Eoghan McDermott - Irish radio stars face social media allegations.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey all. Long time creeper, but just joined for the thread.
Anyone else find this slightly disturbing with the recent allegations?!
View attachment 502932
Seemed odd without the details. I was thinking "what, for free? Then the person has zero rights?" But if you go to the actual article and read the details it was a room free for ONE WEEK only for someone coming from the country. So not weird.

It might not be Eoghan himself but could be one of his friends/family.
And of course it could be just one of the many misogynistic rape/sexual assault/harassment apologists. One of the saddest things I've noticed in line with the growth in the MeToo movement, is the amount of those cretins there are out there too. Worse still that many of them are also women.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
And of course it could be just one of the many misogynistic rape/sexual assault/harassment apologists. One of the saddest things I've noticed in line with the growth in the MeToo movement, is the amount of those cretins there are out there too. Worse still that many of them are also women.
The sad effects of patriarchy & internalised misogyny.
The saddest thing is they will never question their beliefs.
They will believe they came up with them all by themselves.

I have to say I really feel a good sense of togetherness with this thread. It feels like a good safe place to be open & it’s great to see that people will call out the obvious trolls & that they are either removed or they remove themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The sad effects of patriarchy & internalised misogyny.
The saddest thing is they will never question their beliefs.
They will believe they came up with them all by themselves.

I have to say I really feel a good sense of togetherness with this thread. It feels like a good safe place to be open & it’s great to see that people will call out the obvious trolls & that they are either removed or they remove themselves.
And it looks like that's the case here tge defender looks to have exited

Reactions: 3
This isn't true anyway. The rte2fm account is still following him. Doireann Garrihy and Jen Zamperelli are both still following him too!
If they unfollow now it’s like them speaking out there is def done legal things going on

So has this just been swept under the carpet?? Has anyone seen him? How has he just vanished... blows my mind.

Reactions: 12
So has this just been swept under the carpet?? Has anyone seen him? How has he just vanished... blows my mind.
I was only thinking about this over the weekend. there hasn't been a whisper about it since.... It's all so strange and unnerving

Reactions: 8
I'd say it's very easy to hide in plain sight at the moment with masks, sunglasses and hats etc

Reactions: 4
No one has come out to support him publicly ( that I'm aware of ) which says a lot.

Reactions: 5
If there’s ongoing legal inquiries, there’s not going to be public comments. It would also be a while before anything actually happens.

It’s probably just that there’s no more new news. That isn’t sweeping it under the carpet.

Reactions: 6
He would literally blow himself if he could, he is so self obsessed. The bleeping gold discs behind him. Would you be able?

• Sick
Reactions: 9
Anyone read the write up on RSVP? About it being Eoghans birthday and how he has just vanished!

Reactions: 2
Just read that now: https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/celebs/eoghan-mcdermott-former-rte-stars-23921606

It's obvious he's laying low waiting for this sh1tstorm to pass and maybe dealing with some legal stuff if things progressed to that level, but the reality of what that must be like day-do-day is mind-boggling. Especially in a country like Ireland where people know people through people and the industry is so small. Is he sat watching Netflix in his and Aoife's home, walking the dog in the mornings and evenings? Or did he take a flight somewhere to get away from everything? How's he going to pay the mortgage? Is Aoife still going to work? How long can this period of exile last?

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.