Equestrian Influencers #16 Meg’s breeding, Tina’s speeding, Ray’s over-feeding, Mumchausen’s misleading

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She definitely seems to have written him off already like he's away to be PTS.... Especially with her "they can't live forever" comment. I mean, no they can't. But this is the same horse that's now crippling lame..... But he's been "okay" for the last few years. How did something progress so quickly? 🤔 Maybe she has been buting him up all this time and now she's not 🤷🏻‍♀️ I dunno. Very very strange though.
Wouldn’t surprise me. She has Pea on some sort of supplement with bute in its name - usually not bute, but devil’s claw which can cover up some lameness sins and is actually not competition legal. She’s a twit.

Reactions: 2
Nice to see equifest giving out awards for suitably paired horses and rider as below in my opinion is so wrong.......
Really hate seeing that, what an honest mare RTG has. I'm surprised she's had no issues but I imagine the issues down the line would be horrific 🙁

Reactions: 3
Nice to see equifest giving out awards for suitably paired horses and rider as below in my opinion is so wrong.......
Oh that angle really makes it look so bad! The more I see companies endorse her the more it makes me lose faith in the equestrian industry. Welfare should come above any potential profit. I don’t care how many followers she has they could reach. When a company/organisation is happy to endorse/promote/sponsor someone who is putting their horse at risk, I instantly switch off. But they’re more concerned about the bottom line than their reputation.

Reactions: 7
I saw this photo yesterday and felt so bad for pepper. You can actually see the saddle pad rolling up the back of her saddle with the weight on her back.

I know companies like to use her for body positivity and I know she likes to promote that, but honestly it's just welfare concern for Pepper to be ridden by her let alone Pepper being obesed herself. It seems to be such a blind corner for equestrians companies

You'd think they'd research better

Reactions: 6
Wimpy is a very strange woman. A few weeks ago the horse was dog lame and retired, then it was ‘sound’ and back in work, then it was retired again, now it sounds like it’s on its last legs.
It seems like it’s all done to fit whatever narrative she is going for. I can see what’s on the cards now- tell everyone how bad it is for a few weeks, have it put down, free up space/money for another horse.

I’d rather her just be honest and say it how it is!
---
I know companies like to use her for body positivity and I know she likes to promote that, but honestly it's just welfare concern for Pepper to be ridden by her let alone Pepper being obesed herself. It seems to be such a blind corner for equestrians companies

These companies are so off the mark. There is nothing body positive about being morbidly obese, having an obese horse and then forcing obese horse to carry the obese rider.
There is nothing positive or healthy about being overweight but everyone is so terrified of upsetting people nowadays. We need to be stamping out obesity in the equestrian world, for the sake of our horses, not celebrating it.

Reactions: 13
The only endurance influencer I know is Beth Endurance. Never watched her but she looks okay!
I really like Beth, I don't do endurance but I like her videos, especially the recent ones of her starting her youngster

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Good GRIEF.
She definitely seems to have written him off already like he's away to be PTS.... Especially with her "they can't live forever" comment. I mean, no they can't. But this is the same horse that's now crippling lame..... But he's been "okay" for the last few years. How did something progress so quickly? 🤔 Maybe she has been buting him up all this time and now she's not 🤷🏻‍♀️ I dunno. Very very strange though.
This is her gearing up to have him shot so she can buy another. She just comes across so badly I can't believe people like and follow her.

Does anyone have any recommendations for some smaller equestrian influencers?
Ideally endurance
On Facebook there's a lovely pages called Follow the Rabbit, she can be a bit waffley but mainly it's how proud she is of her little highland pony doing endurance rides. It's sweet.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Pat has gone from sound on 29th June to his hind end clicking every step. Diary of a wimpy eventer needs to check her own diary to remember what bull tit she’s been spouting.

Reactions: 9
Pat has gone from sound on 29th June to his hind end clicking every step. Diary of a wimpy eventer needs to check her own diary to remember what bull tit she’s been spouting.

Also quite telling that there has so far been no video evidence of such lameness issues (which she was happy to post previously)

I just watched Tina’s vlog….skipped through the very long hello fresh ad (I think we all know how it works by now 🙄). Again I just don’t understand why she keeps going back to Cam, his instructions are confusing and I don’t feel she comes away feeling positive and good about herself. Might have been reading too much into it but he kept making the odd comment about France which was a bit….snide? She’s a good rider and knows her horse well and has had lots of success with him, and Cam’s unclear instructions (‘make him even’-yes but HOW?) seem to cause confusion and make her doubt her ability

Reactions: 6
SUKO III PREDICTIONS:

Meg: flaunting around with all her sponsors she doesn’t use #airup 😂 #spon #spon #spon
Lucy: complaining it’s cold but actually making the most out of being there and using this time to get back into the swing of things after what sounds like a pretty crappy 2023 so far.
Tina: talking over EVERYONE. ALL. THE. TIME!! (Let someone else speak woman and it’s rude to interrupt when someone else is talking). #overthenarassim 🙄
Em: I think this is where we’ll see the biggest improvement with Addie compared to SUKO II

All in all, I think it’ll be a good one if they all focus on what they’re actually there for instead of fighting over camera time!

accurate? 😂
Haha! I wonder if Meg will switch to confidence crisis mode when one of her fellow besties jumps a round better/neater than Meg’s I can’t see a stride pattern, along with OMG this jump was big 😂
I’m excited for Lucy and Ember. 👌🏻

Haha! I wonder if Meg will switch to confidence crisis mode when one of her fellow besties jumps a round better/neater than Meg’s I can’t see a stride pattern, along with OMG this jump was big 😂
I’m excited for Lucy and Ember. 👌🏻
Nah she's taken Winnie -so everyone will have low expectations. Then if it goes well it's a nice surprise and if it doesn't go well then "She's still a baby".
I'll be honest though I think it's going to be interesting to see what Winnie can do.

