Equestrian Influencers #16 Meg’s breeding, Tina’s speeding, Ray’s over-feeding, Mumchausen’s misleading

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My curiosity around Ari being in the field is not because I think he's being wasted (although he is gorgeous), but just wondering why. Is he lame, does he keep decking Meg..?

She's historically been so open about the lows as well as the highs, her Badminton fall, Jam's fall, Jam's rehab, Lara. It just makes you wonder why she's not even said one minute of "actually he's really not enjoying the work so I've decided to leave him for now while I'm busy" (aside from saying he was maturing over a year ago). If she just addressed it I don't think anyone would actually care about him being out of work

Reactions: 10
]
My curiosity around Ari being in the field is not because I think he's being wasted (although he is gorgeous), but just wondering why. Is he lame, does he keep decking Meg..?

She's historically been so open about the lows as well as the highs, her Badminton fall, Jam's fall, Jam's rehab, Lara. It just makes you wonder why she's not even said one minute of "actually he's really not enjoying the work so I've decided to leave him for now while I'm busy" (aside from saying he was maturing over a year ago). If she just addressed it I don't think anyone would actually care about him being out of work
I imagine if she’s going to sell him at some point it would be rather foolish to announce any problems?

Reactions: 2
]

I imagine if she’s going to sell him at some point it would be rather foolish to announce any problems?
Who would buy a basically untouched 7 year old though? (he’s 7 next week). I have no issue with him being a field ornament. But the smoke and daggers way she’s handled questions about him winds me up. Yes she’s not obligated to tell us anything, but she’s the one who’s put her life on the internet. So dodging the questions just comes across as very disingenuous tbh. And also just opens the field for speculation.

Reactions: 10
Only just managed to watch Meg’s latest vlog with Winnie, she seems like a super honest mare! I’m looking forward to seeing how they progress together. Did anyone else notice she appears to have changed her into a Fairfax saddle? 👀

Reactions: 3
At risk of being redundant here. I agree Ari, other than being a gelding and half warmblood, is roughly what Meg was asking for in her wanted ad. But as someone mentioned above. He was bred over 6 years ago. A lot can change for someone in 6 years. As long as his physical and emotional needs are being met he is fine to be in the field. If she wants to 'waste' him because she may be attached to a horse she bred, then she can. Because a horse doesn't know if they are 'wasted'.
I doubt Ari cares if he is ridden as he hasn’t done much so doesn’t know any different. I just see it as a waste of money as they spent money breaking him in to them chuck him in a field and do nothing with him. He will be difficult to sell currently, but if they can afford him as a field ornament then it doesn’t matter he is 6 and has done nothing.
---
Only just managed to watch Meg’s latest vlog with Winnie, she seems like a super honest mare! I’m looking forward to seeing how they progress together. Did anyone else notice she appears to have changed her into a Fairfax saddle? 👀
Just Winnie?

Who would buy a basically untouched 7 year old though? (he’s 7 next week).
Is he? I thought he's 6 this time around?

But the smoke and daggers way she’s handled questions about him winds me up.
There is no "smoke and daggers". Why do people think they are owed information about someone else's horse?

but she’s the one who’s put her life on the internet.
So now she must tell everyone everything they want to know? Seriously? Her horse. She doesn't want to discuss it. Nobody's business. Why does the collective Internet lose its mind because someone has a horse in a paddock?
Enough already!

• Haha
Reactions: 8

There is no "smoke and daggers". Why do people think they are owed information about someone else's horse?

So now she must tell everyone everything they want to know? Seriously? Her horse. She doesn't want to discuss it. Nobody's business. Why does the collective Internet lose its mind because someone has a horse in a paddock?
Enough already!
Maybe I got confused on his age. But regardless, they’re still valid points. And clam the hell down! Why do you care so much about people being curious about what’s happening with him? 🤣

Reactions: 5
Come now you all know we can’t say anything negative about Megan. Her fandom are here in their droves.

I think she doesn’t like him. Plain and simple. She doesn’t like riding him but I think Hobit likes him but isn’t brave enough to ride him so he is still there. Probably going to be sold in the run up to winter coming with a we can’t keep them all guys video.

Reactions: 6
Maybe I got confused on his age. But regardless, they’re still valid points. And clam the hell down! Why do you care so much about people being curious about what’s happening with him? 🤣
"Clam the hell down" 😂 😂 I don't care if that was a typo, that's a brilliant retort :ROFLMAO:
Looks like from Lucy's story that they may be heading to SUKO III tomorrow? Not that anyone (except Tina) has actually broken the news, but the hint dropping has begun.

