Enjoying being Emma #5 Face like a slapped arse, can’t wait to get back to her claas

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bloody hell is she still going on about how gutted she is 🤣why couldn't she bring the children with her?! This women way of speaking about her babies is disturbing..
I appreciate she wanted to spend time with John just them as a couple, but why doesn’t she make more of an effort to spend time with him in the evenings instead of going to bed at 8pm?

Reactions: 12
honestly Emma reminds me of my own upbringing - they love and care for me and I had a happy, safe childhood but sometimes they have a strange way of showing it (aka very much ‘tough love’)

We’ve never been cuddly/affectionate as a family. small inconveniences are a big deal. very overprotective. unrealistic expectations of my behaviour as a child. diet culture and calorie counting - we never had snacks in the house. would get personally offended when they would make a nice tea and I, a mere 2 year old, didn’t want it. I remember being given the silent treatment for several days after an argument and I still am reminded of the one time I behaved badly on holiday in public in 1993. Everything was catastrophised (eg if you go out drinking you’ll get arrested, end up in hospital and then we’ll have to clean up your mess and you’ll never get a decent job) and everything was seen as personal attack on them and their parenting, to the point where I know I can never, ever talk about this and how it affected me with them. They’d be in total denial. I’m even scared to post this because what if they somehow read it?? I’m a grown ass adult in my 30s for goodness sake and I’m still so scared of what my parents think, it feels pathetic 😅

I can confirm that whilst I love them and have a much better relationship with them now, it breeds resentment, deep rooted anxiety, an obsession with people pleasing and unhealthy boundaries in adulthood. But when I realised that other people’s families weren’t like that, I went off the rails as a teenager/in my 20s and became very good at lying 🙃

I think it’s why Emma’s stories annoy me so much, she needs to engage in just the slightest bit of reflection and realise that in the long term, this is going to really damage her relationship with her children. But then she will just blame J&H for being ungrateful and act like she’s a saint.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Emma’s splashing the cash on the kids, a whole £9 on some puzzles for vinted, some of which she is saving for Hattie’s birthday. Can’t she just buy the kids one item that is not second hand (not knocking second hand by the way, she just spends so much money on herself never her kids) 🙁

Reactions: 6
honestly Emma reminds me of my own upbringing - they love and care for me and I had a happy, safe childhood but sometimes they have a strange way of showing it (aka very much ‘tough love’)

We’ve never been cuddly/affectionate as a family. small inconveniences are a big deal. very overprotective. unrealistic expectations of my behaviour as a child. diet culture and calorie counting - we never had snacks in the house. would get personally offended when they would make a nice tea and I, a mere 2 year old, didn’t want it. I remember being given the silent treatment for several days after an argument and I still am reminded of the one time I behaved badly on holiday in public in 1993. Everything was catastrophised (eg if you go out drinking you’ll get arrested, end up in hospital and then we’ll have to clean up your mess and you’ll never get a decent job) and everything was seen as personal attack on them and their parenting, to the point where I know I can never, ever talk about this and how it affected me with them. They’d be in total denial. I’m even scared to post this because what if they somehow read it?? I’m a grown ass adult in my 30s for goodness sake and I’m still so scared of what my parents think, it feels pathetic 😅

I can confirm that whilst I love them and have a much better relationship with them now, it breeds resentment, deep rooted anxiety, an obsession with people pleasing and unhealthy boundaries in adulthood. But when I realised that other people’s families weren’t like that, I went off the rails as a teenager/in my 20s and became very good at lying 🙃

I think it’s why Emma’s stories annoy me so much, she needs to engage in just the slightest bit of reflection and realise that in the long term, this is going to really damage her relationship with her children. But then she will just blame J&H for being ungrateful and act like she’s a saint.
You've literally just described my childhood. My parents once left me for the day in Majorca because we were on an excursion and I forgot my pocket money! I'm the same now with people pleasding. Sending love ❤ and sorry everyone, back to Emma!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Emma’s splashing the cash on the kids, a whole £9 on some puzzles for vinted, some of which she is saving for Hattie’s birthday. Can’t she just buy the kids one item that is not second hand (not knocking second hand by the way, she just spends so much money on herself never her kids) 🙁
You’d spend £9 on one small plate in borough market where she fancied going today..

