Equestrian Influencers #10 Be relatable, but not TOO relatable.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Slightly off topic but are they worth the money?
No! My physio begged me to sell mine after it made my boy sore and we had the saddle adjusted to account for the thickness of the pad. She reckoned it trapped his fascia. My explanation is probably rubbish - but he has never had back issues til we bought the pad. Others swear by them though.

Oooh anyone seen that the White’s have put an offer down on a house that has stables. Apparently it all needs work doing so they won’t move in for a bit. Wow that must’ve been expensive, I remember dreaming of a equestrian property in the new forest as a kid, when I went to visit one time.

I am not trying to be mean but I think she wasting her money trying to rehab him . I think she should retire him because a year later with lots of box rest isn’t helping . I don’t think he ever be sound because he can’t stay sound in any work. unfortunately I think she bought a horse that issues but the sellers never said anything because severe arthritis doesn’t appear overnight.
I agree either put it in a field and leave him and see if it comes sound or just let him go no life for a horse. there are other people rehabbing and whilst I feel sorry for her she is not the only one and her posts are very much like she is the only one going through it. Lauren Allin (Eventing on instagram) rehabbed her coloured think he’s used in the riding school now and I follow smaller profiles as I have an ex race horse so I find fromday1_exracer really interesting. Same with loosecannon_jack I think that was bad news to she is being vague. Turn them away or put them down!

Reactions: 3
Agreed. I still find it very odd for someone who has competed since she was very young to a - never moved from ponies to horses ( jam is a horse debate is old. Technically yes but in stature and how it rides it’s a pony. Also when someone is paying her to write a book she’s happy to call it a pony )
b - never got above 100

i am also not saying that everyone has to compete at high levels but she is a driven individual and has enough money from mummy to be able to do it so it’s strange that she constantly sits in her comfort zone.
She’s always said she’d like to go novice one day. I’m driven and have the ability to go further with help from my parents but I don’t have to bottle to do it myself! Your comment is very contradictory to be honest…

• Haha
No! My physio begged me to sell mine after it made my boy sore and we had the saddle adjusted to account for the thickness of the pad. She reckoned it trapped his fascia. My explanation is probably rubbish - but he has never had back issues til we bought the pad. Others swear by them though.
Thank you. They are sooo much money I will probably never buy one but interesting to hear both sides

Reactions: 1
Your washing machine sponsors aren’t going to be very happy that you’re advertising all your saddle pads have shrunk in the wash Meg 😂 They probably will help a Voltaire saddle be more comfortable for the horse because the saddles are designed for the rider.

Also, I’m really sorry, but those expertbits bridles look awful, very cheap and tacky.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Sticking with the equitex theme, how long before Meg is sponsored or supported by them? 😂
Clearly trying to curry favour by:

Firstly- pretending she didn't know the name/brand to get people to engage with her stories

Then create further engagement by umming and ahhing about which to buy.

Then finally giving her review and thoughts on it.

I suppose in the background she can then show the engagement metrics and say look I got this much buzz around your product and I can aim for X engagement if you sponsor me for this placement etc etc.

Easy to see innit?

Reactions: 10
Clearly trying to curry favour by:

Firstly- pretending she didn't know the name/brand to get people to engage with her stories

Then create further engagement by umming and ahhing about which to buy.

Then finally giving her review and thoughts on it.

I suppose in the background she can then show the engagement metrics and say look I got this much buzz around your product and I can aim for X engagement if you sponsor me for this placement etc etc.

Easy to see innit?
Very clever. But so obvious

Reactions: 2
Quite a few comments on her YouTube video saying it wasn’t needed and people were worried a horse had died or miscarried, first time I’ve seen any glimmer of negativity on her comments unless she deletes them!
I love Megs channel and instagram and look up to her hugely as an aspiring eventer. I’m only here as I was intrigued to see what this is all about and would only give positive feedback as I’ve got no time for negativity but I agree I think she needs to be careful with wording, especially with past sad circumstances we all felt for her with bear… I think as much interest would have been created if it was titled ‘we waved Dora off to her new home’ as the original title did. However she may not have thought of at that side of what the title concerns could raise, all a learning curve 😁

Reactions: 1
Oooh anyone seen that the White’s have put an offer down on a house that has stables. Apparently it all needs work doing so they won’t move in for a bit. Wow that must’ve been expensive, I remember dreaming of a equestrian property in the new forest as a kid, when I went to visit one time.
Omg - called it earlier in this thread that Daddy would be hit up for a place of their own that at least they can't get ran from! I suppose he had to be good for something other than just biological duties and very deep pockets 😅

Sticking with the equitex theme, how long before Meg is sponsored or supported by them? 😂
Well Rhi got sent a free pad so clearly Meg is after the same deal or a sponsorship. Can’t be having riff raff like that getting free pads when a top three finisher at badminton doesn’t 🙈😂
---

Your washing machine sponsors aren’t going to be very happy that you’re advertising all your saddle pads have shrunk in the wash Meg 😂 They probably will help a Voltaire saddle be more comfortable for the horse because the saddles are designed for the rider.

Also, I’m really sorry, but those expertbits bridles look awful, very cheap and tacky.
I wonder what the quality is like. She had at least one henry james bridle before and they are decent quality

Do you think Meg got a free pad anyway as she managed to pick one up pretty quickly after not knowing what they were called? 🤨 (not sure if they are sold in tack shops but the turn around of asking about what they were called to getting one seems pretty quickly)

Do you think Meg got a free pad anyway as she managed to pick one up pretty quickly after not knowing what they were called? 🤨 (not sure if they are sold in tack shops but the turn around of asking about what they were called to getting one seems pretty quickly)
They are very quick at getting the pads out, mine have always come next day, you can’t buy them in tackshops.
However, that doesn’t mean she hasn’t been gifted one for free of course.

Just started watching adele.equine after seeing her mentioned on here. While I she’s trying her best with a very hot and talented mare, the cross country vlog was a hard watch. The fences were far too big. The canter was too stifled and there was no need to pull her in the mouth after every landing. I see the ‘surging’ towards fences as Kodi trying to build up power to get across, she’s super honest.

Hope they take it back a notch and get the help/lessons that Emily is getting with Addie. Kodi could really go places, she has huge potential!

I think the story of Meg wanting an equitex to prevent a rub at the back of the saddle is bullshit anyway. In her most recent jumping vlog, Jam is wearing a half pad. So more likely to do with the extra cushioning that the equitex provides - but perhaps that doesn’t look so great for Voltaire, given it’s never been something she’s done or had an issue with previously, so she can’t say that 😉

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.