Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ReaRea

Chatty Member
Just watched Meg’s video from the Europeans it’s actually kind of painful to watch how awkward Lucy is presenting at times. I think she manages to save it but she really stumbles over her words at times.

Erni

To those saying Kate should have tried a small scale first- she only had 9/29 horses in riding school work 🫣 the others were just hers
That's what I was saying! How idiotic to buy more horses to open a riding school when you are already taking care of 10+ horses. Which now turns out to be 20 own horses that she took care of all by herself. Both Meg and Miri have help with their horses despite having "only" around 10 horses.

19x94

She looks perched on its back and not at one with the pony at all. Eilish's conformation doesn't help, but it's not a pretty sight.

And why was she roaring? You'd think she was running the Gold Cup. She could've at least given it a pat or used some positive reinforcement.

Nice girl, but I don't know how she watched that GoPro footage back and thought it was an enjoyable vlog for people to watch.

saywhathorsegirl

I’m nosey…. What does footluce (phone wanted to spell it footlice 🤢 🤣) do as an actual job? She has several horses and just seems to flit about and I’m envious 🤣
I was just going to ask the same! It was talked about quite awhile ago but I think she called Justine “boss” jokingly. I wondered if she was working for the hunt. I’m also curious if her new man was already involved with the hunt before they got together.

storynerd

Chatty Member
Doesn’t matter, she’s constantly turning to look at the camera and is distracted by what she’s doing. Conversation between people just flows, she’s having to give her attention and thought to it. What’s the difference between someone holding it and those who film with it in a holder?
Agreed, even if not strictly illegal (although I don't know the law in Ireland) it's irresponsible and if someone had a crash doing this you can bet it would be counted as distracted driving

Elliania

Oh wow, Han's posted a story today and looks like Affie has cut her leg AGAIN. She can't catch a break!

Jenievous

Chatty Member
Happy to see Ari on her stories! See with these teasers my mind goes to the worst places! I also thought she looked like she had been crying.
I love the guesses on the symbols! I’m terrible at that kind of thing.
ETA aren’t Jam’s bar shoes for navicular changes or heel pain.
Heart bars can be used for a few different things. Frog support, heel pain, to stabilise the back of the foot. My horse has them. He had laminitis, so not the same reason as Jam.

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member
First grey was alright, nothing special. Didn’t like the second grey, first chestnut looked too small but pretty, second I thought would look better with a good rider on board, the bay mare was beautiful and really liked her.

coopdeloop

Yes, but she decided on Saturday, so vetting would have been on Monday at the earliest and it's only Friday now. Sure, theoretically it is possible but it would be rather quick.
True! I guess if (and it’s a big if) that is why she was up so early, maybe timings just worked out.

unicorn fairy

VIP Member
I don't get 'new horse' vibes from any of the very lengthy teasers. I think it's a media job with H&C. Too much specific countdown to be anything other than a decision taken out of her hands as to when to announce it.
Maybe a hosting job at YHL or LHS?
It’s so she gets the thousands of viewers to watch it….. Giving the heads up something exciting is happening. It’ll be something like a new horse as mentioned above or another sponsor.

spottypony

There was one she didn’t jump because she said she knew it was just too big - it was 16.2 I think and the one she rode next was 16 hands. She said she knew Hobbit wouldn’t like agree so no point - which tells me it is in my mind to be bred from. If she went for something bigger she wouldn’t have to worry about the strides so much as a bigger horse would make the distances easier.

unicorn fairy

VIP Member
I said this at the time. And I was the only one saying she shouldn’t enter Badminton as she might then be tempted to compete a horse that wasn’t really up to it. But oh no, everyone just thinks Tina is the golden child when it comes to Banksy. She loves him - no doubt about it, but I do think she would put competitive desires before him, even if she professes otherwise. There have been occasions when she hasn’t put the pads on soon enough for eventing as well. Who does that when they know their horse is sensitive?! What a thing to get wrong! And mud fever should be tackled from a diet perspective, but she will feed whatever she gets free rather than put her hand in her pocket.
Banks got mud fever from Tina clipping his legs. How do you know that she didn’t put his pads on for eventing? Don’t all these girls feed whatever they can get for free though?

_Willfully_

I think the 90+ pen is time not jumping, but I'd question how you get 90 time penalities too
I thought so too but did she go round in walk and rode a dressage test between fences? The mind boggles, especially as they went clear inside the time cross country!

If it's 0.4 penalties per second over the allowed time that's 234 seconds or very nearly 4 minutes

I don't disagree that it would be safer, but I wouldn't want half poles as trotting poles. They'd be hasslesome to move as they don't roll and be half the height of normal poles.
A surround for a dressage arena will never be cheap though so I don't quite get why there is outrage over someone spending £500 on it. I didn't see it though. Don't follow her and only ever watched part of one of her videos and disliked it so never went back.
I don’t see the point of them as trot poles either as you can’t use them for jumping but I’ve seen them recommended as trot poles. I think people have said something as £500 is a lot of money to spend, but if she’s right about full arenas being in the thousands she has saved money. And people have to remember £500 to some is a lot but to others not so much and for Charlotte it’s clearly affordable.

storynerd

Chatty Member
Weather looks horrendous! could make it interesting though, a bit more random. Is this the first time Tina and Em are going head to head since Em got Addie?

supermare

And now Meg’s most recent story has me worried that Ari has been PTS. Only have to wait until Saturday for that news. 🙄
I doubt it (well I hope not!) but I don't think she would downplay it as 'rubbish' news as that's pretty upsetting news. Maybe Jam isn't going to Olympia or something to do with Dee's foal.

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
Re: Albion, wasn’t Emily supposed to be getting a DR saddle from them too? I’m sure we can see it sat in her tack room but I don’t think it’s been fitted. Surely you’d have that done by now??
I’m sure she used it at bicton