Equestrian Influencers #16 Meg’s breeding, Tina’s speeding, Ray’s over-feeding, Mumchausen’s misleading

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As you were.

TLDR
Meg continues to look for what she already has at home. Ari remains MIA.
Emily finally has some success with Addie and looks to be onwards and upwards.
RTG has a mare with a crest a stallion would be proud of.
Tina has learnt the art of the measured approach to SJ, but will she take it home to her ponios?
Mumchausen is treading on sketchy waters with her continuing to film her medically challenged child.
Justine is awesome and welcome back to the saddle for Lucy.

We are sick of sponsorships and want to watch pretty ponies.

(Thanks to @hippolife for the thread title)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Re Megs latest vlog- Did we get the whole “Guess my dressage score?” Because I’m not watching it if they haven’t included it! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Natalie MacGoldrick has done another 'controversial' post slagging off fat riders. She doesn't care if it offends 25% of her followers. The heavy rider debate is one thing, but my God, NmcG is so opinionated its amazing she had any clients at all.

Reactions: 6
Omg. There's never been a truer saying that horses are great leveller - and omg sometimes some ppl need it. The arrogance of meg dripping in expensive/sponsored gear and having her boots cleaned for her by han (the hand maid), guessing her dressage score before even putting a foot in the stirrup! Meanwhile fair play to em. Hopefully addie is turning the corner but at least em is appreciative for what she has and is humble. (The voice over of megs dressage is nauseating - and lazy of meg to not do some voice-over of....)
---
Also what I don't understand is how could one be looking for a novice level horse but yet, get completely psyched out by a decent sized be100. But there was also an element of in her sj: if I can't be guaranteed to finish on dressage, she couldnt be bothered....

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Omg. There's never been a truer saying that horses are great leveller - and omg sometimes some ppl need it. The arrogance of meg dripping in expensive/sponsored gear and having her boots cleaned for her by han (the hand maid), guessing her dressage score before even putting a foot in the stirrup! Meanwhile fair play to em. Hopefully addie is turning the corner but at least em is appreciative for what she has and is humble. (The voice over of megs dressage is nauseating - and lazy of meg to not do some voice-over of....)
---
Also what I don't understand is how could one be looking for a novice level horse but yet, get completely psyched out by a decent sized be100. But there was also an element of in her sj: if I can't be guaranteed to finish on dressage, she couldnt be bothered....
That vlog was absolutely painful to watch, I’m all for a bit of fun and jokes but at this point it’s all just gotten rather childish. Meg clearly isn’t ready for 100 and I’m not sure why she’s forcing it and putting herself through all this, she was clearly very rattled because of the way she was speaking at 100mph and constantly repeating herself for the last ten/fifteen minutes of the vlog.
If she’s determined to do 100 then she needs to put the work in. This is the conflict we all spoke of last year, the influencing against the riding, I suppose less impact at lower levels but at 100 something has to give and money is winning and i don’t blame her to be honest.

Reactions: 7
That vlog was absolutely painful to watch, I’m all for a bit of fun and jokes but at this point it’s all just gotten rather childish. Meg clearly isn’t ready for 100 and I’m not sure why she’s forcing it and putting herself through all this, she was clearly very rattled because of the way she was speaking at 100mph and constantly repeating herself for the last ten/fifteen minutes of the vlog.
If she’s determined to do 100 then she needs to put the work in. This is the conflict we all spoke of last year, the influencing against the riding, I suppose less impact at lower levels but at 100 something has to give and money is winning and i don’t blame her to be honest.
She’s got no excuse for not prepping for BE100. I’m sure lots would watch lesson vlogs but I guess her sponsors aren’t paying for them so they don’t appear I highly doubt she has had many or we would know about them.

As you were.

TLDR
Meg continues to look for what she already has at home. Ari remains MIA.
Emily finally has some success with Addie and looks to be onwards and upwards.
RTG has a mare with a crest a stallion would be proud of.
Tina has learnt the art of the measured approach to SJ, but will she take it home to her ponios?
Mumchausen is treading on sketchy waters with her continuing to film her medically challenged child.
Justine is awesome and welcome back to the saddle for Lucy.

We are sick of sponsorships and want to watch pretty ponies.

