Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Horsemonkey

The whole thing is very odd , even when the statements were retracted isn’t it strange that no one in RTE came out and said anything ?! Keith Walsh posted a tweet when all this kicked off and it alluded to Eoghan being guilty .
Have you got a link/ screenshot by any chance?

Headwrecked

I think he’s trying to get it in there that he had no idea. When Al Porter was subject to allegations, a lot of people in the industry came out and said about time, it’s no surprise to us.. yada yada. They didn’t come off looking great because if you knew all along, then why not speak up and say something? So in a sense I guess Keith is trying to distance himself from knowing anything or having heard anything, and suggesting that they were all taken in by this charming young man who seemed to be a great supporter of many plights. Groomers often groom not just their victim but everyone around them.. Not comparing like with like but think of Michael Jackson or Saville, and how they got away with what they did for years. Everyone was taken in. Again, not comparing Eoghan to either of them but more making the point that the charming veneer of a groomer is often very superficial
Was he not cleared of all allegations

MarsBars i see! Must be more than a few creeps around then this was more recently

Girl works in hospital. Sleeps with much older and more senior colleague. They stop sleeping together and remain on friendly terms. Now the older man has reconnected with an old flame and doesn't talk to the girl at all any more.

Roe tells the girl to tell HR everything
Oh ffs and what exactly does she hope will happen in this situation🤣🤣🤣 it wasn't the girls boss was it?
I wonder is she on speaking terms with her brother? Roe has been very open about her ptsd and struggles

Question when all of this first came out on twitter, wasn't there more victims who came forward? I seriously wonder where they went to, and there's a screenshot of one of them in the early pages of this thread

Last edited:

Eureka

VIP Member
Sure what do you want them to do?
They've let him go which is probably the best thing they could have done, none of this suspension lark, he's gone which says a lot in itself. It's just a huge elephant in the room that he's gone and they won't even acknowledge the reason.

5hit

Do we know for certain that his relationship with Aoife is over? Would be messy with the house etc. He came across bitter enough when everything was going well for him. I can only imagine what he’s like now. I think it’s safe to say his career in media is over regardless of the outcome of these allegations. He was a good presenter but I didn’t like the way he talked down to Doireann and you could hear his dislike of her, very unprofessional.
Someone in this thred said they live beside him and had seen Aoife, but that was a few weeks ago

I think he bought the house before they got back together iirc

He was a shocking presenter, but RTE kept pushing him. Just stole his ideas from BBC radio and Ian Stirling.