Equestrian Influencers #10 Be relatable, but not TOO relatable.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The news from Riding with Rhi sounds quite worrying, she’s put in so much efforts with Woody’s rehab, I really feel for her.

Reactions: 3
I know Kate Lewis has massively struggled with the loss of Dreamer but holy duck she’s insane

Reactions: 7
I don't think so! I'm not woo woo in any way and don't believe in ghosts or the supernatural but I think this is a normal part of grief - when my dog died there was a rainbow in the sky so when I see one I feel like it's a message from her and feel very emotional. Saw one yesterday when I was really struggling emotionally and had a little cry. I know logically it's not the case but if it helps you feel connected to someone you've lost I don't see anything wrong.

Reactions: 6
i cant think what else now could be wrong with him?
I’m not sure either, Rhi has talked about his severe hock arthritis before and that his front feet aren’t very good but I don’t think it has been explained about what the scans showed/indicated about the front feet. Then there’s the pedal bone fracture, I’m not sure on where that is up to in healing. He hasn’t been turned out for sometime now and I think it was mentioned that the walking and ridden rehab was intended to build muscle and strength so that he could go back to some time in the field as well as the stable. Very sad for Rhi and Mr Woody, I hope the situation can be turned around.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I’m not sure either, Rhi has talked about his severe hock arthritis before and that his front feet aren’t very good but I don’t think it has been explained about what the scans showed/indicated about the front feet. Then there’s the pedal bone fracture, I’m not sure on where that is up to in healing. He hasn’t been turned out for sometime now and I think it was mentioned that the walking and ridden rehab was intended to build muscle and strength so that he could go back to some time in the field as well as the stable. Very sad for Rhi and Mr Woody, I hope the situation can be turned around.
I don't follow her but I'm sorry..... Reading of those issues sounds deeply deeply unfair to the horse, I genuinely think owners have to have so introspection and let a horse go peacefully out of pain.... How long has this horse been on box rest or rehabbing? I feel like I've read about him being in rehab on here since thread 3?!

Reactions: 5
The news from Riding with Rhi sounds quite worrying, she’s put in so much efforts with Woody’s rehab, I really feel for her.
I am not trying to be mean but I think she wasting her money trying to rehab him . I think she should retire him because a year later with lots of box rest isn’t helping . I don’t think he ever be sound because he can’t stay sound in any work. unfortunately I think she bought a horse that issues but the sellers never said anything because severe arthritis doesn’t appear overnight.

Reactions: 9
Molly & Ella Showjumping sharing a video of Dyanne cantering and jumping on 3 legs again on YouTube shorts like it is something to be proud of
Really can't warm to Ella! I loved watching Molly with Luna - lovely rider and much more personable on camera.

Ella can be a bit short with Molly and she seems to always be vlogging from her bed half asleep? Hope they are not riding unsound horses, because some of the recent reels have been questionable.

They clearly fell out and are now trying to make out everything is fine they filmed outside not in the stables then rushed the ponies onto the lorry turned up to unmade ‘stables’ that look more like pig pens
I'm wondering from Chelsea/ Harlow's point of view if the accident on the horse walker is the last straw. Popcorn has had ulcers ( that might be nothing to do with forest oaks ), the farrier over trimmed his feet ( chelsea mentioned using Cloudy's farrier next time) and the horse walker accident ( I'm assuming the young horse was a dressage horse on the walker unattended with a 13hh ish pony ). Harlow said from what they were told as there are no cameras on the walker, the young horse jumped in, they nibbled each other and the grooms think popcorn whacked his head on a metal bar 🤔. I would not be happy on a state of the art yard like FO to have a young horse put with mine on a walker.

I'm wondering from Chelsea/ Harlow's point of view if the accident on the horse walker is the last straw. Popcorn has had ulcers ( that might be nothing to do with forest oaks ), the farrier over trimmed his feet ( chelsea mentioned using Cloudy's farrier next time) and the horse walker accident ( I'm assuming the young horse was a dressage horse on the walker unattended with a 13hh ish pony ). Harlow said from what they were told as there are no cameras on the walker, the young horse jumped in, they nibbled each other and the grooms think popcorn whacked his head on a metal bar 🤔. I would not be happy on a state of the art yard like FO to have a young horse put with mine on a walker.
I completely agree

Has Rhi ever mentioned if Woodys pedal bone fracture happened before she brought him or if it happened while she owned him? Just curious as I remember her really praising the seller when she viewed (Not saying they knew, but so many dodgy sellers out there)

Has Rhi ever mentioned if Woodys pedal bone fracture happened before she brought him or if it happened while she owned him? Just curious as I remember her really praising the seller when she viewed (Not saying they knew, but so many dodgy sellers out there)
I believe once they had scanned a few times the vets said the fracture was likely to be more recent. I still think the "abscess" he had prior to all of this was the fracture. The rest he likely had before she bought him and I think that may be why she isn't sharing the full details. Which she has every right to do.

I believe once they had scanned a few times the vets said the fracture was likely to be more recent. I still think the "abscess" he had prior to all of this was the fracture. The rest he likely had before she bought him and I think that may be why she isn't sharing the full details. Which she has every right to do.
Thank you, I missed her saying that, and that makes a lot of sense with the abscess. Completely agree with her not sharing everything. I feel really sorry for her especially as you can tell she’s doing everything she can for him, and it must hurt more after being back on him again. Really hoping for some good news for them both.

Reactions: 4
That's actually a very good point. It all seems very uncomfortable and their online presence is usually so slick (and well edited and filmed in advance...) it's been easy to pretend at least to their young target audience that it's all been going fine. I don't think they'll stay at their new yard long though - it doesn't seem well set up for all the filming and sponsor photoshoots etc. I don't think viewers mind a "real" yard (Esme has made hers work and did all the work to make it over herself/with her family) but if Chelsea can find something a bit more polished in the area I reckon they'll be off again.

The question is - why is it on so many equestrian posts :unsure: :confused:? I am so very very tired of YFood ads and seeing the little bottles 'strategically' placed in vlogs and stories.
Yes I think youre onto something here. The marketer in that company is either horsey themselves or has knowledge of horsey people having dodgey eating habits, which lets be real are absolutely ragged throughout the industry. Its not isolated to horsey people as i have seen certain dancers and other sporty people be sponsored by the company too. They have very cleverly sold this to their influencer partners as "not a diet drink....BUT if youre not going to eat properly here I am" with there being some sort of altruistic undertone - better something than nothing. Much like sugar taxes and banning fast food ads outside of school, similar regulation of marketing of this type of thing needs to go in for anyone with a young audience and earnings from these type of ads should be taxed higher than ads for other products. As for adults who buy meal replacements, consider the strategies that these companies are employing and if you want to support them...

From what I gather Woody wasn’t at the dealers long so I doubt they knew about his issues. Maybe the previous owners had sound issues so sent him to a dealer to get rid rather then investigate or he had his hocks injected by them to make him sellable. If the dealer was as good as Rhi said then I doubt they knew of any soundness issues they needed to hide.

Reactions: 1
From what I gather Woody wasn’t at the dealers long so I doubt they knew about his issues. Maybe the previous owners had sound issues so sent him to a dealer to get rid rather then investigate or he had his hocks injected by them to make him sellable. If the dealer was as good as Rhi said then I doubt they knew of any soundness issues they needed to hide.
Yeah I'm pretty sure she had footage of her trying woody at the sellers yard in a vlog, and I think she knew the seller or had some sort of connection, so it would be daft if the seller did know about his issues. Can't remember if she named the person. Maybe an instructor she'd used before?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.