English channel migrant crossing crisis #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think it's 'nice'. The only 'niceness' from Sunak here is to Meloni who seems to be offering him a way to cosy up to far-right rhetoric without the risks of using Braverman as his proxy. Sunak's talk about how a few tens of thousands of asylum seekers will 'overwhelm' the UK is classic 'blood and soil' ideology. Sunak is now only half a step away from Trump's overt fascism but he still has time ...

I did think it was awfully close to smelling of the replacement theory - I think Italian far right has outright used it before too

Imo what he said still sounds nicer than outright calling asylum seekers criminals and wanting to refuse all asylum claims

Every country has laws that must be obeyed!
Guess we're sending Afghan citizens (including women) back to Afghanistan then. Who cares what the law actually is eh? If you're breaking it by existing then that's your problem

Reactions: 3
Every country has laws that must be obeyed!
What does that have to do with what I said?

What does it have to do with the fact that some people's very existence is deemed against the law? Should they stop existing/being who they are?

Reactions: 2
Criticizing the Rwandan government can lead to years in jail (with solitary confinement) - here the critics were about the handling of the legacy of genocide of the Tutsis: https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2022/4/20/my-story-being-an-opposition-figure-in-rwanda

Refugees got shot in Rwanda because they demonstrated over the fact that food was being more and more rationned.

So, no, Rwanda is not a safe country and doesn't seem to follow the rule of law. The british government should be honest about their intentions instead of passing orwellian bills.

Yes of course, we keep to our own lanes here!
This is still very much a terrorist state, masked men sit in a courtroom to intimidate witnesses, surrounded by police, unhindered!
That's astonishing 😲
Like fighting fire with fire now as well with the migrants situation 😦

Reactions: 1
I did think it was awfully close to smelling of the replacement theory - I think Italian far right has outright used it before too

Imo what he said still sounds nicer than outright calling asylum seekers criminals and wanting to refuse all asylum claims

Guess we're sending Afghan citizens (including women) back to Afghanistan then. Who cares what the law actually is eh? If you're breaking it by existing then that's your problem
Regardless of what or who these people are there’s a limit to how many people can be helped!
---
That's astonishing 😲
Like fighting fire with fire now as well with the migrants situation 😦
That’s why we’re all on tenterhooks including gov, we’ve never had a situation where these groups have merged on any level before.only over the odd shooting of a policeman in front of groups of kids that he was coaching ( football) because he happened to be investigating paramilitary drugs gangs.

Last edited:
I will say it's interesting that the very people who are all "the government has it out for you" and the future is horrible also don't care at all about the masses of people living under very similar rules in other countries 🤷‍♀️ A part of me thought that line of beliefs was connected to protesting the move towards that type of society

I will say it's interesting that the very people who are all "the government has it out for you" and the future is horrible also don't care at all about the masses of people living under very similar rules in other countries 🤷‍♀️ A part of me thought that line of beliefs was connected to protesting the move towards that type of society
Maybe because they had to fight hard to get where they are and don’t want to give it away too easily 🤷🏼‍♀️ it makes people more patriotic when they have to fight for something that’s rightfully theirs ,imo.

The point is more people with those views are arriving illegally into this country we have a duty of care to our own citizens and their hard fought battle to be recognised for who they are.
It might be your point. It wasn't mine. I was commenting on what constitutes 'breaking the law' in Rwanda and why The Supreme Court found it to be unsafe for asylum seekers.

Last edited:
it makes people more patriotic when they have to fight for something that’s rightfully theirs ,imo.
Damn, so all those asylum seekers aren't patriotic??

I thought we'd have a more nuanced view of how control over technology (i.e being able to shut down or censor the internet, track your location and the like) would influence the ability of a society to fight against controlling governments... suppose you just have to be more patriotic

And that's ignoring messes caused by the interference of other governments in the recent past

I get the very strong feeling that people who believe that the UK government has victimised and abused groups with which they identify or sympathise are only too eager for the UK government to treat other groups in the same way.

Damn, so all those asylum seekers aren't patriotic??

I thought we'd have a more nuanced view of how control over technology (i.e being able to shut down or censor the internet, track your location and the like) would influence the ability of a society to fight against controlling governments... suppose you just have to be more patriotic

And that's ignoring messes caused by the interference of other governments in the recent past
I’m talking about the citizens of oppression that took control to then be expected to lose it again.We’ve always lived under a very right -wing gov ,in the DUP , opposed to gay marriage, abortion, sectarian, racist etc, etc …They won’t sit in gov under a first minister that they class as second class…It happens!…This is the UK today!
---
Oh my! Wonder will they get the culprits??

---
I get the very strong feeling that people who believe that the UK government has victimised and abused groups with which they identify or sympathise are only too eager for the UK government to treat other groups in the same way.
Is that yourself you’re talking about?
---

How do you change other countries laws?

Last edited:
It's because they have an individualistic scarcity mindset and aren't necessarily opposed to the government, just opposed to anything that disadvantages them personally.

Interestingly, the ones who are sympathetic to Palestinians and understand how they might unwillingly become refugees in that thread, are in this thread putting it down to a lack of patriotism.

Also being patriotic... some of us would argue that getting rid of the current government would be the best thing for this country but I doubt any of us would fight that cause to the point of our potential death. Self preservation is a very normal human trait.

It's because they have an individualistic scarcity mindset and aren't necessarily opposed to the government, just opposed to anything that disadvantages them personally.

Interestingly, the ones who are sympathetic to Palestinians and understand how they might unwillingly become refugees in that thread, are in this thread putting it down to a lack of patriotism.

Also being patriotic... some of us would argue that getting rid of the current government would be the best thing for this country but I doubt any of us would fight that cause to the point of our potential death. Self preservation is a very normal human trait.
It’s not lack of patriotism, it’s too much patriotism 😂 like we’re without vital services because our right wing gov use an invisible sea border as an excuse for undermining their patriotism to UK 🇬🇧…I rest my case!

It’s not lack of patriotism, it’s too much patriotism 😂 like we’re without vital services because our right wing gov use an invisible sea border as an excuse for undermining their patriotism to UK 🇬🇧…I rest my case!
How is that related to the point I was making?

How is that related to the point I was making?
These are the patriots I’m talking about, don’t want any race only white British.
---
Seems they’re all calling for gov dialogue after the fire.

---

Last edited:
These are the patriots I’m talking about, don’t want any race only white British.
---
Seems they’re all calling for gov dialogue after the fire.
Acts of violence against those who have less power than you while supporting a government that has made standards of living worse and worse is a weird way to be patriotic.

Acts of violence against those who have less power than you while supporting a government that has made standards of living worse and worse is a weird way to be patriotic.
Try telling them that ! most of them have never set foot in England yet are more British than the monarch 😂 that’s why people are surprised that those who despise ( born on the island) Ireland and all it stands for are teaming up with Irish patriots that despise England and all it stands for …To drive out foreigners.

Last edited:
Try telling them that ! most of them have never set foot in England yet are more British than the monarch 😂 that’s why people are surprised that those who despise ( born on the island) Ireland and all it stands for are teaming up with Irish patriots that despise England and all it stands for …To drive out foreigners.
Hmmm it's almost as if this isn't about being "patriotic"