Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

borderterrier

Perfect ambassador … scrapping round a 50cm 🙄🙄🙄
One of my friends broke vertebrae when their horse tripped in walk. I don't think jump height has much to do with it. If point 2 want to aim at the low level riding club scene, then I would think Han would be a good ambassador.

Reactions: 28

isawitfirsthere

All this talk about Dee's arthritis is jarring me. Arthritis isn't necessarily a painful disease. Most horses (and humans) develop arthritis in early middle age. The best way to manage arthritis is to exercise and keep the muscles strong. Arthritis isn't necessarily a progressive disease. There is so much misinformation in the horse world re arthritis. If Dee is happy and sound she should 100% be kept in work.

Reactions: 24

JMx89

I get the impression that some people who comment on this forum are a lot greener with horses than the people they discuss. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on a gossip forum but some things are said that make it quite clear some people don’t have much experience with owning real, competition horses. There’s nothing wrong with that either- but it definitely needs influences some conversations about problems which aren’t even problems

Reactions: 22

mik05

Vossi doesn’t need a professional rider, I don’t think he’d be a professionals horse actually. He needs a competent confident rider who’s used to riding and jumping sharper horses. There’s plenty of amateurs like that. For example Meg is far from professional rider standard but the horse went much better for her, looked more relaxed and she enjoyed him despite not being an overly brave rider.
It’s not about what the horse could do competitively, it’s he doesn’t go well or look comfortable with Charlotte, they don’t look like a partnership or a team in any way. She loves the horse, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s more in love with the idea of him, the dream of showjumping the flashy grey, desperately hoping another new instructor will work or a new saddle will help. In reality she seems to lack the ability to really work on her riding whether that be in her head she doesn’t think she needs to or she’s at the top of her riding ability and can’t progress further. Either way they’re not suitably matched.

Reactions: 20

isawitfirsthere

Going out on a limb here but I don't really understand all the Meg hate atm. Are you really saying, if you were offered free products, you'd turn it down? Also I can't imagine she actually earns that much, so the "free stuff" are part of her payment for advertising. I also don't understand all the saltiness about a "real job". Thousands of people don't work a 9-5 anymore. It has taken a lot of work to build up such a following, and I know I wouldn't want to open myself up to the scrutiny. You might not like her ads, whatever, but I don't think anyone has the right to tell someone else they don't have a "real job".

• Haha

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
Does anyone else think it’s a bit sick that there’s a countdown to ‘the bad news’? Whatever it is, it just proves how pathetic the influencer thing is. Using stuff like that to attract the audience. Grim really.

ReaRea

Chatty Member
Anyway...I just told my husband about what some of you guys wrote and what I replied and he laughed at me saying I've done the equivalent of turning up and eating a cheeseburger at a Veganuary support group 😂

I realise that now 🙈

#teamlovetohatecharlotte
You have quite a high opinion of yourself and your supposed impact on this thread… I promise you haven’t been quite the stone in the pond you think you have been. 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

annonviewer23

Wish people would bore off with this now. Of course Vossi would be jumping better with a professional, mine would too! Does that mean he'll be happier? Or would he be happier with Charlotte having daily turnout, minimal travelling and regular hacks? He'd probably have ulcers or 1-2hrs turnout per day if he was with a professional. I know not all professional yards are like that, I work on a dressage yard, but it is extremely common! Yes she does yuck him in the gob over fences, but I probably inadvertently would too if I was riding a horse known to throw huge bucks in the air. Remember she's had a couple of falls from him either bucking in the air, or on landing and confidence takes a while to recover. At least shes having regular lessons to try to work on it. Think people just love to hate her.
You're utterly delusional just like her. You don't even need to stick a 'professional' on Vossi to see the difference.

Much as people criticise Meg, Vossi was moving with alot more freedom and expressive natural paces rather than scrunched altogether.

Reactions: 18

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
I love Meg saying “it’s hard to ride in the winter when you’ve got day things going on”… yeh, that’s called having a normal job and trying to juggle horses Meg, and it’s what the majority of us struggle with every day.
She really doesn’t have a clue about life in the real world 😂

• Haha

hippolife

Is RWC mad or is RWC mad??!! No wonder Vossi is off his head! She is completely off her tree! I hope he gets his legs checked for sprains and injuries from those blast outs she’s giving him. 🤦🏼‍♀️
Eh? Having a good canter on a proper gallops surface is perfectly fine. Now you’re just looking for anything to hate her for 🙄

Easypeeler

I really think the time and effort she puts into this pony is fantastic. She is very open in saying she is a lot for her but at least she is getting training to help with her. So many people would pass her on so I have to commend her also for sticking with it.

She is such a moron 😂
I agree , why you would continue to work a horse to that level that has Arthritis is beyond me. Glory hunting and the fact that she feels save on Dee as not that confident with new horses or ponies which seem to be her thing.
also controversial point probably for all the Megan fans ( it verges on an odd cult following at times) but she is far too big for Dora and she was bear and Bryni. Uncomfortable to see when she was competing them.
In all seriousness, how can you think Meg is too big for native ponies? Working off the 15% margin (if a pony weighs about 500kg, which is Google's guess, she can be up to 11st 9 and be within 15%) I bet she is still ok, She's barely going to be over ten stone and the Voltaire saddles are very lightweight.
Besides that she's fit healthy and an effective rider, she's not going to be flumping around all over their backs.
And before you come at me I'm not a mega fan or anything, but I am someone who thinks that's there's no need for bitching about adults on ponies.

