Equestrian Influencers #10 Be relatable, but not TOO relatable.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen Olivia Bowen’s instagram where she is lunging her horse whilst her baby is strapped to her chest am i soft or is that insane?!?
Completely irresponsible. I hate these ‘mummy equestrian’ accounts

Reactions: 1
I just had a 2 minute scroll on her insta and I do not like the way that mare is held in such a tight contact for the flatwork. Very much a case of “make the front end look pretty” - but the front end doesn’t even look pretty! Short in the neck, BTV, awful. (It may be different in other videos, I just watched the newest flatwork video)
At the end of her vlog that I originally mentioned the horse is hand grazing because of the lack of turn out. The horse puts her head up and you can see a huge bulk of muscle on the underside of the neck. I haven't seen her instagram because she popped up on my recommended on youtube. But that muscle told me how she rides the horse.

At the end of her vlog that I originally mentioned the horse is hand grazing because of the lack of turn out. The horse puts her head up and you can see a huge bulk of muscle on the underside of the neck. I haven't seen her instagram because she popped up on my recommended on youtube. But that muscle told me how she rides the horse.
I’ve never watched her so this is a genuine question, not a dig lol. What breed is her horse? Could it be it’s natural conformation that hasn’t been schooled out yet? Some horses are naturally overdeveloped on the underside of their neck and it can take a few years to rebalance the neck

I’ve never watched her so this is a genuine question, not a dig lol. What breed is her horse? Could it be it’s natural conformation that hasn’t been schooled out yet? Some horses are naturally overdeveloped on the underside of their neck and it can take a few years to rebalance the neck
It is most definitely overdeveloped muscling on the underside of the neck. Even horses with ewe necks can be muscled up correctly with the correct work.
After going to look at the video you are referring to that absolutely confirms this is from how she is ridden. That is verging on Rollkur. In draw reins too.

Given she seems bit nervous of the horse too...
I know a girl who did similar, working round youngsters with her baby strapped to her chest Inc turning out
I feel like they think they’re projecting the image that they can keep their routine the same even with a baby. But it just comes across as completely irresponsible and dangerous.

Reactions: 5
Given she seems bit nervous of the horse too...
I know a girl who did similar, working round youngsters with her baby strapped to her chest Inc turning out
Just a personal anecdote but the owner of my yard, a very experienced horse lady was kicked in the head by her horse trying to get an itch as she was doing up his rug. Passed out on the stable floor and luckily another livery happened to be at the yard late. We now all wear hats to do everything whether leading, lunging or turning out/bringing in. You just never know! This was the most mild mannered horse that had no intention of hurting its owner but just had an itch!

Reactions: 7
Just seen Olivia Bowen’s instagram where she is lunging her horse whilst her baby is strapped to her chest am i soft or is that insane?!?
The horse looks unlevel on the first circle too. Might be that she is lunging it on a tiny circle though. She certainly doesn’t seem confident though. I wish these new mum horse Instagrammers would just be honest. I was there once with a baby strapped to me trying to do ground work and very quickly packed it in as it felt dangerous. I also did a a bad job as you can’t fully concentrate on the horse, your balance is off, you can’t move as quick as you might want to…
Olivia was one of those before she had her baby ‘I’m getting a new lorry so we can go out show jumping after the baby is born’ blah blah and then has hardly been riding it would appear.
Just say it as it is new mums- hard, priorities change and your body changes. I can’t stand the falseness. 😡 Enjoy your baby, it’s goes too fast.
Anyway rant over. 🤐

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m watching the video now and if that horse has a lack of turnout then how can she be surprised that it was fresh during the cross country schooling??

Reactions: 2
I feel like they think they’re projecting the image that they can keep their routine the same even with a baby. But it just comes across as completely irresponsible and dangerous.
Idk why it’s something to boast about. All of Sophie’s posts are just brags about how quickly she’s returning to things postpartum. If I were a new mum reading that I’d feel deflated. Surely Sophie is going to burn out at some point

Reactions: 4
Overbent and not allowed to stretch and go forwards into a contact if it’s the same one I’ve just looked at on instagram. She has a chestnut with a blaze/white face.

I was wondering the same thing it actually annoying because it gives impression to young riders that a 15+ horse is old. Esme is constantly referring him as her old boy . He is only turning 17 this year which is still very much in his prime but I got a feeling she going to retire Casper when he hits 20 . Micky was retired super early he was only 18 at the time but he is still capable of being ridden at 24 as he has no soundness issues.
I often wonder this. My boy is nearly 24 and very active so if these are considered old then he must be geriatric 🙈🙈😂😂😂

Reactions: 4
I often wonder this. My boy is nearly 24 and very active so if these are considered old then he must be geriatric 🙈🙈😂😂😂
Ditto! I've got one who's 24 next month, he's not ridden at the moment because I'm too heavy for him, but I had to put him and his 10-years-younger field mate into a field with some strainer posts lying in it while we waited for the farrier and he spent a very happy 15 minutes popping back and forth over them, even though it would have been easier for him to walk around them!

Reactions: 3
Sophie Seymore’s video jumping the connie, looks backward and uncomfortable. She seems on a mission to do as much as she can after having the baby. I hope she doesn’t burn herself out.

Just watched Emily’s latest vlog….. Addie had another 2 refusals on course, and I remember that Lola used to refuse a lot when Emily was riding her too?…. I wonder if it’s how Emily’s riding? I know Addie is still young, but every outing she’s stopping at fences…. And Lola used to do the exact same thing too. I think Emily needs to work on herself and stop blaming her horse. Just my opinion
I’m curious to see how things start to shape up with Addie and if they’ll get past the stops. Emily produced Lola and unfortunately she was a stopper. Emily has been working on her hands since she defaults to planting them and doesn’t allow the horse to use itself over the jumps.

Frankie’s ponies story. “Notice how Frankie doesn’t use her legs at all” on a video of the child clearly using her legs. Definitely seems like mother issues there!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.