Equestrian Influencers #10 Be relatable, but not TOO relatable.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if this has been brought up before, but does anyone else think Sophie Seymour's connie gelding is flat out lame behind?! Really not buying that his bucking and head tossing is "excitement". He looks incredibly uncomfortable in canter and over jumps, moves like a plank of wood the poor thing!!

I'm generally not a huge fan of hers but I have to give her credit for how she manages her horses with lots of turnout and in company as opposed to segregating everything, also usually bringing awareness to checking for pain when undesirable behaviours are present, however she seems to have not done this with the connie? If all checks so far have been clear I'd be digging deeper for sure!

Reactions: 4
Not sure if this has been brought up before, but does anyone else think Sophie Seymour's connie gelding is flat out lame behind?! Really not buying that his bucking and head tossing is "excitement". He looks incredibly uncomfortable in canter and over jumps, moves like a plank of wood the poor thing!!

I'm generally not a huge fan of hers but I have to give her credit for how she manages her horses with lots of turnout and in company as opposed to segregating everything, also usually bringing awareness to checking for pain when undesirable behaviours are present, however she seems to have not done this with the connie? If all checks so far have been clear I'd be digging deeper for sure!
Yes it does look really odd behind, and it does seem to do a lot of head flicking and hollows after a jump. Very odd she shouts so much about vet work being important but a horse displaying obvious pain signs and she's ignoring it. Plus she's jumping...... Hasn't it been roughed off whilst she's been pregnant!?

Reactions: 1
Yes it does look really odd behind, and it does seem to do a lot of head flicking and hollows after a jump. Very odd she shouts so much about vet work being important but a horse displaying obvious pain signs and she's ignoring it. Plus she's jumping...... Hasn't it been roughed off whilst she's been pregnant!?
He almost pauses on the landing rather than having a fluid movement, to me its alarmingly obvious so I don't know how she is content with hooning about on him still. Really disheartening to see when you think you have a sensible person promoting getting vet checks!

As for roughing him off, I don't follow her so I haven't a clue what she's been doing recently but that wouldn't surprise me. I think she almost views him as a hardy machine that she can jump on and do whatever kind of crazy fun stuff on without considering that all horses, whether they're a tough native or not, require gradual fittening to keep up with those demands. Sigh!

FYI this maybe of some interest to some.

The Spoga Horse Creator conference which had Meg and Lucy speak about their experiences in conjunction with the FEI media team.

2x 30 min segments if you search FEI on LinkedIn

Was Sophie Seymour’s partner the one with visa issues? Did it get sorted?

Was Sophie Seymour’s partner the one with visa issues? Did it get sorted?
Yes..the daily mail got a hold of the story and several of her followers had jobs or contacts that were able to push things along so the visa was granted very quickly!

• Wow
I reckon LOTLR won't end up going to Badminton. Looks like she has had a pretty crap start to the year and is now off skiing. Eventing prep way down on priority list (and fair enough, everyone has different priorities) but I reckon a withdrawal (without even entering yet) vlog will be forthcoming.

I think Adele.Equine on youtube has been mentioned before. The mare is seriously unhappy. I note she has moved to a yard that offers zero turnout in winter which may be part of the problem.

Reactions: 2
I reckon LOTLR won't end up going to Badminton. Looks like she has had a pretty crap start to the year and is now off skiing. Eventing prep way down on priority list (and fair enough, everyone has different priorities) but I reckon a withdrawal (without even entering yet) vlog will be forthcoming.
I disagree. As long as Banksy is fit enough there’s no reason why she won’t be able to go and give it a go. It will be great experience and good fun either way.

Reactions: 8
It's only the start of Feb! There's plenty of time still. As long as he stays quite fit he will be fine

Reactions: 5
It’s in May? Plenty of time to get fit enough

Why does Esme keep talking about Casper as if he's ancient. Yes he might technically be a "veteran" but it was years ago that a 15 year old was considered old. He's still in his prime!

Reactions: 5
Why does Esme keep talking about Casper as if he's ancient. Yes he might technically be a "veteran" but it was years ago that a 15 year old was considered old. He's still in his prime!
I was wondering the same thing it actually annoying because it gives impression to young riders that a 15+ horse is old. Esme is constantly referring him as her old boy . He is only turning 17 this year which is still very much in his prime but I got a feeling she going to retire Casper when he hits 20 . Micky was retired super early he was only 18 at the time but he is still capable of being ridden at 24 as he has no soundness issues.

Reactions: 6
I think Adele.Equine on youtube has been mentioned before. The mare is seriously unhappy. I note she has moved to a yard that offers zero turnout in winter which may be part of the problem.
I just had a 2 minute scroll on her insta and I do not like the way that mare is held in such a tight contact for the flatwork. Very much a case of “make the front end look pretty” - but the front end doesn’t even look pretty! Short in the neck, BTV, awful. (It may be different in other videos, I just watched the newest flatwork video)

Just seen Olivia Bowen’s instagram where she is lunging her horse whilst her baby is strapped to her chest am i soft or is that insane?!?

Reactions: 2
Just seen Olivia Bowen’s instagram where she is lunging her horse whilst her baby is strapped to her chest am i soft or is that insane?!?
It would be a no for me....but my horse is awful to lunge. Risk is made up of the likelihood of something happening plus the severity of what might happen. So it might be very unlikely to happen but if we're talking about hurt babies, then it's a high risk thing to do

It’s insane! Same with Sophie Seymour. Having that child in the buggy with nothing to stop the horse injuring the baby is just bleeping irresponsible. He should be the other side of the fence.
I was wondering the same thing it actually annoying because it gives impression to young riders that a 15+ horse is old. Esme is constantly referring him as her old boy . He is only turning 17 this year which is still very much in his prime but I got a feeling she going to retire Casper when he hits 20 . Micky was retired super early he was only 18 at the time but he is still capable of being ridden at 24 as he has no soundness issues.
Micky is happy retired and it meant they didn’t have to get rid which I can fully understand. Yes they could have loaned him out to a kid but whos to say they will luck after him and there is a certain stigma around veterans so it’s no wonder she has it in her mind he is old. The stigma needs to change as science is advancing and horses do seem to be having a much longer ridden career now.

I disagree, I think she’ll give it a go no matter what. Whether she’ll be ready in time (whether that’s fitness or confidence) is another matter. I think the XC course will set her anxiety off. But if she’s got the others around her I’m sure they’ll give her the balls to at least attempt it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.