Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Alfie1234

VIP Member
When I found this site, I thought it was going to be filled with hatred and anger. I have found that to not be true at all and mostly similar to conversation you would have around the water cooler at work or over a coffee. As we are in a niche circle of interest, this site does a great job to bring people with like minded interests together.
People in yards across the country are having the same conversations about these individuals, it is just they just do not know and can live in denial.
It is easier to blame this site being full of hateful and hurtful liar's than look internally at the feedback. (Don't get me wrong, I have one person blocked/ignored as they just say pointless and stupid stuff)
Wonderful post and spot on the money! I’ve learned a lot from people on here, my knowledge isn’t remotely up to date as I’ve not had a horse for many years now and am not physically well enough to, but I do know that if I were to be able to do it again there’s a lot I’d do differently because of some of the conversations here. So thank you horrible bunch 😂😂😂.
Funny how no one mentions how happy everyone was on Saturday for Em? That we were actively checking the website to see how she’d done? How much support Justine gets, especially as an older and less polished influencer, nothing but praise for her and what she’s doing. Happiness for Lucy that she’s recovered well from her illness and is doing splendidly with Ember and seems to have a rather nice young man lurking around.
Such miserable unkind people! If only we didn’t have opinions about obese horses, parents exploring their children, shitty riding and poor husbandry. Must remember to #bekind next time Mumchausen posts a photo of her unconscious child in an ambulance, after all she’s only doing it to help and inspire, nothing to do with wanting a new trailer or new saddles. Frankie, you are amazing and I sincerely hope none of your life being used like this has any negative impact on you.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

JMx89

Don't dish it if you can't take it, sorry we didn't all get our pitchforks out over something we only have your word for anyway 🤷‍♀️
This person clearly seems unstable or mentally ill. Anyway, I went straight to the source earlier. Maybe a bit unconventional on this site, but I thought she deserved a heads up either way. There are so many things discussed on here that actually affect horse welfare, I personally have more of a problem with those people

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 28

acwd

Not hating what really confused me on week this esme is show jumping with joey and the next week joey is a dressage horse. For horse that was bought and trained for competitions he does very little shows . Casper seems to just be a happy hacker and doesn’t seem to do arena work or jump anymore . She was referring to Casper as old she got a bit of a backlash for saying it as he only was turning 17 . she treats him like a horse in his 20s when he’s only 17.
Just wait until you hear about this thing called eventing… THREE different disciplines 😱😱

• Haha
Reactions: 25

littlelessbloom

I kind of feel for Sprite, she’s getting worked 6 days a week and ridden over small jumps. I get the hacking out on walks, but I’m not sure why Emily continues to canter her down tracks and is still jumping her. Surely Sprite is now owed her retirement? This horse owes Emily nothing, and whilst Sprite is looking fabulous for her grand age, will she ever be retired, or is Emily still working her for her own entertainment? The poor thing has probably worked most of her life.
I think there’s the argument of while she is still saying yes to things, why shouldn’t Emily be still enjoying her? Sometimes it’s when you slow horses down that they start having problems

Reactions: 23

Kellyv1

When I found this site, I thought it was going to be filled with hatred and anger. I have found that to not be true at all and mostly similar to conversation you would have around the water cooler at work or over a coffee. As we are in a niche circle of interest, this site does a great job to bring people with like minded interests together.
People in yards across the country are having the same conversations about these individuals, it is just they just do not know and can live in denial.
It is easier to blame this site being full of hateful and hurtful liar's than look internally at the feedback. (Don't get me wrong, I have one person blocked/ignored as they just say pointless and stupid stuff)

• Heart

Alfie1234

VIP Member
IIRC two kids are mentioned, Harlow and Frankie and there has been nothing but nice things said about them, both are polite, nice riders and clearly love their ponies. The problem is with their mothers! Mothers exploiting young and vulnerable children, for clicks, sponsorships and money. Also seem to remember that’s what Sophie got called out for too, putting her new born baby at risk by lunging with him either in a pram right next to her or even worse with him in a sling.

I guess the truth doesn’t play well into their victimhood mentality though.

