Enjoying Being Emma #3 Always moaning about James and John. Everyday something's wrong

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I never get her posts, she either writes a huge essay or posts a picture of a plate of food and writes absolutely nothing. I guess she did no housework yesterday so had nothing to write about šŸ¤”šŸ˜„
She thinks it makes her look arty but she's just a massive dick

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Imagine moaning about costs, then booking extra days in nursery so you can clean your houseā€¦

Oh and energy drinks before 8:30am- wrong on so many levels!

Reactions: 8
And then moaning your son will get too much chocolate for Easter! duck me, 2 tubes of chocolate left from Christmas while she shovels expensive shite in her gob at any moment!!! Unreal
He still has 2 tubes left probably because he's allowed 1 chocolate button a week.

Moaning about money though and wouldn't spend Ā£30 on road pieces for James... But will spend Ā£24 on 2 wooden doll things for Hattie's nursery. Which I imagine she won't be allowed to touch as she stated "For Hattie's nursery"

Reactions: 9
This makes me so so sad, so what if he gets chocolate eater eggs buy him one too! Heck Iā€™ll even buy him one- whatā€™s a 99p bloody egg šŸ¤¬

What child has 2 tubes of milky bar buttons left after 4 months?! Seriously sheā€™s passing on some weird habits to her children.

She really is vile at times.

Attachments

Reactions: 10
This makes me so so sad, so what if he gets chocolate eater eggs buy him one too! Heck Iā€™ll even buy him one- whatā€™s a 99p bloody egg šŸ¤¬

What child has 2 tubes of milky bar buttons left after 4 months?! Seriously sheā€™s passing on some weird habits to her children.

Itā€™s horrid isnā€™t it. To be fair, we still have stacks of Christmas chocolate from selection boxes etc. My daughter knows theyā€™re there, she just doesnā€™t often ask for them but I let her make her own choices (sheā€™s asked for pepper slices as a snack this morning rather than something from the chocolate box. Weird in my opinion but there you go šŸ˜‚) but I will still be getting her an Easter egg and doing an egg hunt for her for Sunday! If she doesnā€™t eat it all, I will help her šŸ˜‚ Iā€™d much rather her not be limited and be able to make her own choices (within reason) around what she eats than have an unhealthy relationship with chocolate and ā€œtreatsā€, consider them the holy grail and then binge on them when sheā€™s older and in charge of her own money. Thatā€™s what I did as we were strictly limited on things like that as a child and I now have terrible habits around food and the binge and then restrict issues that Emma has.

Same! I feel so sad for them both. She is actively passing on her on her awful relationship with food to her children. Chocolate at Easter or anytime will do them no harm. There is no such thing as "bad" food and its so harmful to demonise food in this way especially in front of her children.

I really worry about the impact of her dodgy food rules on those children

Same! I feel so sad for them both. She is actively passing on her on her awful relationship with food to her children. Chocolate at Easter or anytime will do them no harm. There is no such thing as "bad" food and its so harmful to demonise food in this way especially in front of her children.

I really worry about the impact of her dodgy food rules on those children
They could end up with terrible disordered eating like their mother. When I was younger I was lucky enough to always have biscuits, chocolate and crisps in the house. In a way I think this helped me as I donā€™t ever find myself ā€˜cravingā€™ it and I know when to stop.

Reactions: 6
They could end up with terrible disordered eating like their mother. When I was younger I was lucky enough to always have biscuits, chocolate and crisps in the house. In a way I think this helped me as I donā€™t ever find myself ā€˜cravingā€™ it and I know when to stop.
Me and my partner had completely different upbringings in this sense. He was similar to you. And was allowed it. Not restricted.
Where as I was always massively restricted. Hardly allowed things.
But who's the one who's always struggled with their weight/binge eats ect... Me.
My partner doesn't bother with chocolate ect and when he does, he eats it.
He's never been overweight in his life.

Trying to do the same with my kids! It's very hard to let go but I'd do anything for them to not grow up the way I did!

Kids get no choc for Easter but she'll go ahead and scoff a share bag of matlteasers at the cinema šŸ¤”

ETA nothing wrong with munchies at the cinema but don't deny your kids a treat aswell...

Reactions: 7
Me and my partner had completely different upbringings in this sense. He was similar to you. And was allowed it. Not restricted.
But who's the one who's always struggled with their weight/binge eats ect... Me.

Trying to do the same with my kids! It's very hard to let go but I'd do anything for them to not grow up the way I did!
Could have written this myself. And having the nice stuff accessible in the house adds a whole host of issues for me because I crave it constantly. Husband and daughter can take it or leave it, me on the other handā€¦cup of tea required 3 biscuits earlier purely because they were there and once Iā€™d tasted one, I couldnā€™t help myself šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 4

Couldā€™ve written this myself. Iā€™m convinced restriction and early exposure to diet culture is part of the reason for my disordered eating habits. Trying so hard not to pass them on to my daughter šŸ¤žšŸ¼
Emmaā€™s always been that way though, remember when she accidentally bought him a chocolate flavoured baby biscuit instead of a banana one so limited him to one per week?

• Sad
ā€˜James will get too much chocolate at Easterā€™ says the woman who bought sixty creme eggs for herself?? What does it matter, chocolate lasts ages! Iā€™ve noticed that several times in the past sheā€™s commented on still having Christmas chocolate in July as if itā€™s some kind of flex. So yet another book instead šŸ„² have these kids ever chosen their own toys??

I agree with everything above - a childhood of restriction means I have food issues too, and gradual exposure to crisps/chocolate etc (such as ordering it in the weekly shop and just having it around the house) has helped me but Iā€™m still feeling the effects of restricting for so long.

Iā€™ve unfollowed so that I donā€™t have to see her posts anymore and just going to check in on this thread, she displays so many behaviours that Iā€™ve struggled to unlearn - I used to be a toxic productivity diet culture obsessed teacher too and one big reason I got out of teaching was because of joy suckers in the staff room like Emma commenting on your lunch and comparing who works the most hours!

Reactions: 10
Here we go again! Back to ā€˜splittingā€™ individual sized snacks with a toddler child! Half a hot cross bun indeed šŸ™„

Now she 'doesn't like sponge' why post a moany comment about something someone has made you. Such a drain all of the time!

I don't believe she doesn't like sponge. She eats brownies/pastries etc. She is either on a weight loss mission or just being an ungrateful cow.
How many thomas the tank engine books are there?! I'm sure he'll get 1 tiny bit of choc and the rest in 6 months.

Sheā€™d have a fit at my 3 yr oldā€™s food todayā€¦ itā€™s been centred around chocolate - that we bought for her so the Easter Bunny had been when she woke up, then her grandmother came over with eggs from the rest of the family for her. She had Lindt bunnies for breakfast with her cereal - she was so excited for Easter - like she was on Christmas morning! I wonder if James and Hattie will ever get that excited about these special days and enjoy the fun that comes with them?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.