Although I do like Miri, this latest post about 'feeding simple feeds' has irrationally irriated me :ROFLMAO: I remember just last year or possibly the year before that she was raving about only feeding her horses D&H suregrow and micronised linseed and spirulina was the 'game changer'. Bring in a new sponsor and now speedibeet is the one to go to.
And yes, I understand that people do (and should) change their ideas on feeding as and when needed, but if you look at the 'What I Feed My Horses' vlogs she has put out, there is one every 2 years with conflicting info (except for the Premier Performance CZ supplements - sponsor).
It's like a fashion show for feed.
But yeah, as I said, I am irrationally irritated as I realise she needs to make money from sponsorship.
Also - Blondie looks extremely 'well' in the promo photo.

View attachment 2362701
---

Yes, Meg will have Winnie booted to the eyes in LeMeiux and it will be interesting to see the mare in action as we haven't seen much beyond a very short arena hire.
Tina will most definitely talk over everyone and have some sort of crisis.
Lucy will hopefully shine through now that Ember is understanding more.
Em and Addie will be the stars of the show I reckon, which will set Meg's teeth on edge.

I wonder who will host it as Jenny R has left, I believe? Cam will definitely be there (he alluded to it in Tina's latest vlog). Hopefully Simon Grieve and looking forward to an interesting dressage instructor. I wonder where they will be? Tina said she didn't know yet. Maybe back to Nodwood?
God that post of Miris really annoyed me too! Firstly because she’s actually a bit of a hypocrite and secondly because she blanket blamed feed companies for claiming they ‘fix’ gastric ulcers when an email I received this week from a brand said the complete opposite and pointed me towards their science and a vet for my suspected ulcers horse! She will still have to feed a vitamin and mineral supplement alongside speedi beet and it’s more expensive than some mashes that have vitamins and minerals in! Bore off Miri!!

God that post of Miris really annoyed me too! Firstly because she’s actually a bit of a hypocrite and secondly because she blanket blamed feed companies for claiming they ‘fix’ gastric ulcers when an email I received this week from a brand said the complete opposite and pointed me towards their science and a vet for my suspected ulcers horse! She will still have to feed a vitamin and mineral supplement alongside speedi beet and it’s more expensive than some mashes that have vitamins and minerals in! Bore off Miri!!
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a company say they will ‘fix’ gastric ulcers. Pretty sure most say they are suitable for horses prone to ulcers due to them being low in starch and cereals. My horse won’t even touch speedi beet on it’s own so I would have to buy a chaff or mix to make her eat it which means more expense. I personaly wouldn’t touch any of the mashes that have vitamins and minerals in them as most have to much sugar or energy for my horse. If I had a horse that suited one of them I’d use them. But currently a mash of alfabeet and micronised linseed works for mine, I adjust it according to workload and just add a vitamin and mineral supplement. I’ve just started adding dodson and horrel slim down to tempt her to eat her electrolytes. So while mine may not be the most simple ‘wholesome’ feeding regime it’s low in sugar which is what Miri says every horse should be on as it will eliminate every bad behaviour. Just need to sell myself so haygain gift me a steamer so I can feed hay and be absolutely perfect in Miri’s feeding fantasy regime.

Pepper literally looks like one of those old wooden horse toys where their necks were vertical. It’s not a nice picture at all.

Reactions: 5
Feel like this was a missed opportunity for Tina to take Louis to SUKO instead of Banksy! Banksy is so far ahead of Addie, Ember and Winnie…I was looking forward to seeing a bit more of Louis and Tina as a new partnership instead of Banksy who we know has a great track record with Tina already

Reactions: 13
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a company say they will ‘fix’ gastric ulcers. Pretty sure most say they are suitable for horses prone to ulcers due to them being low in starch and cereals. My horse won’t even touch speedi beet on it’s own so I would have to buy a chaff or mix to make her eat it which means more expense. I personaly wouldn’t touch any of the mashes that have vitamins and minerals in them as most have to much sugar or energy for my horse. If I had a horse that suited one of them I’d use them. But currently a mash of alfabeet and micronised linseed works for mine, I adjust it according to workload and just add a vitamin and mineral supplement. I’ve just started adding dodson and horrel slim down to tempt her to eat her electrolytes. So while mine may not be the most simple ‘wholesome’ feeding regime it’s low in sugar which is what Miri says every horse should be on as it will eliminate every bad behaviour. Just need to sell myself so haygain gift me a steamer so I can feed hay and be absolutely perfect in Miri’s feeding fantasy regime.
You forgot all the premier performance supplements!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.