• Haha
Who would buy a basically untouched 7 year old though? (he’s 7 next week). I have no issue with him being a field ornament. But the smoke and daggers way she’s handled questions about him winds me up. Yes she’s not obligated to tell us anything, but she’s the one who’s put her life on the internet. So dodging the questions just comes across as very disingenuous tbh. And also just opens the field for speculation.
I honestly think you’re being rather dramatic about all this, why are you wound up over a strangers horse and what she may or may not be doing with it? I don’t think she’s being remotely disingenuous at all, she clearly doesn’t want to discuss it so maybe people just need to stop asking her because it’s honestly nobodies business but hers.
---

Enough already!
Absolutely! It’s just someone’s pony in a field, he’s not being harmed in anyway, just living his life and no matter how much of her life she shares online she’s not obligated to tell anyone anything.

Has anyone watched Tina’s new vlog? Looking at the thumbnail with Cam’s little speech bubble of “more canter”, is Tina back to going too fast under Cam’s instruction?

I don’t think anyone is wound up about it- I was just remarking she’d said about him being in the field on her stories. But to be fair I do care because I’m interested, not because I think he’s being wasted or I care about her buying another horse when she has one etc- she can do whatever. If she doesn’t tell us I’m fine with it too- I just thought this was the kind of thing we discussed here despite everyone complaining about it 😂 I don’t watch anyone bar Meg nowadays

People are curious to Ari’s disappearance because purely because Megs full time job is telling her ponies stories for a living. I’m no Meg fan but I’m curious to know the issue, because this horse was the best horse in her eyes and she mention’s everything about her horses! There’s no need to get cranky about people’s questions about it, isn’t that why we are here?
I’m sure if he was injured we would have heard about it already, if he’s been bucking her off, I doubt we would have heard about it.

Reactions: 18
Yes, she is. It's ridiculous.
Why would she do this to herself?! He’s no good as a trainer to Tina. It goes against everything that she has learnt over the last few months, you’d think she would be smart enough to realise this! Would he be intimidating as a coach?

I won’t be watching any vlogs with Cam in. I think he’s one of those people who can ride himself but doesn’t seem to have the right eye for teaching people. There’s an awful lot of hot air in what he says and he has people firing far too fast and flat into fences. He’s only young, so perhaps it’s inexperience, but I have no idea why Tina keeps going back there.

Blog of a Cob looks to have put a lot of her weight back on, which is such a shame as she had done really well.

I won’t be watching any vlogs with Cam in. I think he’s one of those people who can ride himself but doesn’t seem to have the right eye for teaching people. There’s an awful lot of hot air in what he says and he has people firing far too fast and flat into fences. He’s only young, so perhaps it’s inexperience, but I have no idea why Tina keeps going back there.
Agreed, he’s a great rider with great results but when I listen to him teaching, it’s like he’s picked up a book of instructor sayings and is just rattling them off without any thought. He’s saying what he thinks he should be saying/what makes him sound like he knows his stuff.

Banksy doesn’t need a faster canter - sorry, “more canter” - no horse does. Most horses can jump 90cm from trot, it’s not the speed that gets them over it.

Reactions: 7
Has anyone watched Tina’s new vlog? Looking at the thumbnail with Cam’s little speech bubble of “more canter”, is Tina back to going too fast under Cam’s instruction?
I just saw the thumbnail and don’t know if I can bare to watch 🫣
---
Agreed, he’s a great rider with great results but when I listen to him teaching, it’s like he’s picked up a book of instructor sayings and is just rattling them off without any thought. He’s saying what he thinks he should be saying/what makes him sound like he knows his stuff.

Banksy doesn’t need a faster canter - sorry, “more canter” - no horse does. Most horses can jump 90cm from trot, it’s not the speed that gets them over it.
As she had a pole in class today my guess is she was going to fast/flat.

I watched it and it was difficult to watch, more so because of Tina's attitude. I can't hack the negativity and insecurity which she projects, so won't be watching more if they are like this. She has such fab opportunities and yet is so needy. Just get on with it or don't. Do what you enjoy and it will shine through.

Em's Week in the Life was a good vlog, very interesting and engaging and no needless chatting on, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.