Equestrian Influencers #16 Meg’s breeding, Tina’s speeding, Ray’s over-feeding, Mumchausen’s misleading

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sprite strikes me as the type who enjoys her work. Some buzzy types fade away when they retire and arthritis suddenly seems to set in once they stop. I see absolutely nothing wrong with what Em does with her.

I vaguely know the horse that Harlow White rides so I showed my daughter and we watched the video at Barbury. After saying how awful kid influencers are, and how spoilt she must be, we ended up really enjoying the video, thinking she was a very nice rider, and realising that it was SO refreshing to watch a riding vlog with no sad confidence crisis in it and also someone who carries on to make the most of the day despite having less than perfect rounds 😄
Harlow comes across as a lovely little girl. She doesn’t blame her ponies if things go wrong, she can take criticism given to her in lessons, she is polite and has time for everyone and despite being far more of a ‘celebrity’ than Meg, she is not at all up herself. I know people like to criticise Chelsea but she has raised a very polite and likeable child who had every reason to become a brat but is absolutely not. Fair play to Chelsea for that.
Their recent vlog where they both went to Portugal was actually good fun and even Chelsea came across really well.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Ok, so Ari at 6 must be in work but sprite at 25 (or however old she is) must be retired - is this the law according to tattle or are the owners of said horses allowed to do as they feel best suite their horses?
I like having the ability to speak openly about the influencers and call them out on shady behaviour but the self righteousness of some on here about what people should and shouldn’t be doing with their horses is getting a bit much.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Ok, so Ari at 6 must be in work but sprite at 25 (or however old she is) must be retired - is this the law according to tattle or are the owners of said horses allowed to do as they feel best suites their horses?
I like having the ability to speak openly about the influencers and call them out of shady behaviour but the self righteousness of some on here about what people should and shouldn’t be doing with their horses is getting a bit much.
Horses should be in work from 4-18! That’s it no more or no less god don’t you know anything 🙈😂
---
Sprite strikes me as the type who enjoys her work. Some buzzy types fade away when they retire and arthritis suddenly seems to set in once they stop. I see absolutely nothing wrong with what Em does with her.

Harlow comes across as a lovely little girl. She doesn’t blame her ponies if things go wrong, she can take criticism given to her in lessons, she is polite and has time for everyone and despite being far more of a ‘celebrity’ than Meg, she is not at all up herself. I know people like to criticise Chelsea but she has raised a very polite and likeable child who had every reason to become a brat but is absolutely not. Fair play to Chelsea for that.
Their recent vlog where they both went to Portugal was actually good fun and even Chelsea came across really well.
I’ve never watched Harlow but the snippets I’ve seen she doesn’t come across as a brat like most of the others who’s parents cart them round so they can enjoy their hobby.

Reactions: 3
When I first learned to ride there was a pony at the riding school who was 40(!!) and still in work on lessons. They had tried to retire him but he became really withdrawn and missed the work. Obviously he only did lead rein walk and trot with no jumping etc, but he was such a pro - he'd even learned to pose for photos

Reactions: 2
Ok, so Ari at 6 must be in work but sprite at 25 (or however old she is) must be retired - is this the law according to tattle or are the owners of said horses allowed to do as they feel best suite their horses?
I like having the ability to speak openly about the influencers and call them out on shady behaviour but the self righteousness of some on here about what people should and shouldn’t be doing with their horses is getting a bit much.
Oh dear…. You’re certainly getting your wires crossed here.
No one is saying Ari should be in work, it’s the whole where has he gone “point”, it doesn’t add up.
You have no right to dictate to anyone here on there opinions, I’m sure you’ve given plenty of your own opinions.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Interesting that her BE info is wrong. Obviously doesn’t necessarily matter as she’s not competing her anymore, just interesting.
Tbh at that age having had her for that long you’d be fairly likely to get it wrong by a year or 2

This was mentioned in Jan 2022
So she’s neither of the ages you’ve previously suggested? That mare will let Em know when she’s ready to retire, I expect she enjoys going out hacking and popping small jumps.
---
Tbh at that age having had her for that long you’d be fairly likely to get it wrong by a year or 2
I’ve been getting my dogs age wrong, my horse is easy whatever year we are in is her age. 😂😂😂😂😂

Reactions: 4
I was still doing pleasure rides on an old mare of mine up until her 30th year. In fact, the last one I took her on she took off on me :LOL: she passed away at the age of 40.

Or the above could be a typo? Either way, she looks very happy and healthy.
100% agree - whether she is 25 or 28, the mare is not giving any sign that she needs to retire. Em is having fun with her and surely it’s up to Em to decide when to retire her. It’s not as if she is competing her and hammering her every weekend. Plus, like I said before, I think older horses that are kept in regular work tend to last longer than horses that are retired JUST BECAUSE they reach a certain age (obviously, I’m not talking about horses who have physical ailments that force a retirement)

Reactions: 7
SUKO III PREDICTIONS:

Meg: flaunting around with all her sponsors she doesn’t use #airup 😂 #spon #spon #spon
Lucy: complaining it’s cold but actually making the most out of being there and using this time to get back into the swing of things after what sounds like a pretty crappy 2023 so far.
Tina: talking over EVERYONE. ALL. THE. TIME!! (Let someone else speak woman and it’s rude to interrupt when someone else is talking). #overthenarassim 🙄
Em: I think this is where we’ll see the biggest improvement with Addie compared to SUKO II

