Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Welshgal97

Sounds like addie had lost her head a bit in the trot up from ems last story so wonder if the excitement of getting back out after xc yesterday just made her a bit silly

Reactions: 7

LittleRoots

I loved her on the bay purely because she looked like she was having fun and looked confident. and I think that’s what she needs (outsiders opinion so just my thought)

_Willfully_

I’ve lost all respect for Meg……. If she can’t ride them, she doesn’t want them. Maybe different case for Ari, but she can’t give him away in the condition he is in from the sounds of it.
What do you mean? She has no intention of giving him away.

Sodjdwjao

Chatty Member
Affie’s had the vet out again, I hate to say it but I’m starting to think this is a sunk cost fallacy situation…

takeiteasy

I can't lie, I'm finding this horsey shopping journey of Meg's quite exciting! Wish I was shopping for ponies!

Rememberancext

Emily 10 places higher than Tina at Bicton with a 31.9 vs 32.6! Could be strained if only one of them qualifies for Badminton...
But dont forget neither of them are there to be competitive!! Good on Emily - she had plenty of days grooming/slaving for Tina in good and bad weather. Didn't see Tina return the favor too often but then again, em seems to have happily plotted her own course this year. Can certainly see her placing alot higher than Tina.....

Sodjdwjao

Chatty Member
I quite like the grey in Meg’s video, she looks a great size on her. No sure one viewing warrants a 17 minute vlog though 🤣

Alfie1234

VIP Member
I liked the dark bay mare best.

What DOES she have at home though in all fairness? Nothing that isn't too small for her or broken.
Whether it makes sense to breed more that will be too small for her from broken mares is another question altogether but she really doesn't have what she says she wants and I don't see why she shouldn't go and buy herself a horse if she wants one and can afford it.
The dark bay mare was lovely, she was my pick of the bunch, chestnut looked lovely but they usually do. The greys were just ordinary. I’m surprised at how ordinary they all were to be honest, apart from the bay mare who did stand out to me. I don’t know what I was expecting, but I guess it’s been built up so much that it was going to be a search for something a little more than what we saw, something to move up with rather than stay still. I guess I expect Meg to be more like Evie and Flo and she just is happy at 90, which is fair enough I suppose.

I was eye rolling her banging on about seeing strides, being scared and being unsure on how to ride a young pony. That was tedious, has she forgotten about the fact that all hers were young and unbroken and she did the work?

Also, stop vlogging and driving! Staring into a camera instead of the road is awful!

But really enjoyable vlog, great seeing something different, minimal advertising and Simon is a darling, he was so excited over the grey and the way it jumped.

Rememberancext

Els eventing: taking a gbp1 horse from unaffiliated 80cm to be novice (110-115) plus badminton grassroots 100 qualification in less than 15 months...Impressive.....

I don’t understand why people get so annoyed at influencers getting free shit for advertising. It’s literally their job. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I mentioned this last thread butttt:

"I'd argue if they weren't sponsored these would be dropped

*Nobody would drink Yfood
*All bar Tina would use Hello Fresh (I used to subscribe and then the quality went to shite)
*Airup
* Meg wouldn't splash for LeMieux (who's quality also seems to have went to shite)
*Tina wouldn't have a new horsebox every farts end
* Silvermoor wouldn't have a look in
* Voltair - though Meg hasn't been very forthcoming in that change
*Albion bar Emily - Tina wasn't very forthcoming on those issues
* Calming cookies / stuffing your horses full of supplements you don't need / horsey vasaline for when you hold your horse so tight you cut into his mouth ( and I don't even follow RWC)
* Whale of a time clothing / Maya Dolorez F&F and whatever other fad clothing brand is (Holland and Cooper ? 🤣)
* Those stupid duvet coats
* Those stupid headband torches
*Hay gain products "

I get that it's their job but I totally agree that influencers are disingenuous regarding products that they shill. You cannot say LeMieux boots are the best EVA when you have used them once in a training session.

At the end of the day you just cut your nose to spite your face as anybody with half a brain can see through it. It's the parents of children I feel bad for.

infernalcarpet

Chatty Member
Tara again :oops: I am amazed she posts videos like this. The horse has been under saddle for over a year and is showing every sign of extreme discomfort. Plus no bend in the body whatsoever, just a swing of the hindquarters. I would love to see this horse in a properly fitted saddle and a training session with a qualified coach. So much potential but this match will end in an accident. Tara has no idea how to properly deal with her. It's awful to watch.

