Equestrian Influencers #16 Meg’s breeding, Tina’s speeding, Ray’s over-feeding, Mumchausen’s misleading

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see Mumchausen is shilling for a saddle. Just go and get one properly fitted to both your pony and kid if everything is so complicated. Honestly.
Not just one saddle, she’s looking for 2! She mentions the other pony’s saddle is the same. I’m sure the kid does have medical conditions, I genuinely hope she’s nowhere near as ill as that woman makes out because letting her ride jump gallop etc would be reckless at best.
---
Lurked here on & off for a while but who is this? Saddle fits neither horse nor rider. Horse is not “offering” lateral movement (let’s not go into the comment “due to her breeding”) - it’s trying to escape severe discomfort from a badly fitting saddle & a stiff & unbalanced rider. That has to be one of the most uncomfortable home videos I’ve ever seen - why would you even post it?
Completely agree not a fun watch. What a nice little horse to put up with all of that. Rider is very stiff and sitting at the back of the saddle because it’s too small for her. The mare couldn’t work over her back and relax if she tried, poor horse is saying no and being ignored.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
i came here to say this! I cannot believe the brass neck on her. To write all of this and then at the end be like “so we need a saddle but I only have a small budget 🥹” Incredible! I find her absolutely fascinating!
Eurgh how grabby. She has no shame.

Reactions: 5
A step down from 100, must mean she’s only trying to qualify for the 90? That will be a nice confidence round you’d hope!
Possibly like last year she wants a 90 "in the bank" so she can go regardless and then try for 100 at a later qualifier

Reactions: 4
Possibly like last year she wants a 90 "in the bank" so she can go regardless and then try for 100 at a later qualifier
Everyone gets confidence knocks and needs to rebuild. But in reality: was meg ever serious re badminton level be100...im not so sure. At this rate: jam will be the perennial badminton be90 pony...fair enough if no rule against it. But is that merry go round even enjoyable for meg any more? I'd say yes when she's winning or top 3. Otherwise, I'm not sure she's actually enjoying it that much....
Also why doesn't els eventing get more views and subscribers?? Now there's a talented, hardworking girl who has a clue and a great little rider too. Plus one of her horses is essentially a gift - and I wouldn't be one bit surprised if he goes up the levels a long way - the makings of a fairytale journey. A far better watch than many others....

Reactions: 9
Think it has something to do with her being a bit of a glory hunter and knowing she has nowhere near as good of a chance at placing at 100 as 90

Reactions: 10
Also why doesn't els eventing get more views and subscribers?? Now there's a talented, hardworking girl who has a clue and a great little rider too. Plus one of her horses is essentially a gift - and I wouldn't be one bit surprised if he goes up the levels a long way - the makings of a fairytale journey. A far better watch than many others....
This! I thoroughly enjoy this type of content, love watching someone who is learning and has talent and a story to boot

Reactions: 8
Think it has something to do with her being a bit of a glory hunter and knowing she has nowhere near as good of a chance at placing at 100 as 90
Very true. I think that qualifying and finishing at a higher level would be quite an achievement in itself - and more interesting viewing (because we know it's all about content!). It's such a pity she doesn't see it that way.

The bar has been set too high for Jam at 90 and while it will be a challenge, re-setting the goal to 100 level would take the pressure off placing.

This. And if she can get Jam there again and place again, Jam’s value goes up more. I think she’ll end up selling Jam on if/when she gets another horse to be competitive with, whether that’s Winnie or something she buys. With her workload/travel these days I don’t think she can maintain having more than one out competing.

Has Lucy got a new man? Wishing her well in any sense
I spotted someone coming out with her on a bike a week or more ago. Nice looking!
She'll be fine. She is beautiful and seems a lovely person and has great friends, so she'll make her way, with or without a man.
Probably be healthy for her to be single for a while.