(Thanks to @hippolife for the thread title)
This might be the best title yet.

Reactions: 4
She’s got no excuse for not prepping for BE100. I’m sure lots would watch lesson vlogs but I guess her sponsors aren’t paying for them so they don’t appear I highly doubt she has had many or we would know about them.
It's just asking for fail at the end of the day. Maybe she did want something to go wrong to sort of have a narrative/timeline for her content 🤔 Probs not the case though

Reactions: 1
---
as always, I’ll put my disclaimer in that I like Meg.

I don’t find her vlogs nauseating like so many of you. Are they a bit OTT, yes!
---
Disclaimer: I’m a Meg fan.
But this comment is uncalled for. Being an influencer is her FT job. Why wouldn’t she be ‘dripping’ in items provided to her to advertise? It’s literally her job.

I’m getting sick of people acting like she’s taking advantage of Han. Han has her own sponsors whom she got off the back of being associated with Meg.

The whole Meg hate is getting boring now.

Is she overbitting Jam? Yes, absolutely. Is her riding questionable at the moment? Yes!

But don’t hate on her for literally doing her FT job!

She also clearly says she was there for a DC for a regional final place. Why push and go XC when it’s not your day? She did the right thing by withdrawing. Bit of she had gone XC so many people would vilify her for that too after the SJ. She literally can’t win.

• Sick
Reactions: 13

But this comment is uncalled for. Being an influencer is her FT job. Why wouldn’t she be ‘dripping’ in items provided to her to advertise? It’s literally her job.

I’m getting sick of people acting like she’s taking advantage of Han. Han has her own sponsors whom she got off the back of being associated with Meg.

Is she overbitting Jam? Yes, absolutely. Is her riding questionable at the moment? Yes!

She also clearly says she was there for a DC for a regional final place. Why push and go XC when it’s not your day? She did the right thing by withdrawing. Bit of she had gone XC so many people would vilify her for that too after the SJ. She literally can’t win.
I don’t usually mind her blogs at all and certainly have no hate for her but the last vlog was just a bit too juvenile for my taste. I don’t blame her for taking the money while she can because who knows how long it will last but without horses they won’t be interested in her and if she’s not taking the time to do the work with the horses where does that leave the vlog?

Reactions: 5
Yes I agree to some extent. Jam is supposed to be an athlete not a pleasure ride, so she needs to be trained as such. Also why is she looking for another BE 100/Novice potential horse if influencing takes up all her time, so she doesn't have time to train Jam?

I don’t usually mind her blogs at all and certainly have no hate for her but the last vlog was just a bit too juvenile for my taste. I don’t blame her for taking the money while she can because who knows how long it will last but without horses they won’t be interested in her and if she’s not taking the time to do the work with the horses where does that leave the vlog?
the last one definitely came across that way’ I’ll agree with that. Probably because she had to use footage she normally wouldn’t to make the video a certain length. Probably a caveat of whoever sponsored it.

dunno about everyone else but I get bored of Facebook videos if they’re more than 3 mins. But YT I like them half an hour or more?

Brilliant thread title!
I like Meg circa 2021 vlogs the best I think. Training competing, pre badminton success. Driven and consistent.
I think Hans done pretty well out of being her friend, she's not the most active in socials and she wouldn't have a quarter as many followers without meg, so I'm sure she won't mind giving her boots a quick clean before she goes in the ring.
I think what I mainly take away from it is how much all her friends and family want her to do well, and want to help her and film her and give up weekends for it.
Yes she's probably paying them now, but she wasn't in the begining so I think she must be a decent person and I also think she lifts those around her up, promoting them and sharing her success with them.... (Unlike Tina, who I find puts others down in a backhanded way, saying things in her vlogs that haven't been announced yet in others, ruining their surprises or capturing vlogs, always talking all over the filming she does for Em or I actually think not concentrating and cutting off her head in some of the piggy jumping videos!!)