• Sad
  • Wow

Rememberancext

Just a generalisation from what I experienced hunting many year ago now, open to the idea it might have changed! Riding from dark till dark hurling horses at unknown fences and across dangers ditches / slopes is my opinion of running a horse into the ground!
The nar Valley (justines pack) certainly isn't that based upon the numerous vlogs on YouTube. Actually looks brilliant for the less brave....

infernalcarpet

Chatty Member
Just watched Tina's Equireel vlog of Bicton - she jumped that XC brilliantly! She looked super calm and confident, nice length of rein and Banksy ate it up. Was a very pleasant round to watch.

Meg going on in her insta stories about Jam being dirty and that she is a ‘badminton pony’… seriously loves to throw the ‘badminton’ comment every day 😒 London 52 is just coming into work and is hairy and dirty… it’s NORMAL. Stop chucking in the ‘badminton’ comment - your pony didn’t win the 5* or the grassroots. Blimey 🤦🏻‍♀️
Might start calling my horse a Burghly horse means how I won a PC hunter trial there once 😂

spottypony

If Emily does right by young Addie and give her a break/holiday, she will come back next year bigger and better (I believe)….. But, I can’t see Emily giving Addie a break, and it will be sad to see if she doesn’t, the mare deserves one for the work she’s done this year. Em has done well with her this year, and she can only get better.
Id love to see Tina qualify for Badminton 🤞🏼
---

I don’t recall myself ever calling them “backyard breeders!” Would they spend the money though if they weren’t sponsored? Probably not….. Her sponsors feed all her horses.
yes they are looked after, I’ve never disputed this. I simply don’t “understand” her breeding program as it makes no sense, she’s breeding everything against what she actually wants in a horse, and she’s breeding from mares that are not sound, but I’m just clarifying that I have not said they are “backyard breeders”.
Emily has said she is giving Addie several breaks over the winter as she is going away a few times herself.

• Heart

Horsemum

I don't mind the ones that actually use the products regularly and then promote them, which to be fair Tina is good at and I hold my hands up to being influenced by her on some products all of which I'm pleased to say have worked and held up over time. It's the head to toe in other brands then come out with a different coat for a photoshoot that's the best coat ever etc, run a competition to win one but that's it. I'd like to see them doing the yard jobs / riding out and showing us the rug in use more.
Same here, I don’t mind the ones who are consistent, that are using the brands they promote, or have been with them for years.

Horsemum

Does anyone else not care what Meg buys, what she sells or what she has that’s in foal, lame, broken or whatever?
Just me who literally couldn’t give a single 💩 about it?
needs her own thread, I don’t follow her or watch her content because I don’t find her interesting at all. Agree, I couldn’t give a 💩 either 😅
---
I quite like Pammy 😅 she's not for the faint of heart but in a horse world full of bullshitt, I love a straight talker.
oh believe me she’s very definitely full of bullshit. One of the biggest hypocrites going.

Last edited:

Erni

If she doesn't want to sell them, she could full loan them out surely.. She really does like to make it harder for herself and I'm shocked her parents (albeit I imagine they're also crazy) haven't put a stop to this lunacy of 28 horses. It's literally slowly killing their child (sorry, but bluntly put that is what's happening)
Considering the mom is hoarding cats in the name of "rescuing" I do not think they see anything wrong with Kate's many horses.

But yeah, starting off with about 29 horses for a riding school just seems like a bad business plan no matter who it is. Or even having about more than 10 horses of your own (can't remember how many she had) that you take care for yourself and then buy another 10+ horses without any help to care for them. Unless you know there is a lot of interest in a riding school in the area then starting off with just a few whilst you slowly build up a clientele would be better? And then as needs rise you buy more horses slowly, ensuring you also can hire staff that can help take care of those horses.

Mars03

Does this sound like she’s doing some sort of meet & greet? What other ‘special occasion’ could it be? If it is I hope people realise how obese Pepper is when seeing her in person.
Maybe a demo for listers or something on a panel. Still don't understand why her or any of her sponsors think Peppers weight is fine!