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
Another who couldn’t care less about Ari not working. He’s a horse, he has no ambitions other than eating his way through life and messing about with his field buddies. If she wants to keep him as a pet forever then so be it. There’s obviously a reason for leaving him and she’s choosing not to share it. Despite what people might think, she has no obligation to tell anybody what she is doing with her horses and why.
As for whether she’s got time and space for all these horses, again, that’s her business. Her fields don’t look particularly overgrazed or rammed full of horses so I’m fairly sure she has the land to have a few ornaments sitting pretty.

Reactions: 21

Easypeeler

They're bloody stupid naming Tattle, it will only open people eyes. Like someone else said I expected to come on and be horrified when Tina's post sent me this way... but I actually thought.... They have a valid point.
There are a couple of members who are unkind for unkindness sakes but I like to think it's not ever gone unquestioned.
And I'm going to add, don't do irresponsible/reprehensible/questionable things and you'll not be mentioned on here in any way but positive! I.e. don't share your child medical intricacies, don't weigh 5st over 20% of a fit healthy horses weight let alone a grossly fat one, and don't stick the same saddle on in a one size fits all sweep (and all other bizarre tack choices made) because people aren't just going to lap it up, people are going to query it.
Social licence in and around the Equestrian World are becoming huge talking points.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Clariecakes

VIP Member
Ok, so Ari at 6 must be in work but sprite at 25 (or however old she is) must be retired - is this the law according to tattle or are the owners of said horses allowed to do as they feel best suite their horses?
I like having the ability to speak openly about the influencers and call them out on shady behaviour but the self righteousness of some on here about what people should and shouldn’t be doing with their horses is getting a bit much.

Last edited:
  • Heart

whatsgoingonworld

Chatty Member
Anyone watched hansequine / aspenlondon latest OF vids? Do you think it is right that she is riding Choccy naked?
You watch her OF vids?!?! I’m assuming you’ve paid to watch her content, so why bother to do that to then criticise? Very weird to bring that here to be honest.

Last edited:

littlelessbloom

I’m entitled to an opinion. The mare is 30+, Sprite seems a willing horse and some horses can hide little physical issues. I just feel sorry for her, it’s the jumping and cantering along those tracks, and the ridden work 6 days a week that make me feel for her.
Sprite is 25. You’re entitled to your own opinion, but please at least get the facts right.

• Haha
  • Heart

Alfie1234

VIP Member
My three of the day:
  • YouTube: Matt Harnacke and Jesse Drent take over what looks like a huge yard (where Matt keeps the stallions) and there are cryptic hints in the video that there are HUGE changes and "everything" will change... Are they breaking up? (But why lease a whole equestrian center together if so?) Moving house? Something else, but what?
  • Instagram; Carl Hedin is at the Word Breeding Championship for Young Horses with his lovely black stallion. Also brought the dog. Worth keeping an eye on for beautiful riding, a beautiful horse and he's not too shabby to look at either.
  • YouTube: Alanna Clarke explaining about Ella. I knew the story of the eye, but what is more incredible is the difference from when she got the mare to now. Bloody hell. Hard to believe it's the same horse.
Hmmm, Matt & Jesse, my first thought was a baby?

Evie’s new vlog is fab, so pleased for her winning with Maggie, well deserved she’s such a hard working girl and just gets on with it.

Mumchausen needs to get in the bin and just stop, she’s practically a parody account at this point. Apparently all Snow Whites joints were subluxing throughout camp, but being the all around paragon of childhood that she is she managed to bravely ride though all her joints falling out and compete in pony club games, showjumping and cross country, while wearing spurs and guiding her young pony with the skilful expertise of Saint Francis of Assisi combined with Monty Roberts and Pippa Funnell. Meanwhile the amazing assistance dog, who only a couple of months ago was just a pet, has managed with no training whatsoever to not only be able to alert to Snow Whites seizures but also those of strangers just sat watching, he truly is an exceptional dog! They also managed to keep SWs seizures at bay all day until she got to the car at 4.00pm, not sure how that works really, maybe there are special drugs for saints attending pony club camp? Also unsure about the insurance and responsibility side of having such a seriously ill child at camp, putting herself and others at risk. I’m assuming Mumchausen managed to magically be there and hover around at all points. As ever my judgement and sarcasm is reserved entirely for the mother and not the child, she still seems to be a very lovely girl who adores her ponies, it’s just a shame she isn’t allowed to do it with privacy and dignity.

