Speaking of Charlotte, I'm very intrigued as to what saddle she will come away with from her fitting after all the back and forth on her story. I mean I would expect it'll be the one that fits but I do have a bit of an interest in saddle fit so I wonder which brand it will be

I also agree it's cruel to run back to them with what's said because that's taking their power away to be able to choose to not look. They don't have to know unless they want to know. And it's really unfair (and not very fan like) of those people to take that choice away from them. Most things are valid critiques but some things are on the meaner side and are obviously put on for a rise so it's unfair as a fan to want your fav influencer to be upset by that when it's not even slightly constructive.

Okay I never actually watched Tina's vlog about that bottle. She literally frames it as she's been sent it to "test out" and not to promote as an advertisement. It's also not that clever really as scent is a massive part of our taste anyway so it's not doing anything different than a dilute squash only producing so much more single use plastic waste.

Riding with Rhi... the livery yard she is on. EVERY horse there breaks. It's well know in the local area. So so so many horses get injured there. And so many dodgy horses are bought by inexperienced owners. I've never been stabled there but there's so many rumours. Plenty of horses have been PTS too.

Does anyone follow any accounts that successfully compete, preferably showjumping? Like jumping.Bryan but already follow her!

Riding with Rhi... the livery yard she is on. EVERY horse there breaks. It's well know in the local area. So so so many horses get injured there. And so many dodgy horses are bought by inexperienced owners. I've never been stabled there but there's so many rumours. Plenty of horses have been PTS too.
what yard is it? I live in Surrey and always been curious where she is

Considering she is a vet, I find Holly's horsecare very questionable. I will give her credit where credit is due, and say that she has indeed done a fantastic job with producing Khal. However, I cannot overlook the fact that her horses all lack proper muscle development, especially when you take into consideration the work that they do. She brings them to shows for hours on end on the lorry, without a pick of hay for them. Again, considering she is a vet, you'd think she would be well aware of the risk of ulcers. I agree with a lot of what she does - her management is good in that they are kept barefoot where possible and live out 24/7 year round but I can't help but notice the little things! Also her saddles absolutely never fit, she won it in a raffle online and uses it on all her horses. You are not telling me that Khal, Dali, Fiona and Welbeck are all fitting in the same saddle (and it constantly slips, or lifts up at the back).

Also, her method of bringing horses back into work irks me. She blabs on about bringing them back into work slowly and how important it is, then her first ride in 6 months she's pulling their head into an "outline" (a fake one at that, created by her leaving them tied down with bailing twine in the stables during backing, and lunging alike), w/t/c and jumping within no time at all. Its an injury waiting to happen 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Considering she is a vet, I find Holly's horsecare very questionable. I will give her credit where credit is due, and say that she has indeed done a fantastic job with producing Khal. However, I cannot overlook the fact that her horses all lack proper muscle development, especially when you take into consideration the work that they do. She brings them to shows for hours on end on the lorry, without a pick of hay for them. Again, considering she is a vet, you'd think she would be well aware of the risk of ulcers. I agree with a lot of what she does - her management is good in that they are kept barefoot where possible and live out 24/7 year round but I can't help but notice the little things! Also her saddles absolutely never fit, she won it in a raffle online and uses it on all her horses. You are not telling me that Khal, Dali, Fiona and Welbeck are all fitting in the same saddle (and it constantly slips, or lifts up at the back).

Also, her method of bringing horses back into work irks me. She blabs on about bringing them back into work slowly and how important it is, then her first ride in 6 months she's pulling their head into an "outline" (a fake one at that, created by her leaving them tied down with bailing twine in the stables during backing, and lunging alike), w/t/c and jumping within no time at all. Its an injury waiting to happen 🤦🏻‍♀️
Not just me then!!! I thought I was going soft in my old age thinking she’s doing an awful lot of jumping for horses just coming back into work. Though maybe her dad rode them while she was away??

I’m guessing the field maintainence is not their strong point then! Unless they get injured elsewhere on the yard but the surface in the big outdoor looks a good one.

You’re not on your own with that opinion. I enjoy Holly’s vlogs, loved her videos from Australia and I put the lack of muscle down to her been away and her horses were not in work. In saying that, she had numerous stories up that her dad sent her of him working one of them, I can’t remember which one. I never noticed the lack of hay but yes to the saddles or as you pointed out, the one saddle. She has one video up that I can remember the saddle visibly slipping back and just generally flopping about on Khal’s back. Where did she train as a vet? Was it in Australia?
In saying all that I thought she did good work with Rocky, I was impressed by his progress.

I love Holly’s videos but must admit I was surprised to see her jumping Khal after only being back on him for 2 weeks. I don’t think her Dad rides them but I assume he lunged etc in preparation for her coming home. But still I don’t think lunging replaces actual fitness work and muscle building work with a rider on..

Reactions: 6
I love Holly’s videos but must admit I was surprised to see her jumping Khal after only being back on him for 2 weeks. I don’t think her Dad rides them but I assume he lunged etc in preparation for her coming home. But still I don’t think lunging replaces actual fitness work and muscle building work with a rider on..
It helps but definitely doesn’t replace it. I really wish people wouldn’t rush getting their horse fit. I saw a horse being advertised for sale as being dragged out the field 3 weeks ago, sat on for the first time 2 weeks ago and took part in a 7/8 mile fun ride at the weekend. Nothing like taking it slow and not rushing a youngster 🤦🏻‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.