Reactions: 2
You've literally just described my childhood. My parents once left me for the day in Majorca because we were on an excursion and I forgot my pocket money! I'm the same now with people pleasding. Sending love ❤ and sorry everyone, back to Emma!
I’m so glad someone relates but I’m sorry that you went through it as well ❤ it’s hard isn’t it because I had a privileged childhood in so many ways and it was all stuff that if I brought up could easily be twisted into me just being ungrateful!! even now it’s a really lonely feeling as I don’t feel like I can talk to anyone about it as they’ll just minimise it by going ‘but they’re so nice and you had xyz!’ - like yes, I know that, and it could’ve been so much worse, but that doesn’t undo them unhealthily controlling me for 90% of my life at the expense of my mental health, regardless of whether it was with good, caring intentions 🫠

I see it in Emma, saying all these horrible things publicly and then sharing a post that says something like ‘you’re doing amazing mama’ 🙃 not an ounce of self reflection on how she could improve these situations eh, she knows best no matter what!

Reactions: 6
Lost.
Maybe she’s finally realising what a total spoon she’s been?
Oh no, wait. STILL on about James on Thursday.
Fucksake.

Reactions: 5
Lost.
Maybe she’s finally realising what a total spoon she’s been?
Oh no, wait. STILL on about James on Thursday.
Fucksake.
At this point the only thing that comes to mind is that she is a narcissistic twit. He misbehaved, it happens. Does it need to be mentioned again and again? Poor Janes, I bet she keeps saying things to him. The emotional trauma those two children will have with her sniping at each little misstep and bringing any mistake up repeatedly is going to be awful.

Reactions: 7
I could literally have written this myself!

Reactions: 2
I’m so glad someone relates but I’m sorry that you went through it as well ❤ it’s hard isn’t it because I had a privileged childhood in so many ways and it was all stuff that if I brought up could easily be twisted into me just being ungrateful!! even now it’s a really lonely feeling as I don’t feel like I can talk to anyone about it as they’ll just minimise it by going ‘but they’re so nice and you had xyz!’ - like yes, I know that, and it could’ve been so much worse, but that doesn’t undo them unhealthily controlling me for 90% of my life at the expense of my mental health, regardless of whether it was with good, caring intentions 🫠

I see it in Emma, saying all these horrible things publicly and then sharing a post that says something like ‘you’re doing amazing mama’ 🙃 not an ounce of self reflection on how she could improve these situations eh, she knows best no matter what!
Yes I recognise it in her too. But all the posh biscuits in the world won't make up for her coldness. I think it's partly lack of maternal instinct and just having kids because it's the logical next step and partly like you say a lack of self awareness. My mum freely admits she wasn't maternal. She's never hugged me or told me she loved me that I can ever remember. But she takes the fact that I'm (reasonably) successful now as evidence that she did a great job and brags about it. When really I'm a bit of a mess most of the time. It'll be exactly the same with James and Hattie. She already makes out that they're super clever. I had to unfollow her (defeats the purpose checking on here mind!) Because the parallels are so similar it makes me feel awful for those kids! But yes, I totally get it. And having nice stuff doesn't, in my opinion, make up for parents who take care of your emotional wellbeing ♥

Is this for us? 😂
Because it was mentioned about not being affectionate? 😂

I was going to comment earlier "Cue Selfies cuddling the kids"
that reads so awkwardly like one of those spam statuses on Facebook 🤣

“repost if you agree xxxx”

• Haha
What do we think she will moan about after their zoo day today?
What time will she upload a sad looking selfie saying how hard she has found today and is counting down to bedtime 🙄😴

Reactions: 4
There will be a snap of some unhealthy food that James demanded so she had to share it with him out of the goodness of her ice queen heart

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.