Equestrian Influencers #16 Meg’s breeding, Tina’s speeding, Ray’s over-feeding, Mumchausen’s misleading

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What podcasts do people listen to? Been listening to Bucked Off Banter recently. Also funny enough been listening to Erin's Unbridled one

Reactions: 1
I just loooooove Justine Ward! I love her vlogs and I love who she is. We all need a Billy Brody in our lives! A vlog that’s so real, she’s bought herself a new saddle and her husband’s commentary is brilliant! Love you Justine, keep the vlogs real and keep them coming, even with hay and straw on your steamed glasses! 🫶🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So delighted for Carl hedin at the dressage young horse championships, he is enjoying the moment and was so proud of his horse. I really love following him and getting an insight into his thought process.

Also the fact that he jumps and rides dressage at a high level is brilliant.
Did you watch the round? It was poetry! And like you I love how he explains his process and plans.
The horse (all his horses, actually) is stunning, the dog's super cute, and he's rather pleasant to look at. What's not to like?

Reactions: 2
Does anyone know what Han does for a living? I thought she had a new job and had stopped the night shifts?

I always assumed it was something medical but her uniform doesn’t look medical, if that makes sense?

What podcasts do people listen to? Been listening to Bucked Off Banter recently. Also funny enough been listening to Erin's Unbridled one
Equestrian ones: equiratings eventing and when released, sj; major league eventing. The horse podcast isn't that frequent but interesting dressage rider interviews; practical horseman is us centric but good backlog. Global champions tour started off great with super rider interviews but is now just event summaries

Yep she’s entered the 100. Can be found on BE website under each individual event.
I would love to see Justine do badminton GR! Bet she wouldn't have a 15-person pit crew, a teepee, and spend all the time shrieking on free bikes 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Does anyone know what Han does for a living? I thought she had a new job and had stopped the night shifts?

I always assumed it was something medical but her uniform doesn’t look medical, if that makes sense?
She's in corrections, and quit her job but ended up transferring to a diff job in the same place she used to be in. She seemed miserable so idk why she didn't do something else entirely! but more power to her if she can manage it ig

Do Moody Mare Diaries (Joanna & Clare) not ride/compete anymore or just not post about it? Seems like all we see from Clare is updates on her runs 😅

At a guess (an educated one) she is a detention officer in a custody suite.
She was in the call room before judging by the last day images she put up on her stories and then the 9-5 training she had to do.
It is my area of business so I recognise a lot of what she doesn’t say.

Equestrian ones: equiratings eventing and when released, sj; major league eventing. The horse podcast isn't that frequent but interesting dressage rider interviews; practical horseman is us centric but good backlog. Global champions tour started off great with super rider interviews but is now just event summaries
Non equestrian

Help, I Sexted My Boss.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Off topic but I'm moving areas and wondering if anyone knows of any decent livery yards in the Merseyside/Cheshire boarder? Looking for full/part livery services, all year turnout, off road hacking, indoor and outdoor area

I agree but I don’t think she’s eligible? Didn’t she previously ride at 5*?
I confess to knowing next to zero about it but surely if she has a place in a regional final then she must be eligible? as you have to qualify for those? idk though so please feel free to correct me if you know how it actually works!

I agree but I don’t think she’s eligible? Didn’t she previously ride at 5*?
It's only a 10 year restriction.

Theoretically if you compete at 5* at 20 (like Alice Casburn). She could give up higher level for 10 years then spank us mere mortals when she's 30 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The only thing about justine and els is that they aren't glory hunting at lower levels. Els made reference in a vlog that if chasing badminton grassroots, one has to stay at that level for quite a while. Although her maggie isn't the bravest, she is capable of at least one if not two more levels in be. The way donut is progressing: who knows his limit....
Re justine: you also get the sense from her that be100 is almost too easy for brody now so her aspirations are greater too I suspect.....
They might do qualifiers but expect them next summer to be progressing to bigger and better...

Reactions: 4

Theoretically if you compete at 5* at 20 (like Alice Casburn). She could give up higher level for 10 years then spank us mere mortals when she's 30 🤣
So if Laura Collet gave up eventing for 10 years she could come back and enter grass routes?

The only thing about justine and els is that they aren't glory hunting at lower levels. Els made reference in a vlog that if chasing badminton grassroots, one has to stay at that level for quite a while. Although her maggie isn't the bravest, she is capable of at least one if not two more levels in be. The way donut is progressing: who knows his limit....
Re justine: you also get the sense from her that be100 is almost too easy for brody now so her aspirations are greater too I suspect.....
They might do qualifiers but expect them next summer to be progressing to bigger and better...
Yes, I can totally see both Justine and ELS competing at Novice next year.

On another note, just looked at Em's reel of part of her Equireel from Dauntsey. Addie is just flying through the XC, great rhythm and Em is riding her so nicely. I don't mean to compare, but Meg's reels of Jam are so fighty lately, there is no forward rhythm, it's so back and forth due to her always holding her in and not riding the stride. Meg's riding of Jam in every phase other than dressage seems to have become really defensive. It's such a shame. The enjoyment doesn't shine through as much as the others, it seems a constant battle either with herself and her confidence or not trusting her horse. Hope it improves with Winnie.

Was also interesting to hear in Justine's latest vlog about changing Brody's bit as he was snatching at it and flinging his head avoiding contact in the XC.....and did she decide on a Pelham? Nope - decided on a much milder rubber bit as said that the previous snaffle was probably just a bit too much for him. Now that is a great way to view it. She followed it up with saying she'd be trying it out on XC training before their next event to actually make sure she had brakes, but I love her approach.

Reactions: 7

thanks for clarifying! Them’s the rules I suppose but still seems unsporting to me. As a pure amateur I’d hate to be up against someone who’s previously been at a high level, no matter how rusty they may be.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.