Reactions: 11
This just seems really unsporting of her. She’s had her chances, she’s done well, time to aim for a different challenge and let other people have a chance! I’m sure there are plenty of others like her who qualify for grassroots champs year after year and I’d have the same opinion of them- they don’t plaster it all over socials though so I don’t know who they are!

Reactions: 6
This just seems really unsporting of her. She’s had her chances, she’s done well, time to aim for a different challenge and let other people have a chance! I’m sure there are plenty of others like her who qualify for grassroots champs year after year and I’d have the same opinion of them- they don’t plaster it all over socials though so I don’t know who they are!
It does seem a bit unfair that there's no rule on how many times you can go, especially on the same horse and especially when placed! I can understand if you're not in say, the top 20, or on different horses, but it doesn't seem right that someone could be in the top 10 year after year

Reactions: 5
My three of the day:
  • YouTube: Matt Harnacke and Jesse Drent take over what looks like a huge yard (where Matt keeps the stallions) and there are cryptic hints in the video that there are HUGE changes and "everything" will change... Are they breaking up? (But why lease a whole equestrian center together if so?) Moving house? Something else, but what?
  • Instagram; Carl Hedin is at the Word Breeding Championship for Young Horses with his lovely black stallion. Also brought the dog. Worth keeping an eye on for beautiful riding, a beautiful horse and he's not too shabby to look at either.
  • YouTube: Alanna Clarke explaining about Ella. I knew the story of the eye, but what is more incredible is the difference from when she got the mare to now. Bloody hell. Hard to believe it's the same horse.
Hmmm, Matt & Jesse, my first thought was a baby?

Evie’s new vlog is fab, so pleased for her winning with Maggie, well deserved she’s such a hard working girl and just gets on with it.

Mumchausen needs to get in the bin and just stop, she’s practically a parody account at this point. Apparently all Snow Whites joints were subluxing throughout camp, but being the all around paragon of childhood that she is she managed to bravely ride though all her joints falling out and compete in pony club games, showjumping and cross country, while wearing spurs and guiding her young pony with the skilful expertise of Saint Francis of Assisi combined with Monty Roberts and Pippa Funnell. Meanwhile the amazing assistance dog, who only a couple of months ago was just a pet, has managed with no training whatsoever to not only be able to alert to Snow Whites seizures but also those of strangers just sat watching, he truly is an exceptional dog! They also managed to keep SWs seizures at bay all day until she got to the car at 4.00pm, not sure how that works really, maybe there are special drugs for saints attending pony club camp? Also unsure about the insurance and responsibility side of having such a seriously ill child at camp, putting herself and others at risk. I’m assuming Mumchausen managed to magically be there and hover around at all points. As ever my judgement and sarcasm is reserved entirely for the mother and not the child, she still seems to be a very lovely girl who adores her ponies, it’s just a shame she isn’t allowed to do it with privacy and dignity.

Favourite vlog of the week though has to go to Justine Ward, please don’t ever change these vlogs, they are a joy! Thought her riding in her dressage test was so much more polished, her husband said she’d been having lessons in his voice over and you can tell,she looked really good, hands and upper body were quieter. Jumping as ever is just cracking, he’s such a good horse and she gives him the confidence to do it. Husbands commentary of “whheeeee” as she goes over jumps is so funny. I just love the realness of these vlogs, they’re not remotely polished and refined and they’re all the better for it, the part where she’s finished doing the horses and is about to go in, soaking wet, hair a mess and can barely see because her glasses are wet and covered in hay and straw is just every horse owner out there! Best part was her unveiling of her new saddle to her incredulous husband who thinks it’s a total waste of money and blames the bastards who told her she was fat so she lost weight and now doesn’t have such a big arse, Justine meanwhile is just lovingly stroking her new saddle 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
My thought with Matt and Jesse was that they're possibly adopting? Their new yard is lovely - I wouldn't be able to leave it two-thirds empty though. Surely some liveries would work.

I am SO happy for Evie (ELS Eventing). By far my fav YT channel.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.