Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GBNI

VIP Member
Suppose we're moving more to calling them TIH!

I only know one TB x Connie and he is sharp. A fabulous horse though, very talented.

Sodjdwjao

Chatty Member
Bryni was broken in when she was sent off to stud the first time. I suspect Meg might do a little work with her under saddle but nothing serious, maybe just a few hacks & some lunging to start her back up. She's certainly not going to be eventing her!
I definitely missed a chapter!

Justine’s story just melts my heart….. She bought herself her own brand new riding boots and shes over the moon with them, not sponsored or gifted, but bought them herself and has shared them to her followers, I love that. She also done incredible losing weight 👌🏻
Husband and wife goals to!

saywhathorsegirl

I couldn't care less what she does or spends her money on. But there's many a person who'd be very happy with a horse that's recorded two top 10s at badminton grassroots and qualified at two heights for 2024! Quite frankly, I have sympathy for the sellers. She's wasting their time looking at animals which don't really meet her brief - and the sellers are being used for content. Time will tell. But she probably won't buy anything from this trip, most likely saying that they are too green for what she is looking for.
She posted a story about confirming the decision to purchase with Hobbit while at the airport. So she’s led everyone to believe she did buy something on the trip.

I’m sure she has plenty that would contribute. I’d contribute a small amount just to see her get a really good horse and all the content that comes from that.

Chicarica

Just watched some of Harlow's vlog of them Trick or Treating in Dubai. Harlon is such a brat. He thought he was given yoghurt so he slammed it in Harlow's basket! Then when Chelsea called him out for taking two treats from someone he turned around and snapped at her! I hate talking ill of a child but compared to Harlow he's a rotten little egg. She's so well-mannered and thankful.

infernalcarpet

Chatty Member
Who is likeable though? Everyone is so try hard atm.. I feel everything has become so extra and “look at me”
That's a very good point but I reckon the type of people who have the guts to get out there and vlog are also the type of people who are so extra.

I have to say, I like good horse content in vlogs, not too much chatty chat chat, and for the love of god, please invest in a good mic :)
And don't all use the same loyalty free background music... 😁

My 16.2 horse is in a 6ft3 rug as she's compact. My friend has a 15.2 who's in 6ft6. While I don't think Meg has gone that big at all, rug size means nothing.
Very true, I was just going from my experiance of horses with 6ft3 rugs. My 15hh connie cross and a 16.2 tb I’ve ridden both wear 6ft3 and I don’t look tall on my horse nor did I look short on the 16.2 yet have ridden others of that size and felt to tall on a 15hh and far to small on the 16.2hh

LittleRoots

Harlows new video came on auto for me today, had a nosey and Rolo(?) the gorgeous new forest looked lame to me on the front right, specially when they were on the lunge 🤔 is anyone else seeing it or just me?

Welshgal97

First grey was alright, nothing special. Didn’t like the second grey, first chestnut looked too small but pretty, second I thought would look better with a good rider on board, the bay mare was beautiful and really liked her.
Agreed, also it’s going to be one of the ones that’s done a bit more surely if the second viewing was at a cross country course?

_Willfully_

I really hope she doesn’t go for the bay, what on earth is the point of buying a 15.2 Connie X when you have multiple at home who are very capable of doing what you want (minus the little bit of TB) 🤦‍♀️
I agree with "what's the point" but she doesn't have multiple of that kind at home. She has one like that at home, max.

MayaK.

Loved the bay mare. Very genuine and athletic. Let's face it, Meg is not going to go for something bigger than 15.3 so she might as well get something that makes her feel confident. It might be good for her to have something that is a bit more behind the leg so she rides forward. Meg says she likes whizzy ponies yet has them bitted up and pulls to the base of a fence so I'm not seeing how that works?
i agree, I don’t think she likes whizzy ponies at all!

LittleRoots

They were never suited in the first place really. Why she bought a pony I don’t know.
They seem to hoard horses, so I’m glad she let Smokey go. I wonder if they have anyone sharing or riding any of the others. It seems a lot for just her mum to manage, particularly with their other pets.
i think her new video tonight is a new horse she’s got maybe 🤔

_Willfully_

When I bought a horse in Ireland, we tried him over the weekend, vetted on the Thursday. More recently I had a tried a horse on a Tuesday, second viewing Thursday & rang to arrange vetting which was done the following Weds, so a week or so isn’t really out of the question.
Yes, but she decided on Saturday, so vetting would have been on Monday at the earliest and it's only Friday now. Sure, theoretically it is possible but it would be rather quick.

And if the horse has had a vetting already and they don’t get their own, if the transport company is there, they can get home before you.
True.

Alfie1234

VIP Member
On a lighter note, Ashley's latest vlog was very lighthearted. Coming last and having a real laugh about it, Scott's commentary on her ribbon was very funny.
They get such a good balance of being interesting and informative but also being light hearted and funny, there’s no pointless waffle and they bring the characters of the horses out. She’s showing that young horses can be a slog, it’s great watching event days where everything goes to plan, but what she’s doing now is what gets you there, it’s the repetitive work of going places for experience and not being downhearted when it goes tits up. Ashley was very honest about what was not so good, but was also able to take the positives away from it as well. Errol certainly has some growing up and muscling up to do but she’s a good consistent rider and it will come, he certainly didn’t make that easy for her.

Charlottes vlog appeared and from the title it looks like she’s moved him back home yet again, that horse is like a yo yo, won’t know whether he’s coming or going. No idea if it’s permanent or click bait as I’ve long unfollowed her and can’t stand to watch a whole vlog. Molly & Ella then came up which I gave a watch, didn’t like it to be fair, Dyan had one down in the first round which was totally a rider error and she did admit that, but in the second round she had a stop and there was a very odd cut from the footage before the round continued, but her attitude afterwards and comments she made I found a little unsettling. Anyone else watch it? I’ve never been a fan of there’s tbh, they’re a bit too entitled teenager for my age, but she didn’t come across well in this one at all.
---
Not strictly horsey, more farming/country but horses so feature... Does anyone follow Alberta May Andrews or her friend Evie, Forever in Wellies.
They are such lovely girls! Alberta has a little girl and she and her husband work their arses off to provide thmesleves with a lovely life. Forever in Wellies is a dairy farmer, rider and model - breath of fresh air!
YT or insta?

I’m very intrigued to see Tina and Olivia Towers, they’re such different characters that I’m struggling to see them meshing, Olivia is all about the horse and not into the screechy best buddy schtick that Tina always has going on.

If much rather see training and lesson content than the endless ‘new shiny’ product or ‘come spend a day mucking out with me’.. I do enough of that with my own!