Equestrian Influencers #16 Meg’s breeding, Tina’s speeding, Ray’s over-feeding, Mumchausen’s misleading

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My thought with Matt and Jesse was that they're possibly adopting? Their new yard is lovely - I wouldn't be able to leave it two-thirds empty though. Surely some liveries would work.

I am SO happy for Evie (ELS Eventing). By far my fav YT channel.
I find her delivery so grating that I can't watch, but she's a good rider doing everything right.

Reactions: 1
thanks for clarifying! Them’s the rules I suppose but still seems unsporting to me. As a pure amateur I’d hate to be up against someone who’s previously been at a high level, no matter how rusty they may be.
The gap between people at grassroots always shocks me - people who have 1 ex racer competing against others that receive regular professional training on £20,000 warmbloods must be pretty bloody annoying.

Reactions: 9
The gap between people at grassroots always shocks me - people who have 1 ex racer competing against others that receive regular professional training on £20,000 warmbloods must be pretty bloody annoying.
Pony leagues in show jumping are for the elite these days, people paying more than 100k for a top tracks JA pony. When I was a teenager you could produce one yourself/with your trainer and do pretty well at those levels

Reactions: 5
It is !!! And Em is doing well on Addie but my god so would I be if I'd had lessons with Piggy. That's my biggest envy tbh - watching my daughter learning dressage tests in our field then competing against influencers who get lessons from Lucinda Fredericks/Piggy March etc. We do have a lovely dressage trainer hut she's hardly in their league.

Reactions: 6
Non equestrian

Help, I Sexted My Boss.
I only listen to Buck off Banter that’s equine related, non equine related Watch What Crappens has me crying with laughter (for anyone that watches Bravo related reality tv) and Psychopedia is a newish True Crime pod that mixes crime with a little humour and is great listening, some truly horrific crimes that I’ve never heard of and I suppose to keep it equine related the episode a couple of weeks ago is called “F*cked to death by a horse” and is about a sex ring in America involving horses. Absolutely blew my mind and bizarrely not illegal in all states.
Think I’ve just outed myself as a Real Housewife watching, true crime listening junkie 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Try Dressage...

It is !!! And Em is doing well on Addie but my god so would I be if I'd had lessons with Piggy. That's my biggest envy tbh - watching my daughter learning dressage tests in our field then competing against influencers who get lessons from Lucinda Fredericks/Piggy March etc. We do have a lovely dressage trainer hut she's hardly in their league.
You know, that's horse sports. There is always someone who has more chances, who had the budget for a much better horse, better coaches, better whatever.

2 lessons with someone like Piggy wouldn't make all the difference in the world (although it has to be said that in Em's case it does seem to have been a turning point.) To say "so would I" is a bit unfair, Em still has to ride the mare and she's not easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Try Dressage...

You know, that's horse sports. There is always someone who has more chances, who had the budget for a much better horse, better coaches, better whatever.

2 lessons with someone like Piggy wouldn't make all the difference in the world (although it has to be said that in Em's case it does seem to have been a turning point.) To say "so would I" is a bit unfair, Em still has to ride the mare and she's not easy.
Not even limited to horse sports. Pretty much any competitive sport you'll have the person with more money for better equipment or more time for more training against someone who has to work a full time job and squeeze in training on the side. It's just life unfortunately, it's not fair and often it does seem like to those that have, more shall be given! I don't ride any more but do archery instead - I'd love to not have to complete against 19yos who live off their parents so can train 8 hours a day and are sponsored to have two top of the line bows and coaching on the national squad against me who gets 4 hours a week if I'm lucky and has to foot the bill for any coaching myself 😂

Try Dressage...

Oh I think Ems done very well with her.

Not even limited to horse sports. Pretty much any competitive sport
I get it, but with horses, it is on a whole different level when a teenager can have a stable full of horses that have cost double-digit Millions.

At the end of the day, life isn't fair and we all make the best out of the cards we were dealt. In the end, talent, hard work, and perseverance still make dreams come true.

I also think that those who have worked the hardest ultimately appreciate whatever they achieve the most.

• Heart
Yep correct. And a horse that is grade 4 / with less than 5 (?) Novice points. Can't remember the exact number but yep.
I best beg borrow or steal a horse then and be quick about getting there. I’d stand no chance if an olympic gold medalist was taking part 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
But I love it when I’m competing in a BE100 section against Oliver Townend or Pippa Funnell. Even better if you finish above them. It’s a thrill.

• Heart
It seems like hill lunging might be a good thing to be doing with Ari as well as Winnie if he needs to gain strength and is too scary to ride 🤔

Attachments

Wimpy writing a whole post about how she had picked the wrong horse and was always terrified of falling off Pat. Pat the lame horse. The horse she, as far as I can tell, wouldn't listen to or be consistent with. God it does your head in doesn't it.

So RWC hasn’t scared the sharer off yet. Interesting how she’s said in her stories she hardly jumps him now. A horse doesn’t care what it’s job is as long as he has food, water, shelter and friends. But that seems like such a waste for such an obviously talented horse. As much as people like to rag on Meg, she got Vossi going beautifully.

I watched an older vlog of Meg’s the other day when she went to visit Holly in Ireland & Holly says she has lovely soft hands. And in that video I agree. And even before her fall at Bicton she wasn’t as extreme with her hands as she is now.

ETA: this shot from her stories is interesting. No wonder brands don’t want to work with her. Her usual ‘I know best’ attitude shining!
---
Lucy definitely soft-launching on her stories!
Possibly, but also possibly easing him in the way Pete was. Seems this new guy might not be adverse to being featured on vlogs at some point.

But in fairness to Lucy. I don’t blame her if she wants to share that she’s found someone and she’s happy. He certainly looks like an upgrade in the looks department.

Attachments

Reactions: 1
So RWC hasn’t scared the sharer off yet. Interesting how she’s said in her stories she hardly jumps him now. A horse doesn’t care what it’s job is as long as he has food, water, shelter and friends. But that seems like such a waste for such an obviously talented horse. As much as people like to rag on Meg, she got Vossi going beautifully.

I watched an older vlog of Meg’s the other day when she went to visit Holly in Ireland & Holly says she has lovely soft hands. And in that video I agree. And even before her fall at Bicton she wasn’t as extreme with her hands as she is now.

ETA: this shot from her stories is interesting. No wonder brands don’t want to work with her. Her usual ‘I know best’ attitude shining!
---

Possibly, but also possibly easing him in the way Pete was. Seems this new guy might not be adverse to being featured on vlogs at some point.

But in fairness to Lucy. I don’t blame her if she wants to share that she’s found someone and she’s happy. He certainly looks like an upgrade in the looks department.
Charlottes not wrong about ASA though.

Reactions: 10
But I love it when I’m competing in a BE100 section against Oliver Townend or Pippa Funnell. Even better if you finish above them. It’s a thrill.
Pretty sure I beat Phoebe Buckly once 😂 although she seems to have disappeared from 5* level.
---

---

Charlotte kinda has a point though and as for Meg she needs to stop worrying about winning and performing perfectly for her vlogs. If she takes the pressure off herself she may chill and ride so much better.

Reactions: 3
Don't know what to make of Tina's latest 'vent' on her reel. Saying she doesn't want to go eventing alone. Surely there are loads of friendly people on hand to have a chat etc. and support? The vast majority of people compete alone. I am sure there are many supporters who would happily come along to lend a hand and groom for her or hold a stirrup. I get that her OH doesn't necessarily want the 4am start :)

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.