Favourite vlog of the week though has to go to Justine Ward, please don’t ever change these vlogs, they are a joy! Thought her riding in her dressage test was so much more polished, her husband said she’d been having lessons in his voice over and you can tell,she looked really good, hands and upper body were quieter. Jumping as ever is just cracking, he’s such a good horse and she gives him the confidence to do it. Husbands commentary of “whheeeee” as she goes over jumps is so funny. I just love the realness of these vlogs, they’re not remotely polished and refined and they’re all the better for it, the part where she’s finished doing the horses and is about to go in, soaking wet, hair a mess and can barely see because her glasses are wet and covered in hay and straw is just every horse owner out there! Best part was her unveiling of her new saddle to her incredulous husband who thinks it’s a total waste of money and blames the bastards who told her she was fat so she lost weight and now doesn’t have such a big arse, Justine meanwhile is just lovingly stroking her new saddle 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
Sophie Seymour hasn’t been mentioned since thread 11. We’re now on thread 16. That must have been some digging considering she just ‘stumbled upon’ tattle.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Easypeeler

If I was debating who to keep and who to sell if the Elphicks lot then I'd sell Moose. (Obviously on weaning. And that's clearly the plan)
I'd also sell Millie and Bryni and Ettie.
I'd look honestly at Whinnie try her next Spring in some 70s and if not going to do 90 sell her too.
Ari would be sold too, because he isnt ticking Megan's boxes for whatever mystery reason.
I'd keep an eye on Brego or whatever it's called and if he didn't straighten up he'd be gone too 😂
I'd be ruthless, cos you know what, other people would enjoy them and Meg doesn't need them -just because they're influencer doesn't mean they're obliged to keep every single horse ever.

If a horse isn't working out or suited to your plans there's no obligation to keep it forever and ever wasting away in a field.

If Millie is so awful according to some of you, bad confirmation, not sound, maybe just PTS so she's not passed around.
So that would leave me wiiiith

Jam
Dee
Bear
Dee x Marley foal
Bear X (something exciting like a SJ if I got to choose) foal
New possible Novice Horse.

Bear and Dee in foal together this year
Jam to do BE100
(Maybe Brego to wean)
New Novice horse to school and bring on.

Nice and tidy. 😁
Ohh it's like playing fantasy football or something. 🤣🤭🤗
What would you do?

• Haha
Reactions: 18

unicorn fairy

VIP Member
People are curious to Ari’s disappearance because purely because Megs full time job is telling her ponies stories for a living. I’m no Meg fan but I’m curious to know the issue, because this horse was the best horse in her eyes and she mention’s everything about her horses! There’s no need to get cranky about people’s questions about it, isn’t that why we are here?
I’m sure if he was injured we would have heard about it already, if he’s been bucking her off, I doubt we would have heard about it.

Reactions: 18

Spearo11

Why does anyone who says something that isn't entirely positive about Meg have to pull the "I'm not a meg hater card" and then explain what tattle is about because people jump all over it 😭 why can't we all just state our own opinions without other posters getting offended 😭 unless it's downright horrible, which it never is about Meg either. It's just so boring guys, please stop being so sensitive 😳

Reactions: 17

irishmare

While I do have a huge problem with the Elphick's unethical backyard breeding, I do not have a problem with them offering Moose for sale now. It is very common in the breeding world to sell foals in utero, let alone at a few months old. It secures a home at weaning, meaning they can just be weaned and it's over and done with, no stress about where to keep any extras. While I personally wouldn't choose to breed from Bryni at this stage in her life, at least Moose is a purebred Welsh pony, and a very pretty one at that, so will generally be quite marketable. Anyone saying how ridiculous it is that he's already being offered for sale needs to have a look at proper breeding programmes, this is very much "the done thing."

Alfie1234

VIP Member
Come now you all know we can’t say anything negative about Megan. Her fandom are here in their droves.

I think she doesn’t like him. Plain and simple. She doesn’t like riding him but I think Hobit likes him but isn’t brave enough to ride him so he is still there. Probably going to be sold in the run up to winter coming with a we can’t keep them all guys video.
Her fandom? 😂😂😂😂 I’m 55, I’m in no one’s fandom, especially a girl young enough to be my daughter. I’m just bored of reading the same repetitive conversation over a pony in a field and confused as to why people are so wound up over it. If he was being mistreated I could understand it 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart