Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I feel this post is implying I said something I didn’t. I am sadly very aware of how many sexual assaults go unpunished. I work in a hospital and have first hand experience with victims.

But that doesn’t change my post above. Many times throughout this thread I have pointed to the George Gibney case as an example of something that could happen again. The system is not supportive enough of sexual assault victims, but it’s the only justice system we have. Wannabe vigilantes online will only harm any potential case.

I am also very cautious about talking about someone in a situation like this as if we KNOW they are guilty. Statistically it’s unlikely there is a false allegation, but we don’t know very much actual information here.

I genuinely don’t remember any post which was victim blaming. If you think my post falls into that category, I’d ask you to reconsider.
I feel like that was also maybe directed at me? I've said several times and say again that if there is a case to answer then it should be answered 100%. I'm also pretty sure, having looked at the Balcony Freedom twitter account that it's a troll account that has tweeted what look to be false sexual assault allegations against loads of random Irish celebs. If you're bored you can scroll yourselves and have a look, around September 2017. This girl's account reposted the allegation it made against Eoghan and it looks to be false. Having a legitimate complaint yourself doesn't nor shouldn't give you carte blanche to post anything you like, especially something so serious. That she has complaint that should be investigated and the facts established and that she posted something damaging and false can be true at the same time.

Reactions: 1
It was all completely false hence why he’s going after Twitter in the high court. Just a fame hungry little clout chaser looking 10 seconds of fame. It’s a joke.

Reactions: 1

LucyLiu

Has anyone seen anything re the Victims Alliance on Twitter? Apparently they are/were working with alleged victim(s)
It seems all is not well & one of the founding members & a couple of others have been in outed as racist, ableist, homophobic etc etc etc
Her name has been trending on Twitter the last few days, and, most recently ran for election with the SD’s

I really hope that this doesn’t impact on any case that could possibly be. I hope that any victims who have gone to them will seek out another agency to assist them legally
I just saw a woman i follow stand down from a position in the VA... something bad must have happened.

Freddie101

I’ve posted a link below to an article detailing the situation about Linda Hayden

As far as I’m aware Ciara Kelly threatened to take legal action against Linda if Linda didn’t publicly apologise.

Linda did apologise, but also went onto like tweets criticising CK.

Up until the other day, most people on Twitter were siding with Linda, accusing CK of causing Linda to relive her trauma.

But since Linda’s tweets from approx 10 years ago were unearthed, there’s been a shift in opinion and support against her.

The tweets are pretty shocking, and she was in her 30’s when she posted them, and never even bothered to delete them

Coercing a victim!!! 😨

Yeah it seemed to be a proper love story, they’d been together years before and then the big reunion a few years ago. Can’t have been easy for her this past year, I remember they had moved in together, got a puppy etc

5hit

It’s interesting that she’s posting away as well on social media and she’s not featuring him . This is obviously intentional .
I think I saw him in Aoife's sister's birthday photos recently.

Maybe they are still together despite the media blackout - not to judge, but I wouldn't be

PepsiCherry

VIP Member
Someone in this thred said they live beside him and had seen Aoife, but that was a few weeks ago

I think he bought the house before they got back together iirc

He was a shocking presenter, but RTE kept pushing him. Just stole his ideas from BBC radio and Ian Stirling.
Dont think she's with him. Few of my friends in work know her and I think she's following her brother over to Christchurch. Hope she does, mortifying for her.

In the total absence of Eoghan in public / social life despite having been prolific online before and a big Irish media personality, it's kind of inevitable that people will plague those adjacent to him i.e Doireann. Not that I agree with it, sure we don't even know if they were actually friends, but it's just a bit inevitable.

IrishMeeja

Chatty Member
That is correct in some cases,
My abuser was named because it wouldn't have identified me,
If it was a relative or neighbour they wouldn't have been named.
A high profile is a reason to not name the accused too.

Sorry to learn what happened you. I hope you’re getting the right support ❤

Heidi77

VIP Member
I was
I just can’t see him getting up at the crack of dawn for a radio show. I follow him on IG and he just doesn’t come across as someone who would be into 5am starts 🤣
I was thinking the exact same thing!! Esp when he has to come in from Kildare.

Just saw this...
It’s really hard to tell on Twitter because he’s got like 80K followers and it doesn’t let you just search someone’s name . Same if you go to see who Doireann follows, you’d have to go through the 900 people she follows to see if she actually follows him .