• Heart

infernalcarpet

Chatty Member
I feel like someone hit a nerve by the way she replied but I don’t believe Harlow mother. I think she was kicked out of yard. Harlow mother and eille is just trying to protect there brands . Harlow channel is going to lose her sponsorships and viewers because people won’t be interested in a normal yard. I generally think they are trying protect by how both businesses as you wouldn’t trying your best to justify on social media if they weren’t true they would just ignore.View attachment 1937952View attachment 1937953View attachment 1937951
The poor grammar in these posts by harlowlunawhite deeply affects me 😅

Spearo11

Riding with Charlotte has definitely some kind of bi polar or personality disorder. She is ridiculous. She rides one dressage test and expects to be amazing at it. shes a lazy fucker who wants all the glory none of the work that it takes to get there.
her riding has got worse over the years. I wish she would give it up be better for her and the horse.
but she will just keep buying more products that she doesn’t need in the hope it will make her more popular.
Hmmm.... Can we maybe not diagnose people with mood/personality disorders of others that you don't personally know though and then to follow it up with "She is ridiculous". Not a fan of RWC in the slightest but that is not your place to comment. Not cool.

I think Han should be commended for her honesty and commitment to Affie. She loves her horse unconditionally. And there must be many many people out there, working with horses that are possibly too much for them, who won’t or can’t give up for whatever reason. She’s acknowledging the issues and seems to be doing her best to work on them, and it will be an interesting journey. And it’s making her a better equestrian. Affie is similar to my mare, and I have a low gentle energy, but with lots of support and clinics and training, I’m starting to be the leader she needs me to be, and it’s been a good journey in self development!

I’d love her to own Dora, I think they seem very sweet together! But, she’s standing by her Affie and good for her!

• Heart
Reactions: 17

borderterrier

Not everyone wants to compete at a higher level, or ride horses. I don't understand why people have an issue with that? So what if she has the money, not everyone has ambitions or confidence to go higher. I am perfectly content at competing my native at a relatively low level, which I have been for 20 years. I've no desire to go higher.

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
I just feel it’s a bit sick. People obviously thought something awful had happened, and the picture of Meg crying as the video thumbnail didn’t help.
I’m delighted that Dora has found a lovely home where she can be someone’s number one, and I’m sure Meg and her mum found it really hard to let her go, but I do not agree with the click bait thing to draw people in. It’s below the belt in my opinion.

takeiteasy

Greener than Emily? It’s not like she’s a pro.
Might not be a pro but certainly is an experienced horse owner and rider. A lot of people on this forum don’t necessarily have their own horses, or are happy hackers/low level riders. Whilst there’s ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT, they just wouldn’t have the experience of perhaps schooling up a youngster or managing an older horse.

A lot of people here are also here to just jump on the bandwagon.

Of course there’s holes in Emily’s training/Addies way of going. You can’t fix all the problems at once and you can’t teach everything at one, it’s all building blocks that will eventually add up to a bigger picture when she’s older. And even when she’s older, she will be working on newer things or harder things, so there will still be gaps in her training.

Reactions: 16

infernalcarpet

Chatty Member
I know plenty has been said already about the clickbait from Meg, but just wanted to add my two pence - if I were the new owners (apparently two young girls), I would probably be checking out the vlog, if only to see a bunch of previous footage of my new lovely pony. Would actually leave a bad taste in my mouth if the vlog was called 'Bad News'.
It could have been worded so much better (and without that stupid thumbnail). Sounds like Dora has gone to a lovely new home so it should have had a much more upbeat title.

Easypeeler

She went through that apparent Dressage ‘diva’ (she called herself that) phase so I don’t see how she can fib to her followers about never having done dressage lessons. I think for a long time riding to RWC has been riding on Voss on a short rein to contain his energy then let him fly over a jump and hope for the best in landing.

Best of luck to RWC, maybe she’ll learn how to ride in a partnership with Voss in her newest riding stage and not just blame him for everything.
Vossi's been in an elevator bit or Dutch gag for god knows how long kept on a short tight rein and not allowed to soften and lush from behind.... And now she thinks half an hour lesson,two attempts at schooling and he should just be able to soften and stretch and push through from behind in a snaffle??
That girl is deluded.
What the heck is up with all these influencers at the moment!?! Why are they all putting social media ahead of their most precious possessions!?
Charlotte has a well paid job and a wonderful horse... She could BUY the f&f coat, the yfood the air up or whatever she gets sponsored for, so why is she bringing herself so much sadness and stress trying to vlog and advertise!?
It's actually bonkers and the companies must be rubbing their hands with glee at these people turning themselves inside out to prove how worthy they are to advertise their crap. Normally just for the product to be given to them for free. It's not the same as a wage!
I actually understand Megs position, this is ALL her money. Adverts and sponsors are it.

But with Lotb, RWC, RTG, G&theE, nohorsehan, all the others I can't remember, honestly stick to the day jobs!
Love your horses, look after them, share their stories but please stop putting the horse second to shoving shite stuff down followers throats and then getting upset when your pretend Insta world comes crashing in.