All in all, I think it’ll be a good one if they all focus on what they’re actually there for instead of fighting over camera time!

accurate? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
SUKO III PREDICTIONS:

Meg: flaunting around with all her sponsors she doesn’t use #airup 😂 #spon #spon #spon
Lucy: complaining it’s cold but actually making the most out of being there and using this time to get back into the swing of things after what sounds like a pretty crappy 2023 so far.
Tina: talking over EVERYONE. ALL. THE. TIME!! (Let someone else speak woman and it’s rude to interrupt when someone else is talking). #overthenarassim 🙄
Em: I think this is where we’ll see the biggest improvement with Addie compared to SUKO II

All in all, I think it’ll be a good one if they all focus on what they’re actually there for instead of fighting over camera time!

accurate? 😂
prefacing with I've never actually watched SUKO but, I think this would actually be a more interesting one just based on the horses, especially compared to the first one. The first they all had their "top" more experienced horse (Dee, Lola, Laragh, Banks) but now 3/4 (assuming Tina is taking Banks not Louie) will be younger/less experienced in Winnie, Addie, and Ember. Catering to greener horses would be more interesting imo than watching amateurs on nice amateur-level horses pop round 90cm courses

Reactions: 7
Although I do like Miri, this latest post about 'feeding simple feeds' has irrationally irriated me :ROFLMAO: I remember just last year or possibly the year before that she was raving about only feeding her horses D&H suregrow and micronised linseed and spirulina was the 'game changer'. Bring in a new sponsor and now speedibeet is the one to go to.
And yes, I understand that people do (and should) change their ideas on feeding as and when needed, but if you look at the 'What I Feed My Horses' vlogs she has put out, there is one every 2 years with conflicting info (except for the Premier Performance CZ supplements - sponsor).
It's like a fashion show for feed.
But yeah, as I said, I am irrationally irritated as I realise she needs to make money from sponsorship.
Also - Blondie looks extremely 'well' in the promo photo.

1691404473570.png

---
SUKO III PREDICTIONS:

accurate? 😂
Yes, Meg will have Winnie booted to the eyes in LeMeiux and it will be interesting to see the mare in action as we haven't seen much beyond a very short arena hire.
Tina will most definitely talk over everyone and have some sort of crisis.
Lucy will hopefully shine through now that Ember is understanding more.
Em and Addie will be the stars of the show I reckon, which will set Meg's teeth on edge.

I wonder who will host it as Jenny R has left, I believe? Cam will definitely be there (he alluded to it in Tina's latest vlog). Hopefully Simon Grieve and looking forward to an interesting dressage instructor. I wonder where they will be? Tina said she didn't know yet. Maybe back to Nodwood?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
So Kate Davis has spent a lot of money putting in a surfaced track but is showing her horse out a grass.
I get it, I love a track system, I have a cheap, simple grass track.
I just wish I had lots of money to throw at these things like she does 😫

Although I do like Miri, this latest post about 'feeding simple feeds' has irrationally irriated me :ROFLMAO: I remember just last year or possibly the year before that she was raving about only feeding her horses D&H suregrow and micronised linseed and spirulina was the 'game changer'. Bring in a new sponsor and now speedibeet is the one to go to.
And yes, I understand that people do (and should) change their ideas on feeding as and when needed, but if you look at the 'What I Feed My Horses' vlogs she has put out, there is one every 2 years with conflicting info (except for the Premier Performance CZ supplements - sponsor).
But yeah, as I said, I am irrationally irritated as I realise she needs to make money from sponsorship.

View attachment 2362701
---

Yes, Meg will have Winnie booted to the eyes in LeMeiux and it will be interesting to see the mare in action as we haven't seen much beyond a very short arena hire.
Em and Addie will be the stars of the show I reckon, which will set Meg's teeth on edge.

I wonder who will host it as Jenny R has left, I believe? Cam will definitely be there (he alluded to it in Tina's latest vlog). Hopefully Simon Grieve and looking forward to an interesting dressage instructor. I wonder where they will be? Tina said she didn't know yet. Maybe back to Nodwood?
I’m surprised she’s feeding alfa a. It seems to be getting a bad rep atm. And at least she hasn’t gone to some elaborate feeding system, but why do companies sponsor people that has never used their feeds before? Unless Miri has fed speedibeet in the past. And they do micronised linseed so why isn’t that in the picture if she swears by it? It’s put me off buying their feed in the future. So hopefully dengie won’t stop making alfabeet as that’s what I use as theres no added extras unlike fibrebeet. Wasn’t Miri swearing by they hydrate feed before? It’s the one that’s owned by A Sandra or something and she got done by the ASA for miss advertising it and to start with never answered what the other ingredients where in the feed as it was her intellectual property. I’ve probaly waffled on to long for anyone to actually know what I’m on about so if you get it you desevere a gold star.
And as for SUKO field farm where they had it first time around is a great venue. With all the rain we’ve had the grass course will be perfect going. But maybe they will move to a third location as thats not local for any of them but Simon.

View attachment 2362701
---

Yeah, Blondie does look “well”, lol.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.