Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LincsLady22

I’ve watched Em’s vlog, and she certainly went with the want to qualify. But I think Addie is such a tricky type of horse, that even though they have come such a long way in their training really well, Addie still has a long way to go too, and I feel Emily forgets this at times and expects too much from Addie, even though the mare has the potential, her brain is still not quite there yet. This has shown during the 3 day format that her brain couldn’t handle it in the end, and it showed with her complete rudeness on the ground and under saddle. Sometimes when horses are pulling at fences doesn’t always mean they are “keen”, it can also mean rushing which can be caused through losing confidence (may not be the case with Addie, but could be). Let’s hope Emily sticks to her plan and gives Addie a break.
Yep and Meg did mention that Addie felt more green than she looked. So she probably is still an extremely green horse to go to Badminton Grassroots.
---
With all due respect, that’s not really for the saddle fitter to do.
She/He is there to check, asses, fit a saddle, not advise someone to sell their horse.
Of course if there are issues it is correct that as a professional they should raise the concern to the owner/rider but there is little more they can do than that.
A saddler is also not a vet so whilst it might be obvious there is a problem, they also cannot diagnose anything beyond suggesting the horse needs to see a vet.
Oh yes I totally agree! But they do have a duty of care to flag up concerns and sometimes it takes a professional to get someone to listen, rather than a bunch of strangers on the internet.

unicorn fairy

VIP Member
Because she’s said herself on the occasions where he’s had a stop - oh, I should have had his pads on. I don’t make this stuff up - it’s from what they post themselves. And yes, they may all get their feed for free, but if you have a horse prone to mud fever, you do your due diligence and ensure your house is in order.
---
So how does mud fever work with their diet? I’ve never heard that one before.

secrets123

Ah I didn't realise it was a short. Cheeky in that case as the story text was definitely implying that's the going rate for proper videos!
yeah I thought it was quite misleading! I could be wrong but I had a quick look through her recent YouTube content when she posted about it and the views matched up with a short, not a full length video

houdini

VIP Member
No it's not. Her new partner seems to be involved too - I did wonder if maybe it's a place he/his family own and thats why she's doing it up? But it would surely be too much luck for one person to be able to move their horses from their ex-partner's family's estate to her new partner's....
That was my first thought too. Seems like a fast turn around but I suppose we don’t know the timeline really

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member
Was it just me that saw something off with the first chestnut's back end? Or was it just because she's a baby and still really unbalanced? She was very sweet looking though.
I wasn’t sure either, could just be really unbalanced but it did jump odd on the lunge too so could be something going on there.

Bridisi

She couldn't have horses down as expenses. They'd have to only be used for her business, and that would be very hard to prove with horses. I run my own business (a blog) and can only expense things that are exclusively for the blog - so if I wanted to buy something that I intended to write about, I wouldn't be able to use it for personal use as well.
You can use cars and computers for personal use and claim for both.
---
I think she ended up coming back home with nothing as I think even the horse’s she is trying herself would be out of her budget. The Irish market is as bad as the uk anything with potential is still massive money . I don’t think she will have any luck.
You are very convinced that Meg doesn't understand buying horses in Ireland. Horses are far cheaper and you can see a lot of good ones at once. It's not rocket science.
---
How much does she actually want to spend though? She’d be daft to spend every penny she has on a horse as she won’t have anything left for a “rainy day”. But then look at Rhi she spent close to £10k on Woody if I remember rightly, then all the vets bills that the insurance didn’t cover and now has another that could easily have been £10k going on the prices of others. I bet she’s drained her savings and has barely anything left. So if she has a big bill pop out of nowhere she could potentially fucked.
I'm assuming her budget is around 25k.

Last edited:
Grad schemes don’t usually have an age limit, I think they should just make the most of it while it lasts as it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity, they’re still young and have plenty of time to succumb to the boring life of a 9-5!
While correct they don't have an age limit - they do often require you to have graduated within X amount. Which Meg is now well past.

Bridisi

I thought so too but did she go round in walk and rode a dressage test between fences? The mind boggles, especially as they went clear inside the time cross country!

If it's 0.4 penalties per second over the allowed time that's 234 seconds or very nearly 4 minutes
It's one time fault per second in the steeplechase.
---
Bicton hasn’t been as influential XC as I thought!! I know this screenshot is only 10 out 100’s but more greens than I thought!!
---
Some more statistics, quite interesting…
It's been straightforward jumping but the time faults have been hugely influential. Friend of mine moved up nearly 30 places.

Mars03

I know it's good that the yards can get exposure but anyone find it odd about recording for the sake of content at a viewing? I understand maybe little clips and stuff kinda like what Rhi did but she's got an agency out and such. Then again it is Megs job and would be interesting.

Suppose I'm a bit conflicted on it lol!!

BWa

Chatty Member
She hasn’t been mentioned for a while but Kate Davies really does have the track of dreams. I wish I out could put something in like that for mine at home but I can’t so will carry on with little summer grass track.

_Willfully_

Did you see her insta post last week where she was covered in mud after having a flying lesson from him? Fortunately she was okay and got back on, but you have to be brave with these youngsters.
I saw! I think Star was "fairly easy" to back and bring on, Dave is a bit more spicy by the looks of it. He has so much presence. Trust it to be her tallest (?) horse she falls from. He looks the tallest anyway.

I also rate her instructor, that was a great lesson.

ReaRea

Chatty Member
Meg’s story last night using the Le Mieux outfit builder, hint or diversion tactics as to what she may have bought in Ireland?

she’s just not as likeable as some of the others is she? So she has to get her horse clean for shoots I assume she’s paid for? Half of them have greys or coloureds and I haven’t noticed anyone else complaining 🤣
Who is likeable though? Everyone is so try hard atm.. I feel everything has become so extra and “look at me”

Jenievous

Chatty Member
Just for the record, I follow Meg, I don’t mind her stories, I don’t really watch any blogs from anyone, it’s the constant weird speculation on here that gets too much.
Going over the same ground again and again is just a lot, bring anyone else up and that gets totally missed and we get back to the same Meg chat.
I didn’t suggest a separate thread, there is no need for that.
Who would you like to discuss? This page isn’t just for instagram and YouTube. There are people from Facebook, TikTok and other blog sites mentioned too.