Reactions: 5
She literally can’t win.
[/QUOTE]
Everyone is entitled to their opinion here and post Badminton, I praised megs' achievements. What rankles about that particular vlog is the arrogance and attitude at the start before she psyched herself out. What Ashley Harrison, justine ward, Emily, els eventing and Tina all share is humility, gratitude for their privilege and above all else, their appreciation for their horses. Megs latest vlog didn't demonstrate alot of that - and that's interesting in itself. For anyone who hasn't seen els eventings latest: she didn't have a great day at her event. But how she vlogged it was the complete opposite. Els provided a mature, calm assessment of what went wrong - and how to improve, with horse welfare and education front and center. And as such, a far better example for younger viewers

• Heart
I agree about Tina giving the backhanded compliments. I’m sure Han gets paid, I think she’s a great addition to every blog she’s in. One thing no one’s mentioned is her brother was getting married in 3 days and Hobbit wasn’t there. I think Meg was just a bit mentally overextended, as one tends to be at different points in their career/small business ownership/entrepreneurship etc.

I personally want Meg to get a horse and level up. I enjoy watching her challenge herself. Is she distracted and sort of half-assing everything right now? Yeah, but I don’t think she’s cocky. I think she’s trying to grow and challenge herself both in business and with her horsemanship.
---
She literally can’t win.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion here and post Badminton, I praised megs' achievements. What rankles about that particular vlog is the arrogance and attitude at the start before she psyched herself out. What Ashley Harrison, justine ward, Emily, els eventing and Tina all share is humility, gratitude for their privilege and above all else, their appreciation for their horses. Megs latest vlog didn't demonstrate alot of that - and that's interesting in itself. For anyone who hasn't seen els eventings latest: she didn't have a great day at her event. But how she vlogged it was the complete opposite. Els provided a mature, calm assessment of what went wrong - and how to improve, with horse welfare and education front and center. And as such, a far better example for younger viewers
[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure all those you just referenced (and I watch also) are not content creators full-time. Meg is a business woman. There’s a reason her sponsors take her seriously because she takes herself seriously. She buys the nicer camera, hires the cameraman, figures out how to shoutout every single person she’s worked with in her vlogs. No shame in that, IMO.

Last edited:
She literally can’t win.
[/QUOTE]
I haven’t seen Megs latest….. But even though I don’t follow her now, I used to and watched all of her vlogs right from the very beginning when she first started. I used to love her training vlogs at home, and her eventing vlogs back when she had Bear and Lara, those were the days when she was confident and didn’t have too much of an issue with strides and jumping bigger fences. Overall I loved watching her vlogs. Since the last year or so, she changed, became too up herself, the eventing vlogs and the road to Badminton became repetitive, I think her whole attitude has changed into a spoilt brat, and I unfollowed her…. Their breeding programme is ridiculous, and what they are breeding is clearly far from what Meg is looking for. Her confidence crisis when she was at Lucinda’s yard was utterly ridiculous, because Tina’s horse was going better than she was. We all have our own reasons for who we watch and don’t, and they are not all our “cup of tea”.
As for ELS eventing, I agree with you! She’s mature, took on board how her day went and hasn’t had a meltdown over it. Her voice over was super brilliant.

There’s plenty of threads on here that I find boring, but I don’t make a thread complaining about it, because isn’t this what Tattle is about? Putting our own opinions across? No one has hated on Meg, they have just simply commented on what they think, the same as any other vlogger/influencer, the same as you have your opinions.

• Heart
Also what I don't understand is how could one be looking for a novice level horse but yet, get completely psyched out by a decent sized be100.
She isn't looking for a Novice level horse. She is looking for a horse that has what it takes to eventually get to Novice, while openly acknowledging that she herself may never get there. I don't know why people keep repeating that she's looking for a Novice level horse when she clearly isn't.

She isn't looking for a Novice level horse. She is looking for a horse that has what it takes to eventually get to Novice, while openly acknowledging that she herself may never get there. I don't know why people keep repeating that she's looking for a Novice level horse when she clearly isn't.
People like taking snippets of what others say and changing it to suit their narrative. Plus I think it’s odd she’s looking for a young hose when she has 2 in the field and is seeminlgy to busy to prep one horse for an event. If she hasn’t gelled with the two she bred that’s fine just admit in and either sell them or keep them as a field ornaments. If it was me I’d be getting Ari and Winnie going then selling them if I hadn’t gelled with them. There would be a much bigger budget for a horse then.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.